All About Preparing For PSLE
-
mummy OnABudget:
Oh dear! You sound so stress. He will not do badly due to enjoying himself on Christmas Day. Give yourself & the boy a well deserved break. Merry Christmas!Honestly from my point of view i will rather aim for final results then DSA cause if he really does not do well and he enters hes going to suffer the rest of his school journey imagine, being taunt when his classmates ask him for his plse score and if they hear that he got in thorugh DSA with a lower then what is expected COP hes going to be laugh at.
Thats why i been telling my son u may think u are suffering now think of the end where u will reap the benefits.
Its xmas and i am home coaching him one on one whereas my family has left to celebrate 5xmas at my godmother house, i told my boy xmas every yr also have but psle is a one in a lifetime thing is either u nail it high which u can or u can just heck care and throw everything away just like that. -
It will be tough when school reopens. Give the kids a break this Christmas and on New Year’s Day. With CNY in Feb, think schools will ramp up soon after school starts. Plan a timetable…but be flexible especially after June.
-
thefadzli123:
219 ?? Frankly.......that's really too far away fr the ave of the pupils in DHS.....
Getting at least 260 SHOULD be quite safe. If your son has special talent, try DSA. My friend successfully applied for DSA(basketball) at DHS this year. He scored only 219 but he still can go there. He also said as long as he get at least 200, he can go DHS. Lucky....mummy OnABudget:
oki so will mainly depend on his results praying hard he will do well enough and from now start waking up now hes in his own land aka xmas land dreaming of what presents hes going to get.
As for me is now see no evil hear no evil talk no evil as dh has step in to push this lazy snake forward.
below will be the 3 choices i will be making so is best to aim for at least 260 to get in base on this yr cop right?
DHS\t 255
CHS \t 252
SJI \t 251
Hope he can cope with his studies....
Wonder isit juz becos he happened to have done exceptionally badly for his Psle.....or this is his std ?
The lowest i heard was 23+ ( DSA Via sports) where this boy already having problems with the coping of the demands.....
Would like to highlight the point that shd the pupils Not able to meet the requirement of the sch promo criteria....
Can be downgraded to \"O\" level class at the end of yr2...
So please work hard....in fact extra hard......so as to remain in the IP programme.... -
ya lor i am more stress then him and the more boh chup he is my stress goes up hubby brought me out today to relax abit but came home and found work meted out to him only half done i more haiz, wonder what am i gona to do with him.
-
mummy OnABudget:
ya lor i am more stress then him and the more boh chup he is my stress goes up hubby brought me out today to relax abit but came home and found work meted out to him only half done i more haiz, wonder what am i gona to do with him.
You sound like me when I was preparing for my kid's psle! My kid was Bo chup while I was the stressed one. She did minimal work when I had to get away from her before I strangled her to death. She also had to study on Christmas altho she got to join the celebration in the evening.
We had to study with her literally. She didn't wake up until 1 day before psle. Fortunately, things turned out fine.
Keep at it, mummy on a budget. Your effort will pay off. -
rains:
Since the start of this year, my son was still in la-la land...a world of his own.mummy OnABudget:
ya lor i am more stress then him and the more boh chup he is my stress goes up hubby brought me out today to relax abit but came home and found work meted out to him only half done i more haiz, wonder what am i gona to do with him.
You sound like me when I was preparing for my kid's psle! My kid was Bo chup while I was the stressed one. She did minimal work when I had to get away from her before I strangled her to death. She also had to study on Christmas altho she got to join the celebration in the evening.
Like you, I was close to strangling myself...hyperventilating. Didn't sleep well at night. At the same time, I also had to hold back in case of the scenario that he burns out...that would be as good as not sitting for PSLE...so had to learn to fly kite...pull a little, let go a little.
The kids are just 11+/12 years old...yet, they had to face this first so-called major exam after 6 years of education. :slapshead: it's more like parents re-taking PSLE right? -
janet_lee88:
Since the start of this year, my son was still in la-la land...a world of his own.rains:
[quote=\"mummy OnABudget\"]ya lor i am more stress then him and the more boh chup he is my stress goes up hubby brought me out today to relax abit but came home and found work meted out to him only half done i more haiz, wonder what am i gona to do with him.
You sound like me when I was preparing for my kid's psle! My kid was Bo chup while I was the stressed one. She did minimal work when I had to get away from her before I strangled her to death. She also had to study on Christmas altho she got to join the celebration in the evening.
Like you, I was close to strangling myself...hyperventilating. Didn't sleep well at night. At the same time, I also had to hold back in case of the scenario that he burns out...that would be as good as not sitting for PSLE...so had to learn to fly kite...pull a little, let go a little.
The kids are just 11+/12 years old...yet, they had to face this first so-called major exam after 6 years of education. :slapshead: it's more like parents re-taking PSLE right?[/quote]Yes its like i am the one retaking the psle and hes the relax parent :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:
Just this morning i nearly want to strangle him his biggest weakness is time management and bad handwriting imagine he was sitting at the study table for 1 hr not even 1 composition done best is he only written 1 line and was asking if he can open chocolates to eat anot.
I am using time on him lei but like no effect at all haiz. -
HI mummy OnABudget,
My son’s handwriting used to be so atrocious. I told him NO EXAMINER is going to figure out what he wrote and it will just be a BIG CROSS marked.
I crushed the work he did…bcos I want him to know that his work will be treated like that. -
janet_lee88:
SAME and he told me mummy u know how many trees u are killing i answered him but indirectly you are the one killing them not me. :evil: :evil:HI mummy OnABudget,
My son's handwriting used to be so atrocious. I told him NO EXAMINER is going to figure out what he wrote and it will just be a BIG CROSS marked.
I crushed the work he did...bcos I want him to know that his work will be treated like that. -
mummy OnABudget:
He told me the same thing...I told him don't change the topic...'you are killing me too' !!!
SAME and he told me mummy u know how many trees u are killing i answered him but indirectly you are the one killing them not me. :evil: :evil:janet_lee88:
HI mummy OnABudget,
My son's handwriting used to be so atrocious. I told him NO EXAMINER is going to figure out what he wrote and it will just be a BIG CROSS marked.
I crushed the work he did...bcos I want him to know that his work will be treated like that.
I told him I crushed so many pieces of paper for his time-table.
Even if he can write a good compo but with that atrocious handwriting, it's as good as ZERO. The examiners have so many scripts to mark...they are not marking potential doctors' work but students. So, write neatly.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login