Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Order from Dangdang

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Chinese
    1.1k Posts 105 Posters 381.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      smurf
      last edited by

      Think I saw that coz the page prompted me to key in the OTP transaction (for security purpose), I using UOB visa. But after all the keying in of credit card number, the final page said the order didn't go thru. :?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        smurf
        last edited by

        The shipping is very high hor…my is order is around rmb250, but the shipping is $200.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          SAHM_TAN
          last edited by

          smurf:
          The shipping is very high hor...my is order is around rmb250, but the shipping is $200.

          The shipping for each book is 50% of it's retail price (not DD price). If you add it, it's like paying for the price of the book at retail price plus a few rmb.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            SAHM_TAN
            last edited by

            Maybe when the rmb is stronger, then it might not be worth it anymore because then the price might be comparable to when purchase during Book Sale period.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              smurf
              last edited by

              I received an email saying that they have received the fund? So I guess my order went thru?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                SAHM_TAN
                last edited by

                smurf:
                I received an email saying that they have received the fund? So I guess my order went thru?

                Yup, now just have to wait for the email stating that they have despatched the books.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • K Offline
                  keltong
                  last edited by

                  SAHM_TAN:
                  smurf:

                  I received an email saying that they have received the fund? So I guess my order went thru?


                  Yup, now just have to wait for the email stating that they have despatched the books.

                  If first order, maybe will receive a email to verify card details first before the dispatch email.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • T Offline
                    tamarind
                    last edited by

                    keltong:
                    tamarind:


                    Other alternatives would be to order through sprees in the singaporemotherhood.com, or http://www.65daigou.com. I have never ordered from them before, not sure whether they are reliable or not.

                    While waiting for my books from dangdang which is taking forever (no, it's not 8 weeks yet, so I am still waiting patiently), I saw this post from tamarind and decided to give 65daigou a try.

                    2 things I want to test out.
                    1. The delivery time
                    2. The delivery cost

                    In the end, I want to see if it is worth it. If I end us paying slightly more but a much faster delivery, I may just go with them in the future.

                    Ordered this morning at 1.30am, have acknowledge receipt of my 1st fund transfer but yet to place order with dangdang. Let's see how long they take.

                    πŸ™‚


                    Do let me know how it goes. I want to use http://www.65daigou.com to buy things from taobao.com πŸ˜‰

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • T Offline
                      tamarind
                      last edited by

                      SAHM_TAN:
                      tamarind:

                      SAHM_TAN, nz,

                      I am happy to hear that you have received your books πŸ˜„

                      I will be very disappointed with dangdang if I cannot buy books from them.

                      Pls share your delivery time when you rec your books. I just want to check if my delivery time is now the norm or was it because of the bad weather that cause the delay. Thanks

                      OK I am waiting for an order shipped out on 16 Jan 2011, will post here when I received it.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • K Offline
                        keltong
                        last edited by

                        tamarind:
                        keltong:

                        [quote=\"tamarind\"]
                        Other alternatives would be to order through sprees in the singaporemotherhood.com, or http://www.65daigou.com. I have never ordered from them before, not sure whether they are reliable or not.

                        While waiting for my books from dangdang which is taking forever (no, it's not 8 weeks yet, so I am still waiting patiently), I saw this post from tamarind and decided to give 65daigou a try.

                        2 things I want to test out.
                        1. The delivery time
                        2. The delivery cost

                        In the end, I want to see if it is worth it. If I end us paying slightly more but a much faster delivery, I may just go with them in the future.

                        Ordered this morning at 1.30am, have acknowledge receipt of my 1st fund transfer but yet to place order with dangdang. Let's see how long they take.

                        πŸ™‚


                        Do let me know how it goes. I want to use http://www.65daigou.com to buy things from taobao.com πŸ˜‰[/quote]Sure, will update the status to share with all.

                        More than 44hrs after initial placement of order, they still have not place order with dangdang. Wonder how long will that take. BTW this order from dangdang are those books not available to ship to Singapore but ship to ShangHai (where 65daiguo.com is located), so can use this method to buy some of the books previously out of our reach. That is if this order goes through smoothly. Haha...

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 27
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 30
                        • 31
                        • 114
                        • 115
                        • 29 / 115
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        suckhoesacdepnetS
                        suckhoesacdepnet

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy