Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Integrated Programme (IP)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    435 Posts 118 Posters 247.8k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • sharonkhooS Offline
      sharonkhoo
      last edited by

      doodbug\" post_id=\"1995765\" time=\"1600651431\" user_id=\"13281:

      Just curious. For parents with kids in IP, is it just my wrong impression - I seem to think tuition was far more prevalent in the primary school years, than in Sec Sch (IP). Maybe I am just blissfully unaware, haha 🙂
      I think it is more prevalent in Pr school, with many taking more than 1 subject, but even in Sec school (IP or not), quite a few students take some tuition. Not everyone is strong across the board, so they may need help in a specific subject. Of course, some take tuition in more than 1 subject too. For some, it's just a crutch they (or their parents) have got used to. I know some parents who send kids to tuition so that they have more structure to their day and don't \"waste time\" - not a good way to teach time management, in my opinion, but it may be the only way if there is no-one to guide or supervise at home. Many kids can still be immature and irresponsible in the lower sec years, and even later.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • EstéemaE Offline
        Estéema
        last edited by

        bbhippo\" post_id=\"1995762\" time=\"1600648437\" user_id=\"42642:

        Can I check if any parents have feedback or recommendations of any tutors/tuition centre for students in IP? As understand, IP in each school may be different in terms of how they cover the syllabus, do parents, therefore, go for 1-1 tuition instead? I am not able to find any parent's sharing on tutors/tuition centres specific for IP. Perhaps I might have missed them. I would very much appreciate if someone can share the link if there is already one. Thanks.
        Try FINDINGS at Balmoral or there is ano branch at Holland V

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • doodbugD Offline
          doodbug
          last edited by

          My daughter (Sec 2) is at Findings Holland V for Maths. The class is mixed, as in IP and O level track students are in the same class.

          Some tuition centers split them.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • bbhippoB Offline
            bbhippo
            last edited by

            slmkhoo\" post_id=\"1995763\" time=\"1600648701\" user_id=\"28674:

            bbhippo\" post_id=\"1995762\" time=\"1600648437\" user_id=\"42642:

            Can I check if any parents have feedback or recommendations of any tutors/tuition centre for students in IP? As understand, IP in each school may be different in terms of how they cover the syllabus, do parents, therefore, go for 1-1 tuition instead? I am not able to find any parent's sharing on tutors/tuition centres specific for IP. Perhaps I might have missed them. I would very much appreciate if someone can share the link if there is already one. Thanks.

            Try asking in the thread for the specific school? There are probably many students having tuition, and some centres will have classes tailored to specific schools.

            :thankyou:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              Swc
              last edited by

              bbhippo\" post_id=\"1995762\" time=\"1600648437\" user_id=\"42642:

              Can I check if any parents have feedback or recommendations of any tutors/tuition centre for students in IP? As understand, IP in each school may be different in terms of how they cover the syllabus, do parents, therefore, go for 1-1 tuition instead? I am not able to find any parent's sharing on tutors/tuition centres specific for IP. Perhaps I might have missed them. I would very much appreciate if someone can share the link if there is already one. Thanks.
              I think less in lower secondary. Maybe becks overall, lower sec still manageable. Also, from my understanding, secondary schools encourage students to book consultation hours (outside school hours) with individual teachers if they have any questions. Sometimes these sessions are 1-1 but other times, the teacher might group a few students with similar problems into one small group. My DD finds such consultation hours very useful.

              But if you are looking for tuition help in Maths, I highly recommend Future Academy.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • bbhippoB Offline
                bbhippo
                last edited by

                Swc\" post_id=\"1995775\" time=\"1600657654\" user_id=\"178585:

                bbhippo\" post_id=\"1995762\" time=\"1600648437\" user_id=\"42642:

                Can I check if any parents have feedback or recommendations of any tutors/tuition centres for students in IP? As understand, IP in each school may be different in terms of how they cover the syllabus, do parents, therefore, go for 1-1 tuition instead? I am not able to find any parent's sharing on tutors/tuition centres specific for IP. Perhaps I might have missed them. I would very much appreciate if someone can share the link if there is already one. Thanks.

                I think less in lower secondary. Maybe becks overall, lower sec still manageable. Also, from my understanding, secondary schools encourage students to book consultation hours (outside school hours) with individual teachers if they have any questions. Sometimes these sessions are 1-1 but other times, the teacher might group a few students with similar problems into one small group. My DD finds such consultation hours very useful.

                But if you are looking for tuition help in Maths, I highly recommend Future Academy.

                Thanks, Swc. Good to know that teachers are making time for after school group consultations. I am actually curious to find out what are the options for IP students considering the syllabus differences across schools. I noticed there have not been many sharings on tuition for IP perhaps tuition is not as common in this case. That is probably a good sign. Thanks for your recommendation, will check out Future Academy. 😄

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • doodbugD Offline
                  doodbug
                  last edited by

                  Certain Learning Lab classes are also tailored specifically to specific IP school syllabus/pace/scheme of work for Maths

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • N Offline
                    newbieks
                    last edited by

                    Hi not sure if correct thread to ask this… I

                    Is there an avenue to apply for polytechnic admission after year 4 in IP? Thanks

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • sharonkhooS Offline
                      sharonkhoo
                      last edited by

                      newbieks\" post_id=\"1998395\" time=\"1602379697\" user_id=\"178749:

                      Hi not sure if correct thread to ask this... I
                      Is there an avenue to apply for polytechnic admission after year 4 in IP? Thanks
                      Read the various poly websites for info and deadlines. I believe all of them have some way for students to apply with Y4 IP results. But it won't be a mass coordinated exercise like the post-O level one. You probably have to apply individually to each poly.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • doodbugD Offline
                        doodbug
                        last edited by

                        As slmkhoo says, it is probably on a case by case basis. This is probably because the majority of IP students will complete their IP programme and the programme is not designed with the intention for students to have to exit.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 33
                        • 34
                        • 35
                        • 36
                        • 37
                        • 43
                        • 44
                        • 35 / 44
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy