Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Order from Dangdang

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Chinese
    1.1k Posts 105 Posters 381.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • dimsumD Offline
      dimsum
      last edited by

      tamarind:
      SAHM_TAN:



      No problem. For English books, I buy from book depository. The prices are in US$ and they provide free shipping to Singapore. I did some comparsion and can find cheaper books there.

      I have bought many books from book depository too 😄 I don't bother to go to local bookshops nowadays.

      For heavy hardcover books like children's encyclopedia and references, I buy from amazon since they have fixed shipping per book. Total price including shipping can be about 50% cheaper than Kinokuniya.

      do you have to wait a long time for your books to arrive? I ordered some books from book depository on 31 Mar and till now, they haven't arrived yet!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Y Offline
        yilinhere
        last edited by

        tamarind:

        The first 30 pages of instructions are important for parents to use the books effectively. If you just point and read, most kids will lose interest very quickly and it will be very difficult to continue. Also, even if you can make them finish reading the 7 books, they would have forgotten most of the words in the earlier books if you don't understand the methods explained in the first 30 pages of instructions. So these books will not be helpful.

        Also, I am not sure whether that website is legal or not. It may not have the author's permission to share those files.
        Sorry I removed my part. You may also edit your post to remove that. Thanks.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T Offline
          tamarind
          last edited by

          dimsum:
          tamarind:

          [quote=\"SAHM_TAN\"]

          No problem. For English books, I buy from book depository. The prices are in US$ and they provide free shipping to Singapore. I did some comparsion and can find cheaper books there.

          I have bought many books from book depository too 😄 I don't bother to go to local bookshops nowadays.

          For heavy hardcover books like children's encyclopedia and references, I buy from amazon since they have fixed shipping per book. Total price including shipping can be about 50% cheaper than Kinokuniya.

          do you have to wait a long time for your books to arrive? I ordered some books from book depository on 31 Mar and till now, they haven't arrived yet![/quote]It could vary between 1 to 4 weeks :roll: If it takes too long, you can email them. They will refund you or send another book.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • T Offline
            tamarind
            last edited by

            deleted

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              SAHM Chew
              last edited by

              Book Depository take around 7 working days for me. Even after i email them that 1 book is missing, the resend another one to me, it take around 7 working days too.

              dimsum:
              tamarind:

              [quote=\"SAHM_TAN\"]
              No problem. For English books, I buy from book depository. The prices are in US$ and they provide free shipping to Singapore. I did some comparsion and can find cheaper books there.

              I have bought many books from book depository too 😄 I don't bother to go to local bookshops nowadays.

              For heavy hardcover books like children's encyclopedia and references, I buy from amazon since they have fixed shipping per book. Total price including shipping can be about 50% cheaper than Kinokuniya.

              do you have to wait a long time for your books to arrive? I ordered some books from book depository on 31 Mar and till now, they haven't arrived yet![/quote]

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • dimsumD Offline
                dimsum
                last edited by

                thank u all for sharing! I am going to email bookdepository now.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  SAHM Chew
                  last edited by

                  Urgent,


                  I have not receive my parcel, but why is my DD indicated as (已送达)?

                  收货并确认

                  2011-04-22 02:30:05

                  I did not even click on 收货并确认. In this case, will DD still check for me or i have to accepted the loss?


                  订单号:6371052291 (已送达)


                  提交订单

                  2011-02-20 09:37:58

                  网上支付

                  款项到达

                  2011-02-20 09:39:04

                  订单审核通过

                  2011-02-21 12:31:21

                  北京发货

                  2011-02-21 18:37:04

                  收货并确认

                  2011-04-22 02:30:05

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    SAHM Chew
                    last edited by

                    And i just check singpost, it is not with singpost yet.

                    SAHM_Tan, when your order come after 8 weeks, does the status change to (已送达)?

                    does (已发货) change to (已送达) automatically or have to click on 收货并确认 then it will change to (已送达) ?

                    Cos i am very sure that i did not click on 收货并确认 on 2011-04-22 02:30:05.

                    SAHM Chew:
                    Urgent,

                    I have not receive my parcel, but why is my DD indicated as (已送达)?

                    收货并确认

                    2011-04-22 02:30:05

                    I did not even click on 收货并确认. In this case, will DD still check for me or i have to accepted the loss?


                    订单号:6371052291 (已送达)


                    提交订单

                    2011-02-20 09:37:58

                    网上支付

                    款项到达

                    2011-02-20 09:39:04

                    订单审核通过

                    2011-02-21 12:31:21

                    北京发货

                    2011-02-21 18:37:04

                    收货并确认

                    2011-04-22 02:30:05

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • H Offline
                      hquek
                      last edited by

                      Based on my past experience with Dangdang, after a set amount of time, the status will automatically be updated. My goods were supposed to be returned but the status went to ‘delivered’. I nearly threw a panic but the customer service assured me this is a system update only.


                      You may want to send an email to them to inform them of the situation (so you have something on file). English is fine, they seem very able to translate my messages to them.

                      Hope you get your books soon!

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        SAHM Chew
                        last edited by

                        hi hquek,


                        I have send them the email regarding this. still waiting for their reply. i am just surprise that is was updated automatically. and not updated by me when i receive the items.

                        Thanks, I hope to get my books soon, after after reading the whole thread fm page 1.. i realised 11-12 weeks seems to be the norm time too.

                        hquek:
                        Based on my past experience with Dangdang, after a set amount of time, the status will automatically be updated. My goods were supposed to be returned but the status went to 'delivered'. I nearly threw a panic but the customer service assured me this is a system update only.

                        You may want to send an email to them to inform them of the situation (so you have something on file). English is fine, they seem very able to translate my messages to them.

                        Hope you get your books soon!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 65
                        • 66
                        • 67
                        • 68
                        • 69
                        • 114
                        • 115
                        • 67 / 115
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        sharonkhooS
                        sharonkhoo

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy