Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    DSA 2012

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    5.5k Posts 388 Posters 3.2m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • kiasumemeK Offline
      kiasumeme
      last edited by

      Foreverfriends:
      Thank you very much kaisumeme and krz.


      Kaisumeme I could not find Temasek JC in the list you provided

      Krz What is your opinion of IP programme?
      Foreverfriends, TJC is not in the list because its IP programme is new. http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2011/11/implementation-of-integrated-programme-on-track.php

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • K Offline
        krz
        last edited by

        Foreverfriends:
        Thank you very much kaisumeme and krz.


        Kaisumeme I could not find Temasek JC in the list you provided

        Krz What is your opinion of IP programme?

        my dd wil b joinin tjc, 6yr ip prog in 2013
        do ref to e earlier discussions in here, they r realy informative

        basicaly, mi n dd r lookin forward to a more excitin, interestin learning environment/culture, not e 'i talk, u listen' type

        ur ds is in p2 nw, it might b abit early to tel whether ip is for him yet
        lest u can do, keep his scores consistent fr p4 - p6, say ard min 85% & above
        u & ds wil ve a good chance to consider/to b considered, for ip when e time comes

        KEEP AN OPEN MIND

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • F Offline
          Foreverfriends
          last edited by

          Sorry Kiasumeme, I am lost.


          Do you mean TJC is new to DSA? Just started DSA cum IP? Therefore not in the list?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • F Offline
            Foreverfriends
            last edited by

            krz :congrats:


            So early, you already know your dd will be joining TJC in 2013. That's great!

            I didn't go through the posts in this thread cause so many posts from the start πŸ˜› Will heed your advice and go through them slowly

            Before I join this thread, I have TJC, VS, Nan Chiau High and Duman High in mind πŸ˜‚ But I know nothing abt DSA. My neighbour advise me that I have to start looking and see what is the ECA requirement of the sec school so that I can enroll for son for the required ECA when he is in P3 next yr. That's how I come to this thread

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              krz
              last edited by

              Foreverfriends:
              krz :congrats:


              So early, you already know your dd will be joining TJC in 2013. That's great!

              I didn't go through the posts in this thread cause so many posts from the start πŸ˜› Will heed your advice and go through them slowly

              Before I join this thread, I have TJC, VS, Nan Chiau High and Duman High in mind πŸ˜‚ But I know nothing abt DSA. My neighbour advise me that I have to start looking and see what is the ECA requirement of the sec school so that I can enroll for son for the required ECA when he is in P3 next yr. That's how I come to this thread

              dsa - direct sch admission
              usually e application starts in may of each yr
              (chk e sch website for more info as e date approaches)

              usualy ter r 2 categories: apply via CCA or academic
              u might like to chk out ur desired schs, wat CCAs they r emphasizing on
              if via academic, usualy p4 - p6 (sa1) results r required to b submitted

              thereafter, multiple tests n finaly e interview wil b given to e shortlisted candidates

              n applicants wil b notified of the results; CONFIRMED OFFER, WAITLIST OR REJECTED, latest by early sep

              tatz y, my dd n many fellow ksps, r oledi confirmed in our desired sch

              wel, itz a pretty long n tiring process, but itz worth e efforts

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • W Offline
                Worriedpapa
                last edited by

                krz:
                Foreverfriends:

                krz :congrats:


                So early, you already know your dd will be joining TJC in 2013. That's great!

                I didn't go through the posts in this thread cause so many posts from the start πŸ˜› Will heed your advice and go through them slowly

                Before I join this thread, I have TJC, VS, Nan Chiau High and Duman High in mind πŸ˜‚ But I know nothing abt DSA. My neighbour advise me that I have to start looking and see what is the ECA requirement of the sec school so that I can enroll for son for the required ECA when he is in P3 next yr. That's how I come to this thread


                If you intend to DSA using sports, you need to start planning now. Most of the popular schools will only offer Sports dsa to the top 1 or 2 child per sport. That means ur child need to rise to the top of their chosen sport by the time for the DSA. Based on my DD experience, she started training to get to the top of her chosen sport at P3. Took her 3 years of hard graft, focus, coaching and national/international competitions. Fortunately she managed to achieve her objective.... :rahrah:


                dsa - direct sch admission
                usually e application starts in may of each yr
                (chk e sch website for more info as e date approaches)

                usualy ter r 2 categories: apply via CCA or academic
                u might like to chk out ur desired schs, wat CCAs they r emphasizing on
                if via academic, usualy p4 - p6 (sa1) results r required to b submitted

                thereafter, multiple tests n finaly e interview wil b given to e shortlisted candidates

                n applicants wil b notified of the results; CONFIRMED OFFER, WAITLIST OR REJECTED, latest by early sep

                tatz y, my dd n many fellow ksps, r oledi confirmed in our desired sch

                wel, itz a pretty long n tiring process, but itz worth e efforts

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • F Offline
                  Foreverfriends
                  last edited by

                  How to find out what CCA the sec school emphasize on?


                  Have to keep SA1 test papers for all subjects from P1-P4?

                  Does the student need to do preparation for the tests and interview?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • R Offline
                    Rational_Parent
                    last edited by

                    Foreverfriends:
                    How to find out what CCA the sec school emphasize on?


                    Have to keep SA1 test papers for all subjects from P1-P4?

                    Does the student need to do preparation for the tests and interview?
                    You can go to those schools' websites of your interest to find out more about their CCAs.

                    DSA application of most schools require you to present all of P5 and P6 SA1 results. I know that VS (and Cedar Girls I think) would require P4 final results as well.

                    As for tests, GAT is the test that most schools would require applicants to take except RI, HCI, RGS, and NYGS which have their own set of tests. I think NUSH also have their own specific (i.e. Science and Maths) tests. Those applying through CCA may not need to sit for the test but, going forward, you will never know. There is no preparation for these kind of tests for they are more of an IQ and general ability nature.

                    Interviews are only granted when applicants are shortlisted. When applying through CCA, awards particularly those at national level are invaluable. For those applying via academic (or even general in DHS case), awards (at least bronze) such as Maths Olympiad, Hey Maths, and other competition awards at national level are also invaluable. For those not applying via CCA, usually interviews are granted only if the applicant pass the GAT or related tests.

                    I think you can find out more about DSA from schools of your interest on their websites.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      superksmum
                      last edited by

                      Foreverfriends:
                      How to find out what CCA the sec school emphasize on?


                      Have to keep SA1 test papers for all subjects from P1-P4?

                      Does the student need to do preparation for the tests and interview?

                      You can check thru the individual school webpage as they will specified which sport you can apply thru DSA.

                      Only phptocopy of the P4-P6 results are require, however it depend on the school as some only require P5-P6 results.

                      Basically, the students do not require any preparation for the test and interview.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P Offline
                        PROUDY MUM
                        last edited by

                        Dear All


                        Just some advise through my DSA experience.
                        My DD is very lucky , she applied for 3 schools n got accepted by
                        3 schools cos I have been building her profile since 5 yrs old.
                        So she is very prepared for the DSA.
                        But some of her friends , applied for some school , a few got accepted by 1 school( great to hv at least 1 school so very HAPPY ) most of them who applied were rejected by the school.
                        DSA results are out just before PRELIM.
                        Therefore , it could be very damaging if the child at 12 years old were not accepted.
                        I know of a case , this girl from school SYF TEAM , RAD ballet , pretty , was rejected by SOTA . She vowed not to dance anymore n she chopped her long hair off ( very sad) she cried for a few days .
                        This case actually got me into thinking if your child has potential n enough qualification , then Parents can consider applying for DSA for their child .

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 533
                        • 534
                        • 535
                        • 536
                        • 537
                        • 554
                        • 555
                        • 535 / 555
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy