Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Comparing English Enrichment Programmes

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved English
    1.7k Posts 699 Posters 668.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 2 Offline
      24hr-mum
      last edited by

      Learning journey not gd…long story

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • F Offline
        FantasyLandDreams
        last edited by

        24hr-mum:
        Learning journey not gd...long story

        The one at serangoon? Can share more, as I was thinking of enrolling in compo class actually......

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • 2 Offline
          24hr-mum
          last edited by

          The 1 at serangoon nth. Whn i tried durg hol all they ask the kids to do was form sentences. My frd tried too n they sometimes combine 2 diff lvl in same class

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • E Offline
            Evelyn K
            last edited by

            Hi, my daughter has been going for tuition for E/M/C since p1. I am now more than happy to see her improvement because she has never pass her exams. Eversince i put her in kip Mcgrath toa payoh lor 7… She returned with a 71 for her english. Her math from never ever pass to 78! my husband and myself was so happy. We have to share because we were there for less than 6 months only.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • A Offline
              AmberT
              last edited by

              Evelyn K:
              Hi, my daughter has been going for tuition for E/M/C since p1. I am now more than happy to see her improvement because she has never pass her exams. Eversince i put her in kip Mcgrath toa payoh lor 7.. She returned with a 71 for her english. Her math from never ever pass to 78! my husband and myself was so happy. We have to share because we were there for less than 6 months only.




              :rahrah: Wow. that's great news Evelyn K. I believe they really put in their effort with their students. After a few lessons with her new tutor in the same centre u go to, her tutor notice my ger is always rushing through her qns. Not even trying to understand the qns, she makes a attempt to do her working.
              We did some investigating and I believe it's partly due to the 'care' she received in her student care. My ger complained that the \"teacher\" in her student care is always shouting at them to finish up their homework as soon as possible. I brushed it aside thinking that my daughter might be really slow. BUT.... it is a mistake! However slow she is, they should not have pressurised her to finish asap. (not when you don't even know how to do). Now with the tutor's help we are correcting the way she does her work. My ger's math is really poor, lucky i found the right centre to help her too!!! 🙂

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                starmoon
                last edited by

                Hi, anyone knows which center karinchung sent her kids to? Can share?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • 2 Offline
                  24hr-mum
                  last edited by

                  Any feedback on just education hougang eng class n math class

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    chu
                    last edited by

                    Sysy:
                    sharonk:

                    [quote=\"karinchung\"]Dear parents. I am writing in response to the PM which I have received recently. Many of you have Pmed me regarding a post I have posted many many months ago and many of you have been asking me if my dd is still studying there.


                    My dds have been with the centre since two years ago. One of them who is in P6 last year did pretty well to enable her to get into IP programme in CHIJ. Thus, without any hesitation I continued with the centre for Ms Estelle helped me to push my dd up from a mere 50 plus 60 to scoring A* in PSLE.

                    My personal view on the centre which I have recommended would be that it is a centre suitable for parents who are looking for really delicate teachers instead of a famous centre. So far, parents there have been discussing while waiting for our dd and what I have heard are all good feedbacks. This is why, I have no hesitation recommending the centre to you as. As a parents, I truly know how \"messed up\" the current education system is and with the new stellar unit it is literally impossible for us to guide our children as they only get back their file a week before exams and I know it is frustrating as I have been through it.

                    I have also received Pmed telling me that the location of the centre is not accessible and that the slots are full. I hope to gain your understanding that I sent my dd there for the sake of her education. I do not drive and I have been walking from the AMK Hub to the centre for years now but I guess to individual parents it is different. As for the slot being full, I have been told since I started that they talk in maximum of only 8 students. Thus, i apologized to those whom trusted me but was disappointed by the slots issues.

                    I believe there are good teachers in every centre. Thus, as parents we should look at not the centre but the teachers.

                    [/quote]Hi, would appreciate if you could PM me the centre. thanks

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • E Offline
                      Evelyn K
                      last edited by

                      hi! to those of u who are interested, this is where i sent my daughter to. My daughter's tutors goes to 2 centres. Bedok south and lor 7 toa payoh.


                      http://kipmcgrathtoapayoh.com/testimonial/
                      http://kipmcgrathbedok.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        clairebear
                        last edited by

                        Evelyn K:
                        hi! to those of u who are interested, this is where i sent my daughter to. My daughter's tutors goes to 2 centres. Bedok south and lor 7 toa payoh.


                        http://kipmcgrathtoapayoh.com/testimonial/
                        http://kipmcgrathbedok.com/

                        Hey! evelyn K, I am in the bedok south branch! My boy got a 78% for his Eng. 100 for Math! 🕺
                        See u around.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 137
                        • 138
                        • 139
                        • 140
                        • 141
                        • 168
                        • 169
                        • 139 / 169
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy