DSA 2012
-
Heard that DSA students, except those via acad, are placed in the last class of the school. Is that true?
-
In all honestly, schools which take in music students like RI & NY knows one thing.
Grades and diploma cents from Singapore are almost nothing.
Singapore is well known in the music scene all around the world for having kids who can play piano, but are not pianists. In other word, they can only play 3 pieces from their exams every year.
During auditions, on the spot is what teachers look for.
It tells a pianist and a person who plays piano for the sake of it apart.
Prizes tell a lot too. Competitions are not determined by how high the grade is.
It is determined by if the kid can truly make music.
Hope this helps
-
Smiggle:
Heard that DSA students, except those via acad, are placed in the last class of the school. Is that true?
Heard about that also.... -
ngl2010:
those non-acad DSA are usually sports DSA, they are group together for time-tabling reason as their sports training schedule and competition schedule are very different from the rest of the cohort, not because they are less clever which is unspoken in the question being asked hereSmiggle:
Heard that DSA students, except those via acad, are placed in the last class of the school. Is that true?
Heard about that also....
it is also easier for the school to do extra lessons for them esp they need to catch up with the rest of the cohort after the competition season is over
some of the sports DSA students also have high t-scores, don't forget that! -
yukilei:
Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do nowDear parents,
PSLE result will be released on 22nd Nov, Thurs, 12pm.
Students will need to report to sec sch on 20 Dec, 8.30am. Am I right to say this apply to students who have accepted DSA offer too?
I wish all children all the best this Thursday!!!!
If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
school or what? Can someone give some info. -
mamona:
I supposed you have received on 22nd Oct and submitted (by Oct 27th) the preference form in which you rank your choice of schools if you have more than one COs and/or WLs. If so then you will be notified just like those participating in the S1 posting. If you contact the school then you probably will get the same thing that I put here. So relax.
Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do now
If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
school or what? Can someone give some info. -
mamona:
Just report to the DSA school at which you were accepted. No need to call the school.
Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do nowyukilei:
Dear parents,
PSLE result will be released on 22nd Nov, Thurs, 12pm.
Students will need to report to sec sch on 20 Dec, 8.30am. Am I right to say this apply to students who have accepted DSA offer too?
I wish all children all the best this Thursday!!!!
If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
school or what? Can someone give some info. -
krz:
I scored 273 a few years ago. I got 3A* + A (for English, was never really good at it). In my primary school, I used to top the school with 3 Band 1s and a band 2 in english... I think if you are strong in math and science, then chinese so-so (with A*), it is very possible to get above 270+, as science and math are usually killers.Fat Mama:
Just to share the results of my DS and friends who took PSLE 2009 - maths killer paper.
My friend's DD 2A* + 2A = 266.
Another friend's DD 2A* + 2A = 265
I saw both their results slip. Both are very strong in maths so their t-score for maths must be very very high.
My DS 3A* + A = 258. His classmate 3A* + A = 268.
DS must have scored low A*s and A whereas his friend's A*s and A are much higher than his.
PSLE scores are cal based on curve so all scores are possible.
So it is possible to get 267 for 3A* + A ?
Can't wait for e release :rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah: -
mamona:
For those who already got accepted into their DSA schools, do they still need to login with their PIN to select the 3rd language?Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do now
If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
school or what? Can someone give some info.
TIA -
musette:
Yes you do. If you don't make a selection they'll assume you're not interested in a third lang.
For those who already got accepted into their DSA schools, do they still need to login with their PIN to select the 3rd language?mamona:
Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do now
If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
school or what? Can someone give some info.
TIA
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login