Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Me Time!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Recess Time
    36.2k Posts 331 Posters 3.3m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • MrsKiasuM Offline
      MrsKiasu
      last edited by

      lee_yl:
      ChiefKiasu:

      [quote=\"MrsKiasu\"]Leeyl, is it 14k steps at the right hand side? the left side is how many steps 5k? When I looked at my phone this morning, I was so happy to see more than 10k steps done yesterday and the other day 2x 😂


      Psst. If you want to loose weight, the most important thing is to watch what you eat. I was walking from 10K - 15k steps a day for 2 months without any decrease in weight. Then i stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks and I lost 6 kg. So its what you eat (or don't eat). Right now at 69kg which is still rather high...

      Psst. If we don’t exercise, very soon we will see flabby / wobbly arms and legs! 😆

      If you ask me to run 2.4km, I think I will die, but I am definitely ok to walk say, 5000 steps a day, say, when shopping at Taka/BHG etc. 😆

      Hospitalize don’t say lah, my mum was hospitalized for a week after her hip/leg operation, not just lose weight, I found that she suddenly like aged a lot during and after the hospital stay. :yikes:[/quote]I usually heard sudden drastic drop of weight will make us looks more aged..but wonder if our skin could recondition after a while.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • MrsKiasuM Offline
        MrsKiasu
        last edited by

        lee_yl:
        MrsKiasu:

        [quote=\"lee_yl\"]https://i.postimg.cc/h4YHbL3n/BCF73-FEB-CF9-F-4-CC6-B271-2-EC2937-FDC13.png\">


        Leeyl, is it 14k steps at the right hand side? the left side is how many steps 5k? When I looked at my phone this morning, I was so happy to see more than 10k steps done yesterday and the other day 2x 😂

        10,000 steps.

        I tried once with DH. Walked about 10,000 steps from Novena to Botanical Garden station (wanted to walk to NYGH but I gave up half way and turned back). I don’t think I want to do it ever again. It is too “traumatic” for me. I can do at most 3,000 steps non-stop a day (about 30mins walk).[/quote]10k, still ok I guess..14k quite difficult for me.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • MrsKiasuM Offline
          MrsKiasu
          last edited by

          Estéema:
          Flabby, wobbly & not forgetting cellulite buildups that cannot be exercised out except for lipo!

          yes cellulite, I discovered that on my thigh some time back when I sat down near the led warm light one evening..got a shock..no more youtiao with kopi O for breakfast ever since 😆

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • N Offline
            ngl2010
            last edited by

            I read that massage can reduce cellulite.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • laughingcatL Offline
              laughingcat
              last edited by

              Estee and MKS, DS1 only started giving tuition only last week. It was a tiring and dramatic start. I keep hearing complaints for the first few days that it is so difficult to get the kids to do real work before play. Initially only 3 kids came on the first day, then down to 1 on the 2nd day. DS1 gotta go to their house to get them to come. Round them up before starting the work. On the fifth day, then start to see streams of kids coming on time, new kids some more. New kids came after seeing them doing work at the void deck. Initially he complained so difficult to get them to come. Only after he gave them a pep talk, then they start to be serious. I saw a new him that I have not seen before....so strict, so serious. :rotflmao: Everyday got homework. 5 problem sums. There will a diagnostic test at the end of this week. I was like :yikes: . Will the kids run away? :siam: hmmm.....he dun want to tell them....give them a surprise test. :scared: I am crossing my finger :xedfingers: I dun think DS1 can be a teacher liao.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • EstéemaE Offline
                Estéema
                last edited by

                @ LC On the contrary, I see a Blooming Bz coming on with a young entrepreneur educator! I didn’t imagine a 12-year-old can think of doing an assessment tests for peer coaching! Sounds very dedicated to his new role, that’s why u find him serious? So amazing!

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • laughingcatL Offline
                  laughingcat
                  last edited by

                  no biz leh…it is free.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • EstéemaE Offline
                    Estéema
                    last edited by

                    laughingcat:
                    no biz leh.....it is free.

                    Once he gain confidence in peer coaching, do consider as his reward & early intro to entrepreneurship. Give him a chance lah. 😉

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • lee_ylL Offline
                      lee_yl
                      last edited by

                      Estéema:
                      Flabby, wobbly & not forgetting cellulite buildups that cannot be exercised out except for lipo!

                      I envy those 17-18yo teens who are slim and can wear spaghetti stripes and tight shorts. No need to exercise also can have firm muscles. 😆

                      I have seen chio mummies doing that too but still, age shows and can’t really be compared to the teens.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • MrsKiasuM Offline
                        MrsKiasu
                        last edited by

                        lee_yl:
                        Estéema:

                        Flabby, wobbly & not forgetting cellulite buildups that cannot be exercised out except for lipo!


                        I envy those 17-18yo teens who are slim and can wear spaghetti stripes and tight shorts. No need to exercise also can have firm muscles. 😆

                        I have seen chio mummies doing that too but still, age shows and can’t really be compared to the teens.

                        oh different..think for someone never gave birth but same age as us will look better I think..gave birth younger or older maybe also different as skin elasticity will be better when younger..skin will sag when old..see till what degree, that is quite a sad thing to go through for women..10 years some more 😓 positive thinking la..can go through all these meaning longer life..happy thing.

                        catching up sleep..woke up at 5am then went back to sleep 😂

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3612
                        • 3613
                        • 3614
                        • 3615
                        • 3616
                        • 3616 / 3616
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        georgia_angG
                        georgia_ang
                        BubbledewB
                        Bubbledew

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy