Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Me Time!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Recess Time
    36.2k Posts 331 Posters 3.3m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • starlight1968sgS Offline
      starlight1968sg
      last edited by

      janet88\" post_id=\"2077172\" time=\"1659514239\" user_id=\"12950:

      Kids are complaining our new place is inconvenient.
      To a certain degree, it is compared to Toh Yi. But we didn’t have a choice since hubby got retrenched and his OA was running dry. Flat was also old and would cost a lot to renovate.
      Moving would be a big headache since resale flats are expensive. Anyway, they will get married and move out one fine day.
      I think your place is ok.
      Isnt your prince going to stay in hostel when he enters U?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • janet88J Offline
        janet88
        last edited by

        starlight1968sg\" post_id=\"2077182\" time=\"1659517605\" user_id=\"14025:

        I think your place is ok.
        Isnt your prince going to stay in hostel when he enters U?
        No, bcos NUS is near home which is why he didn’t want to go to NTU.
        My place is inconvenient as there is a need to take a bus to either EW line or Downtown line. So they are both complaining.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • phtthpP Offline
          phtthp
          last edited by

          janet88\" post_id=\"2077172\" time=\"1659514239\" user_id=\"12950:

          Kids are complaining our new place is inconvenient.
          To a certain degree, it is compared to Toh Yi. But we didn’t have a choice since hubby got retrenched and his OA was running dry. Flat was also old and would cost a lot to renovate.
          Moving would be a big headache since resale flats are expensive. Anyway, they will get married and move out one fine day.
          Is your new place nearby any hawker centre or coffee shop ? If Yes, still OK.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • janet88J Offline
            janet88
            last edited by

            phtthp\" post_id=\"2077199\" time=\"1659526137\" user_id=\"35251:

            Is your new place nearby any hawker centre or coffee shop ? If Yes, still OK.
            My place is in the outskirts of Bukit Batok…no coffee shop or hawker centre.
            Tengah is on the opposite of the road.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • EstéemaE Offline
              Estéema
              last edited by

              janet88\" post_id=\"2077202\" time=\"1659531924\" user_id=\"12950:

              My place is in the outskirts of Bukit Batok…no coffee shop or hawker centre.
              Tengah is on the opposite of the road.
              I think those staying in Punggol having such problem too. Have 2 frds stsying at outskirts of Punggol & hv to change stn at Serangoon & then LRT plus bus before reaching home. So, oftentimes, they just tabao dinner home to family. I can imagine how inconvenient by the time their kids finish off primary sch to head for sch’s further fr home. Can’t imagine if they end up at NTU

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • ChiefKiasuC Offline
                ChiefKiasu
                last edited by

                Ouch. I lost my notebook computer today 😢 . Was throwing things in the void deck and my brother in law threw everything including my notebook into the recycling bin. I discovered I was missing the notebook too late just 10 minutes later and by the time we were back at the place, the trash was already raided and the notebook was gone. I was devastated as I was the only one with the P1 registration data, so if it was gone, I don't know where to hide my face. Luckily, I checked onedrive and thank God, it was all down there.


                Going to buy a new notebook tomorrow. What is a reasonably good notebook around $1.5k?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • MrsKiasuM Offline
                  MrsKiasu
                  last edited by

                  :yikes: got photos or not? 😓

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • Liew Nga WingL Offline
                    Liew Nga Wing
                    last edited by

                    No worry, can always get P1 Registration data of a few years back from other sources online. If there’s a password on the original notebook computer, other also cannot open the data stored in it. Learn a lesson to take care of personal belongings.


                    Beside one drive, try to share the data file with any family members so in case anything happen can still got a back up. In my company, we are no longer using server to store data, we are now using SharePoint and each data file is become a website where we no need to worry about any server crashes as before.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • chenlaoshiC Offline
                      chenlaoshi
                      last edited by

                      ChiefKiasu\" post_id=\"2077210\" time=\"1659538726\" user_id=\"3:

                      Ouch. I lost my notebook computer today 😢 . Was throwing things in the void deck and my brother in law threw everything including my notebook into the recycling bin. I discovered I was missing the notebook too late just 10 minutes later and by the time we were back at the place, the trash was already raided and the notebook was gone. I was devastated as I was the only one with the P1 registration data, so if it was gone, I don't know where to hide my face. Luckily, I checked onedrive and thank God, it was all down there.

                      Going to buy a new notebook tomorrow. What is a reasonably good notebook around $1.5k?
                      Opps :oops: thankfully there's cloud storage. I'm using Lenovo Thinkpad. There are 8.8 offers - vouchers on top of discounted prices, so if you are not in a rush, can check out https://shopee.sg/lenovoofficial or https://www.lazada.sg/shop/lenovo/?path=index.htm official stores.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • ChiefKiasuC Offline
                        ChiefKiasu
                        last edited by

                        chenlaoshi\" post_id=\"2077217\" time=\"1659545805\" user_id=\"162894:

                        Opps :oops: thankfully there's cloud storage. I'm using Lenovo Thinkpad. There are 8.8 offers - vouchers on top of discounted prices, so if you are not in a rush, can check out https://shopee.sg/lenovoofficial or https://www.lazada.sg/shop/lenovo/?path=index.htm official stores.
                        Thanks for the recommendations! Unfortunately I am in a hurry so I'll buy it at sim lim Square today 🙂 Well, hopefully, my old notebook will go to someone in real need of help.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 2645
                        • 2646
                        • 2647
                        • 2648
                        • 2649
                        • 3615
                        • 3616
                        • 2647 / 3616
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        MarkForYouM
                        MarkForYou

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy