Club Breadmakers
-
Happy Mama:
By the way, sYEO, what did you use to get the black charcoal colour?
I use edible bamboo charcoal powder which I bought from the baker's shops in Msia. I'm sure it's available here too. -
sYEO:
I use edible bamboo charcoal powder which I bought from the baker's shops in Msia. I'm sure it's available here too.
Bamboo charcoal powder... Sounds interesting... So how did you create the swirl effect using the BM? -
Pumpkin chocolate chip with pumpkin seeds (barely visible) loaf bread topped with oatmeals:
http://postimage.org/image/6dpwfxc4/ -
Happy Mama:
You are most welcome. Yes, do get a packet to try. The taste is unique. My boys love it and so do our swimming pool friends. I like to bake these buns for our potluck parties with them.
Thanks, I'll go check it out... I'm sure my DD will love this.
Perhaps you may want to try your luck at Giant. Have seen them being sold there before they change the packaging, but not sure if it is still being sold in Giant now.
Brand is Master. Old packaging is yellow with green words. -
Happy Mama:
Bamboo charcoal powder... Sounds interesting... So how did you create the swirl effect using the BM?
Hmmm.. I'll try my best to explain, hope you understand this.
I took half the batter of the white bread about half hour before the kneading cycle ends then I put in the charcoal powder into the BM for mixing with the other half batter left in the machine. Understand so far? After the charcoal powder has been mixed thoroughly, I put in the plain batter/white bread batter into the charcoal batter to 'swirl', about 5 mins before the kneading cycle ends. Must monitor the kneading process closely lor.
-
25hourmaid:
Ok thanks, Maid.You are most welcome. Yes, do get a packet to try. The taste is unique. My boys love it and so do our swimming pool friends. I like to bake these buns for our potluck parties with them.
Perhaps you may want to try your luck at Giant. Have seen them being sold there before they change the packaging, but not sure if it is still being sold in Giant now.
Brand is Master. Old packaging is yellow with green words.
-
Happy Mama:
Ok thanks, Maid.

:celebrate: -
sYEO:
Understand it theoretically, but will need to try it out to experience it... Thanks for sharing, sYEO.Happy Mama:
Bamboo charcoal powder... Sounds interesting... So how did you create the swirl effect using the BM?
Hmmm.. I'll try my best to explain, hope you understand this.
I took half the batter of the white bread about half hour before the kneading cycle ends then I put in the charcoal powder into the BM for mixing with the other half batter left in the machine. Understand so far? After the charcoal powder has been mixed thoroughly, I put in the plain batter/white bread batter into the charcoal batter to 'swirl', about 5 mins before the kneading cycle ends. Must monitor the kneading process closely lor.
-
Happy Mama:
Understand it theoretically, but will need to try it out to experience it... Thanks for sharing, sYEO.

You're welcomed. It's nice to share ideas and recipes, that's what this bread club is all about, right?
-
Wah maid!!! Very very yummy!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login