2011 P1 Registration Exercise for 2012 In-Take
-
Fur-ma:
FYI and especially for those parents who, like me, are waiting till the 2nd day of 2B to see how many have applied and start calculating the chances of getting their child into their dream school - I called AT and asked if they will reveal out of the number of applicants staying <1km, how many are Sporeans so that I can calculate more accurately my dd's chances. They said will only give the number of applicants, no breakdown given. So in summary, can calculate till the cows come home, but will never be able to calculate correctly. Sigh... getting in boils down to pure luck :frustrated:
Actually i believe there is no directives from MOE whether schs can reveal the numbers or the breakdowns.
DH used to work in a sch and has seen through 2 principals. First P was a nice person, didn't want to give parents false hopes. So advised those who clearly can't make it to apply else where. Second P wanted balloting and inflated numbers to make the sch look very popular. Admin staff were told to accept every application and not to reveal numbers.
What to do?
-
Funz:
I agree too that priority be given to Singaporeans. If you were a student of that school and your children are still not citizens but PRs, it goes to show your level of commitment to the country.[/quote]
Can't agree more!lakesidemum:
[quote=\"Scary\"]In case some of you do not know, there are parents who did PV for 2 schools. If they can't get into Rulang, they still have the other. If can't get into either one in phase 2B, they still have phase 2C to try if within 1km. How many of us here have such priorities?
Also, quite a no. of vacancies in the earlier phases are taken up by PRs. If want to change, MOE shld give priorities to Singaporeans. PRs will have to register in a separate phase, maybe phase 2D before foreigners unless they have been here for a certain no. of years. I know this will offend quite a no. of people but shouldn't Singaporeans be given priorities in their own country? I believe in this case, there will be good mix of the rich and the poor.
YES YES, can't agree with you more. Singaporean must be given the priority. :hi5: -
I’m stress… I cannot sleep… Just taking some panadol to cool down the tension… Am I the only one who has this stress? Can gv me tips to relax…???
-
Alkanet:
I'm stress... I cannot sleep... Just taking some panadol to cool down the tension... Am I the only one who has this stress? Can gv me tips to relax...???
Every parent involved in the P1 registration experiences this type of anxiety and stress every year, so you are not alone.
There's nothing you can do now, but wait for the day to come. If you don't rest well now, you will not be in tip top condition to face the day, right? So, take a good rest. -
Alkanet:
I'm stress... I cannot sleep... Just taking some panadol to cool down the tension... Am I the only one who has this stress? Can gv me tips to relax...???
Hi Alkanet, you are not the only one under stress. Me being one of them too. Dh chided me for being so tensed up over this process which is absolutely beyond our control. He added that it will be a bonus if we can get into our preferred school. If not, we just have to choose the next best school for our dd.
Wish you the best of luck
-
I was musing over some of the suggestions given in this thread for addressing the PV and balloting issues etc. Had a sudden thought: perhaps schools should obtain info about the number of ex-students who intend to register their kids in their alma-maters, BEFORE the process of PV selection. Then they wouldn't be caught in surprise by the number of 2A applicants... Of course this would be an administrative nightmare though

-
Thx... Panadol & playing Angry Bird made me relax a bit. :rotflmao:
My worry is becoz my choice of school, school A might be doing upgrading to cater the single session. But they haven't decided yet. So this mystery location is thrilling... I mean it can means 1 more hour on the trip to school...
Then my boy seems under insecurity... He keeps saying he wants to be with his current teachers n friends... Some of his friends are going to school B n C. (under P2C). But after researching, school A is da best. (P2B) Unfortunetely none of his classmates go to school A.
My hubby is like.. Up to me... I mean I wish he will be more supportive...
Pls, Advise me how to motivate my kid to overcome his fear & motivate him??? -
I had registration my son under P2A2 … til today i had not receiv any letter from the school yet… what happen??? not selected or wad?? tried calling the school but no1 answered…
-
should be no problem since from MOE website stats all schools still have vacancy for phase 2B meaning all applicants in Phase 1, 2A1 and 2A2 should be successful.
results released on Wed 13 Jul and so depending on when the school post the letters they may be slight delay in post and you may receive the mail on Mon.
you can try calling the school on Mon altho i m pretty sure yr child will be successful -
deardar:
I had registration my son under P2A2 ... til today i had not receiv any letter from the school yet.... what happen??? not selected or wad?? tried calling the school but no1 answered...
I registered my daughter under P2A2 last year...the letter doesn't arrive so soon. It will be in the letterbox roughly b4 P2C starts. In the meantime, you can try to call the school to have a peace of mind.
Included in that form will be the signature of principal and date of orientation.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login4
Online211.3k
Users34.5k
Topics1.8m
PostsMaths
English
Chinese
Multiple subjects