All About HFMD
-
ChiefKiasu:
527 cases of HFMD in 1 day!!! Goodness... what's happening?? I think all childcare services should just shutdown for 2 weeks voluntarily to break the cycle.
If they do that, then the Singapore work force will be down by a large percentage, imagine all the mommy and daddy that need to take leave and stay at home to take care of the kid. -
Phantom, where do you get your Ling zhi and what brand you buy. Feel like getting for my boy. He had been having a cough for almost 2 weeks already andy in the past always rely on antibiotics to revocer.
Now for HFMD they say the potentially deadly EV71 strain re-emerge and involve 19 percent of this year’s cases. -
mincy:
The one I tried I bough them from HockHua Chinese Medicine hall. I believe they have lots of shop. For 90 capsules, I bough it at S$120.Phantom, where do you get your Ling zhi and what brand you buy. Feel like getting for my boy. He had been having a cough for almost 2 weeks already andy in the past always rely on antibiotics to revocer.
Now for HFMD they say the potentially deadly EV71 strain re-emerge and involve 19 percent of this year's cases.
I only give my kid 1 to 1/2 capsule every 2 to 3 days
http://www.postimage.org/aVc5YGA.jpg -
Sorry, haven’t been quite following…but anyone died from HFMD so far?
-
super dad, in 2000 7 kids die. this year no one. …
back to the ling zhi…I did not find that brand but when I asked whether I can give ling zhi spores to my 2.5 year old, the advise of the people at the chinese medical shop is that he is too young to take ling zhi spores… -
my boy’s kindergarten centre has 5 reported case. just when I called today to inform them that I am keeping my boy away from school for the week, the principal informed that they are voluntarily closing for 2 weeks.
seems like the situation is not getting any better as the ‘peak’ is yet to come (as reported by the papers). -
mincy:
The medicine hall did say don't give too much to the kid, mine is 4 years old, so that's fine.super dad, in 2000 7 kids die. this year no one. ...
back to the ling zhi...I did not find that brand but when I asked whether I can give ling zhi spores to my 2.5 year old, the advise of the people at the chinese medical shop is that he is too young to take ling zhi spores...
There is also the Manuka honey with UMF, but not suitable for baby too. Think the only 1 that may be suitable for your 2.5 is the Rosehip syrup which is a natural vitamin supplement. -
[Moderator's note: Topics merged.]
Hi,
Any link to check which are the CCC and Pre-Sch that were forced to close. Thanks -
-
There may not be much news in the papers… but my daughter’s Kinderland in Katong has been hit with HFMD over the past 2 weeks with over 6 cases. The school finally did a voluntary closure. We were expected some sort of refund, but the school refuses, claiming that their teachers "still come to school".
Just want to check with parents if it is a "standard practice" amongst childcare centres not to compensate parents for forced closures. I wouldn’t have minded if not for the monthly high fees that we have to pay, along with the transport fees.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login