Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • corneyAmberC Offline
      corneyAmber
      last edited by

      Happy Mama:

      Thanks, I'll go check it out... I'm sure my DD will love this. πŸ˜„
      You are most welcome. Yes, do get a packet to try. The taste is unique. My boys love it and so do our swimming pool friends. I like to bake these buns for our potluck parties with them.

      Perhaps you may want to try your luck at Giant. Have seen them being sold there before they change the packaging, but not sure if it is still being sold in Giant now.

      Brand is Master. Old packaging is yellow with green words.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        sYEO
        last edited by

        Happy Mama:
        Bamboo charcoal powder... Sounds interesting... So how did you create the swirl effect using the BM?

        Hmmm.. I'll try my best to explain, hope you understand this.

        I took half the batter of the white bread about half hour before the kneading cycle ends then I put in the charcoal powder into the BM for mixing with the other half batter left in the machine. Understand so far? After the charcoal powder has been mixed thoroughly, I put in the plain batter/white bread batter into the charcoal batter to 'swirl', about 5 mins before the kneading cycle ends. Must monitor the kneading process closely lor. πŸ˜„

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • H Offline
          Happy Mama
          last edited by

          25hourmaid:
          You are most welcome. Yes, do get a packet to try. The taste is unique. My boys love it and so do our swimming pool friends. I like to bake these buns for our potluck parties with them.


          Perhaps you may want to try your luck at Giant. Have seen them being sold there before they change the packaging, but not sure if it is still being sold in Giant now.

          Brand is Master. Old packaging is yellow with green words.
          Ok thanks, Maid. πŸ˜„

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • corneyAmberC Offline
            corneyAmber
            last edited by

            Happy Mama:
            Ok thanks, Maid. πŸ˜„

            :celebrate:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              Happy Mama
              last edited by

              sYEO:
              Happy Mama:

              Bamboo charcoal powder... Sounds interesting... So how did you create the swirl effect using the BM?


              Hmmm.. I'll try my best to explain, hope you understand this.

              I took half the batter of the white bread about half hour before the kneading cycle ends then I put in the charcoal powder into the BM for mixing with the other half batter left in the machine. Understand so far? After the charcoal powder has been mixed thoroughly, I put in the plain batter/white bread batter into the charcoal batter to 'swirl', about 5 mins before the kneading cycle ends. Must monitor the kneading process closely lor. πŸ˜„

              Understand it theoretically, but will need to try it out to experience it... Thanks for sharing, sYEO. πŸ˜„

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                sYEO
                last edited by

                Happy Mama:
                Understand it theoretically, but will need to try it out to experience it... Thanks for sharing, sYEO. πŸ˜„

                You're welcomed. It's nice to share ideas and recipes, that's what this bread club is all about, right? πŸ˜‰

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • J Offline
                  jtoh
                  last edited by

                  Wah maid!!! Very very yummy!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • J Offline
                    jtoh
                    last edited by

                    25hourmaid:
                    The technique was taught by a bread Shifu at another forum. Learnt that years ago and it's about the only pattern I know whenever I make these sausage buns :oops: :oops: and the sausages are no ordinary sausages. They are chicken satay sausages, again special request by the boys. They love these sausage buns.

                    Hi maid, can you share the name of this other bread forum? If it's not convenient to post, can PM me? Thanks.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      jtoh
                      last edited by

                      sYEO:
                      Hi, I'm a newbie. See you have an interesting BM baking club here. I've been using a BM to bake many types of bread but lately been lazy, only doing the 'loaf' bread.


                      I've managed to dig out some old pics of BM bread I baked. Hope to share more recipes or ideas with you guys. πŸ˜„

                      This is my version of a 'marbled' white and charcoal bread with raisins:
                      http://postimage.org/image/6i83c44k/


                      http://postimage.org/image/28qqh18h0/
                      Cool! How did you get the marbled effect?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • J Offline
                        jtoh
                        last edited by

                        sYEO:
                        Pumpkin chocolate chip with pumpkin seeds (barely visible) loaf bread topped with oatmeals:


                        http://postimage.org/image/6dpwfxc4/
                        yummy!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 339
                        • 340
                        • 341
                        • 342
                        • 343
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 341 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy