Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • FunzF Offline
      Funz
      last edited by

      You guys are bad influence. Make me wanna go get a breadmaker now. So far I have been using manual power to make my breads and have kinda stopped for a while. Somehow the breads turn out a bit too yeasty for my liking.


      Anyways, I use the water roux or Tang Zhong trick to get softer fluffier breads.

      Been over a year since I last baked any bread.

      Should I or shouldnโ€™t Iโ€ฆ yes, no, yes, no, useful, white elephant, โ€ฆ

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • T Offline
        twinklejoy
        last edited by

        jtoh:
        This time I cut up my cheese really small.

        cut into tiny tiny pieces!
        I will follow too..and my turn to bake cheese bread tonight. :xedfingers:
        cheddar cheese this time? Good luck! :rahrah:
        show pics when done yah! ๐Ÿ˜„

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • J Offline
          jtoh
          last edited by

          Funz:
          You guys are bad influence. Make me wanna go get a breadmaker now. So far I have been using manual power to make my breads and have kinda stopped for a while. Somehow the breads turn out a bit too yeasty for my liking.


          Anyways, I use the water roux or Tang Zhong trick to get softer fluffier breads.

          Been over a year since I last baked any bread.

          Should I or shouldn't I.... yes, no, yes, no, useful, white elephant, ........
          what's the water roux method?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • T Offline
            twinklejoy
            last edited by

            Funz:
            You guys are bad influence. Make me wanna go get a breadmaker now. So far I have been using manual power to make my breads and have kinda stopped for a while. Somehow the breads turn out a bit too yeasty for my liking.


            Anyways, I use the water roux or Tang Zhong trick to get softer fluffier breads.

            Been over a year since I last baked any bread.

            Should I or shouldn't I.... yes, no, yes, no, useful, white elephant, ........
            YES YES YES go and grab that cute z or not so cute but have big viewing window s ๐Ÿ˜„
            welcome onboard to the breadmaking wonderland! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • J Offline
              jtoh
              last edited by

              twinklejoy:
              jtoh:

              [quote=\"LKVM\"]
              Thats nice cause pratice makes the man perfect :celebrate:

              This time I cut up my cheese really small.

              cut into tiny tiny pieces!
              I will follow too..and my turn to bake cheese bread tonight. :xedfingers:
              cheddar cheese this time? Good luck! :rahrah:
              show pics when done yah! :D[/quote]Yes, cheddar this time. I'm anxiously looking at my dough now. It's not quite a ball after first rising, but it's definitely less crumbly than my previous failed loaf. Hopefully it comes together after the beat down and 2nd rising.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                tisha
                last edited by

                Funz:
                You guys are bad influence. Make me wanna go get a breadmaker now. So far I have been using manual power to make my breads and have kinda stopped for a while. Somehow the breads turn out a bit too yeasty for my liking.


                Anyways, I use the water roux or Tang Zhong trick to get softer fluffier breads.

                Been over a year since I last baked any bread.

                Should I or shouldn't I.... yes, no, yes, no, useful, white elephant, ........
                :hi5:
                Same here, all these posts are so tempting....
                I used to be busy with the PSLE thread... but now I seem to spend more time in the foodie thread. Blame it on schweppes with the 'joys of bread basking' article on the home page.
                Bad influence! I whole heartedly agree.

                Lets wait for a while, who knows after a while when the novelty wears off, we might find some of these bread machines in the trading posts.
                Will be closely watching the trading post, 6 months from now. :evil:
                I sure going to :spank: for this post. hehehe

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • T Offline
                  twinklejoy
                  last edited by

                  MUMMYOF3:
                  Hi Twinklejoy,


                  No i usually remove the bread immediately and let it cool. But my boys have been complaining that the crust is too hard. Which mode do you use ? I usually use the basic \"1\" or \"3\" to bake. Note sure if i'm using the right one.


                  Hi b2b3m4

                  Will try and add less water and see how it goes but how do i know that it's not kneaded enough ? Thought since am using a breadmaker, isn't it supposed to be auto ?

                  Thanks all for yr advice.
                  Hi mummyof3,
                  I hv used mode 1 : 2 times and mode 2 : 1 time. I prefer mode 1, shorter baking time. is mode 3 meant for wholemeal with longer baking time, am I right?
                  have bought the wholemeal flour but yet to try baking wholemeal bread...
                  Jiayu Jiayu Jiayu! ๐Ÿ˜„
                  I will try cheese bread tonight :lol:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • H Offline
                    Happy Mama
                    last edited by

                    Funz:
                    You guys are bad influence. Make me wanna go get a breadmaker now. So far I have been using manual power to make my breads and have kinda stopped for a while. Somehow the breads turn out a bit too yeasty for my liking.


                    Anyways, I use the water roux or Tang Zhong trick to get softer fluffier breads.

                    Been over a year since I last baked any bread.

                    Should I or shouldn't I.... yes, no, yes, no, useful, white elephant, ........
                    Yes you should get the machine, Funz! My family enjoys the breads I baked. Made for my parents and they love it too :love: :love:

                    Don't worry about it being a white elephant... It won't! But like I mentioned to a few of them in this thread, even if it becomes a white elephant, it will be a CUTE one! :rotflmao:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      jtoh
                      last edited by

                      Did someone mention that we shouldnโ€™t open the lid during rising? Iโ€™m so tempted to open up the lid to see why my dough isnโ€™t a ball.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        Happy Mama
                        last edited by

                        25hourmaid:
                        :offtopic: here again. Happy Mama, jtoh has already chalked up 1000th posts. Yours is coming soon, you had better go and start an introductory thread in Newbies, otherwise when the time comes, we won't know where to post our congratulatory message. ๐Ÿ˜‰

                        Oops! Ok ok coming coming... ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

                        By the way, 25hourmaid, :offtopic: I like your avatar, especially the CUTE tail ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 158
                        • 159
                        • 160
                        • 161
                        • 162
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 160 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy