Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Chen Li Kindergarten

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Kindergartens
    16 Posts 9 Posters 13.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • H Offline
      HappyAvon
      last edited by

      Ljas1370:
      Dear HappyAvon,


      When my son was 2 1/2 years old, I put him at School House by the Bay for 1 year. Subsequently, I withdrew because I find the fees is too expensive and he doesn't learn much. In Nursery, he was with PAP which was the worse decision I made. I decided to put him in St Hilda's Kindergarten after I happened to meet Ms Buckland - the principal. She was giving 1-hour enrichment class to K1/K2 student at St Hilda link at Blk 10 Jalan Batu. She doesn't get any salary. It's by request from St Hilda Link. The fee is quite cheap $10 for 10 lesson. That's when I started to know about St Hilda's Kindergarten. Ever since my second son join the school, I have no regrets. In fact I find the kindergarten very well prepared the student for P1. The curriculm is very good. Since you are staying at Kallang Airport, you might want to come to my house, I can show you my son's worksheets what he does in his school. A few examples I can give is for English lesson, they test the student on rewrite of sentences, as for maths, they teach like e.g. 3 + __ = 7. 7 - ___ = 5 etc. They have weekly english and chinese spelling too. You can contact me at [email protected]. They even have computer lesson but that's a extra fee of $110 per quarter. I staying at Kampong Arang (quite near to Kallang Airport).

      From my experience, I realised that early foundation is very important. My elder son was with PAP since N1 to K2. I chose PAP because fee was cheap and the school is nearby my house but he learned totally nothing. That's why he really had hard time when he was in P1. From my elder son, I learnt a lesson, rather than to give him a fish, give him a fishing rod so that he can learn how to catch a fish. No point leaving behind a will (fish) for your children, give them a good education (fishing rod) so that they can earn a living themselves. My second son currently also attend english phonics at ICR, math enrichment at D'Seeds learning centre at Katong Shopping Centre and I intend to put him in Molin for Chinese enrichment.
      Hi Ljas1370, I do agree that early foundation is very important and that's the reason why I am searching for a good kindy for K1/K2.
      My daughter is currently in N1 and she is now with Shaws Preschool- was there since Pre-nursery. I am withdrawing her in end November as I feel that the school has too much play and adventure.....I do agree she learns alot in Shaws but does not have much confidence that she will be well prepared for Pri 1.
      My girl is currently having the following programme :
      -Weekend phonics lesson at Zoophonics
      -Weekly class at Yamaha - music wonderland
      -Weekend class at Little Neuro Tree.
      In fact, I wanted to try her out with St Hilda for N2 next year but was told there was no vacancy. As such, I have enrolled my girl with Zoophonic daily class for N2 next year. Their daily programme covers Eng, Maths, Rigby Maths, Science, Drama, Music & movement, art & craft , social studies. Its 3 hours daily and they incorporate 30 minutes of chinese daily. I will consider to register with St Hilda for her K1 class in Jan 09. I wld really love to pay a visit to St Hilda- do we need to make appointment before we go to the school? Many thanks for your advise! :lol:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • L Offline
        Ljas1370
        last edited by

        Hi HappyAvon,


        Yes, you’ve to make an appt to visit the school. Talk to the teachers and also the principal Ms Buckland. You may also ask them to show you some of their student’s work. FYI, the morning class is very popular. My son is in the afternoon class but put on waitlist for the morning class. GOOD LUCK!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • P Offline
          papamama
          last edited by

          Happy Avon,


          I PM you to ask abt Shaws.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • D Offline
            Dee
            last edited by

            Hello J2mum,

            I’ve PMed you about Chen Li Kindergarten.

            Would also like to hear more positive or negative feedback that mummies/daddies might have about the pre-nursury at Chen Li.

            thanks!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              beaniecow
              last edited by

              now i also considering chen li or St Hilda kindergarden

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                Charmaine_chong
                last edited by

                beaniecow,


                Where do you stay?

                I stay near Macpherson Cirle Line.

                I’ve been looking for good and affortable kindergarten or child care for prenursery & k1 next year.

                I also wondering which one is good or any other option. How i wish there is a premium PCF nearby within walking distance.

                Appreciate mommy;s feedback on any good kindergarten near Geylang/Aljunied/Paya Lebar/Eunos MRT.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • B Offline
                  beaniecow
                  last edited by

                  Charmaine_chong:
                  beaniecow,


                  Where do you stay?

                  I stay near Macpherson Cirle Line.

                  I've been looking for good and affortable kindergarten or child care for prenursery & k1 next year.

                  I also wondering which one is good or any other option. How i wish there is a premium PCF nearby within walking distance.

                  Appreciate mommy;s feedback on any good kindergarten near Geylang/Aljunied/Paya Lebar/Eunos MRT.
                  my parents staying Jalan batu area. the school around is too ex.
                  yest went over to chen li kindergarden. to me i find the place still ok la.. they are not airconditional place so at least germs wont spread so fast lo
                  i yet to registered only went down yest to take a look

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    Mergeasone
                    last edited by

                    Hi, can i find out of any new feedbacks for Chen Li Kindergarten??? Thanks. 😄

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • phtthpP Offline
                      phtthp
                      last edited by

                      http://www.chenli.edu.sg/registration.html

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P Offline
                        pinkydots
                        last edited by

                        Any recent reviews on Chen Li Kindergarten? Am thinking of enrolling for their pre-nursery class.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 2 / 2
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy