All About Child Immunisation
-
Just brought chubs for his MMR jab (1st jab) today. Was informed if there is fever, it will only come after 5-7 days. Was also told that some children may respond to jab with rashes all over body, so I just bought one bottle of calamine lotion to save me a trip (just in case). Hopefully nothing la.
Chubs didn't cry. Only a short shock shout and that was it. So proud. :please: It's not often can see babies coming out from immunization room not crying at all.
Follow up MMR jab to be administered next three months followed by DPT.
If I remember correctly, for my first two DDs only one MMR shot done before one year old so they both did when they were between 20mths to 22mths old.
Just to share that parents should expose babies to egg; prior to MMR jabs. Something about some egg content in it. Babies with G6PD or other allergies should try out egg whites n egg yolks separately to monitor which of the two can cause a reaction/allergy. Could sometimes be just the whites or just the yolks and for some babies, they can react to both whites and yolks. -
Btw, as for multiple jabs in one options I try to refrain from taking up those for my children. I wouldn’t know which jab they might respond to in case of onset of fever, rashes, (etc). I’d rather do one at a time so I can monitor which jab causes what reactions. Especially for DD1 since she was asthmatic and had many different allergies from food to the environment in general. Multiple jabs are scary.
-
buds:
Btw, as for multiple jabs in one options I try to refrain from taking up those for my children. I wouldn't know which jab they might respond to in case of onset of fever, rashes, (etc). I'd rather do one at a time so I can monitor which jab causes what reactions. Especially for DD1 since she was asthmatic and had many different allergies from food to the environment in general. Multiple jabs are scary.
Agree.
I try to take separate jabs. They can't remember the pain anyway. *bad mummy*
Also, introducing so many vaccines at the same time may cause body to go into overdrive. End up with high fever & fits isn't what I want. -
buds:
Chubs didn't cry. Only a short shock shout and that was it. So proud. :please: It's not often can see babies coming out from immunization room not crying at all.
It will only get better for chubs. My boy also becomes braver every time he goes through vaccinations. He used to cry, then progress to tearing and now, taking it all in like a big guy with a brave face. Yesterday when we brought him for 13 valent pneumococcal vaccination, the doctor was so quick and my boy was so brave that we only know it after the doctor commented that it is over and my boy is very brave. -
Ya. It always get better with each round. Skin become thicker… But must look out for fever which almost always happen
-
Skin become thicker? :rotflmao:
I like your analogy.
Original.
:celebrate: -
mrswongtuition:
Yup.buds:
Btw, as for multiple jabs in one options I try to refrain from taking up those for my children. I wouldn't know which jab they might respond to in case of onset of fever, rashes, (etc). I'd rather do one at a time so I can monitor which jab causes what reactions. Especially for DD1 since she was asthmatic and had many different allergies from food to the environment in general. Multiple jabs are scary.
Agree.
I try to take separate jabs. They can't remember the pain anyway. *bad mummy*
Also, introducing so many vaccines at the same time may cause body to go into overdrive. End up with high fever & fits isn't what I want.
All bodies are wired differently and we do not know whether the body can take it. So, my personal take is not to take the risk.. \"just cos it seems easier to go with all in 1\".. i mean this is our precious child's health and well being we're talking about.. Not a MILO drink.
Besides if one is a FTWM it may require them to take more leave to care for bb with prolonged fever. Most of the vaccinations may not even cause fever.
The first MMR jab that chubs took resulted in half a day feverish condition for him. I only gave him one dosage of Dhamol and that's that. He was fine by lunch time. The fever after that MMR jab came after 5 days as informed by the nurse. -
Baby_May_09:
buds:
Chubs didn't cry. Only a short shock shout and that was it. So proud. :please: It's not often can see babies coming out from immunization room not crying at all.
It will only get better for chubs. My boy also becomes braver every time he goes through vaccinations. He used to cry, then progress to tearing and now, taking it all in like a big guy with a brave face. Yesterday when we brought him for 13 valent pneumococcal vaccination, the doctor was so quick and my boy was so brave that we only know it after the doctor commented that it is over and my boy is very brave.
Thanks for that assurance Baby_May_09.. :hugs:
Let's hope he'd be brave just like your boi! :please: -
Can I delay immunisation until before my child enter primary sch?
-
Hi,
Whats the latest cost for the "6 in 1" vaccination package in Polyclinics?
Anyone keen to share?
Thanks.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login