Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • allseasonsA Offline
      allseasons
      last edited by

      So I have to look out for a bread knife πŸ˜„ . Btw, I saw the zojirushi mini breadmaker. It seems a bit small, maybe can make a loaf of bread for my family (2 adult & 2 children) to eat one time. I am afraid I will not have any bread if my kids ask for a slice in the afternoon or supper :oops: .


      Then I looked around and saw Kenwood breadmaker (model: Kenwood BM250 and another one Kenwood BM450, with variable capacity 500g, 700g and 1kg). I really hope some members of this thread can help me with my silly questions:
      1. Anyone has experienced using kenwood breadmaker? Is it good, or as good as zojirushi breadmaker? One of my friend said don't buy kenwood, coz her kenwood died after the first use...
      2. Can I use zojirushi bread recipes in kenwood breadmaker? I saw in zojirushi website, the recipes look so yummy.. :oops:
      3. If I make a loaf of white bread, within how many days I have to consume it? Should I finish it within the day I make? Will it turn hard or stale if I eat it one day or two days after I make?

      Thanks a lot :celebrate:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        micollh
        last edited by

        allseasons:
        So I have to look out for a bread knife πŸ˜„ . Btw, I saw the zojirushi mini breadmaker. It seems a bit small, maybe can make a loaf of bread for my family (2 adult & 2 children) to eat one time. I am afraid I will not have any bread if my kids ask for a slice in the afternoon or supper :oops: .


        Then I looked around and saw Kenwood breadmaker (model: Kenwood BM250 and another one Kenwood BM450, with variable capacity 500g, 700g and 1kg). I really hope some members of this thread can help me with my silly questions:
        1. Anyone has experienced using kenwood breadmaker? Is it good, or as good as zojirushi breadmaker? One of my friend said don't buy kenwood, coz her kenwood died after the first use...
        2. Can I use zojirushi bread recipes in kenwood breadmaker? I saw in zojirushi website, the recipes look so yummy.. :oops:
        3. If I make a loaf of white bread, within how many days I have to consume it? Should I finish it within the day I make? Will it turn hard or stale if I eat it one day or two days after I make?

        Thanks a lot :celebrate:
        i've been using kenwood. VERY good. been 5 years now still works very well. i bread one loaf a week. baking wise, haven tried, cos lazy to experiment. made kaya before, successful too. jst to share.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • corneyAmberC Offline
          corneyAmber
          last edited by

          Sharing two lobangs with those who are interested.


          Lobang #1
          Kenwood Breadmachine (not sure what model) is being sold for $399 at Gim Hin Lee at Haig Road (go to the Bakeware thread for address). Saw it last Friday.

          Lobang #2
          Bought a digital weighing scale, with a capcity of up to 5kg (in oz and grams) for only $12.90 from a shop at Ang Mo Kio. Had to replace mine which has been giving me problems lately. It's a steal, so for those who are interested, better make it fast.

          The receipt does not show the exact address, but it's at Blk 720 AMK. Telephone number 64582473. Shop's name is called Best Target Trading and the shop is located right next to the hawker centre at AMK Central. It's a corner shop, nearby shops include CK Department Store and Eu Yen Sen Medical Hall.

          http://postimage.org/image/2uvvk3k6c/

          http://postimage.org/image/2ux0wj8is/

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • allseasonsA Offline
            allseasons
            last edited by

            Thanks 25hourmaid, micollh, and LKVM… Is there any zojirushi breadmaker with bigger capacity than the mini one?


            Micollh, what is the model of your Kenwood?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • corneyAmberC Offline
              corneyAmber
              last edited by

              allseasons:
              Thanks 25hourmaid, micollh, and LKVM.. Is there any zojirushi breadmaker with bigger capacity than the mini one?


              Micollh, what is the model of your Kenwood?
              According to ksi, this mini machine is the only model that is available here.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                autumnbronze
                last edited by

                allseasons:
                Thanks 25hourmaid, micollh, and LKVM.. Is there any zojirushi breadmaker with bigger capacity than the mini one?


                Micollh, what is the model of your Kenwood?
                Hi there,

                The z breadmaker can cut up to 11 to 12 slices of bread, depending on the thickness.

                πŸ˜„

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  Happy Mama
                  last edited by

                  autumnbronze:
                  allseasons:

                  Thanks 25hourmaid, micollh, and LKVM.. Is there any zojirushi breadmaker with bigger capacity than the mini one? Micollh, what is the model of your Kenwood?


                  Hi there, The z breadmaker can cut up to 11 to 12 slices of bread, depending on the thickness. πŸ˜„

                  Hi autumnbronze, you are really good to be able to cut up to 12 slices! I could only get 8 or 9 slices at most! :celebrate:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • allseasonsA Offline
                    allseasons
                    last edited by

                    Oh, so the z breadmaker can make up to 12 slices bread. Is it possible to knead dough up to 1.5lb? I saw the capacity is for making 1 lb bread. How about dough? I was thinking if it can knead 1.5lb dough, then if I need bigger loaf, I just use it to knead the dough and then bake it in the oven... Is it possible to do that? :roll:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      jtoh
                      last edited by

                      allseasons:
                      Oh, so the z breadmaker can make up to 12 slices bread. Is it possible to knead dough up to 1.5lb? I saw the capacity is for making 1 lb bread. How about dough? I was thinking if it can knead 1.5lb dough, then if I need bigger loaf, I just use it to knead the dough and then bake it in the oven... Is it possible to do that? :roll:

                      You can't. The capacity is 1 pound. If you overload the pan, the contents may spill out and damage your machine.

                      The size of the loaf is the same, whether you slice 8 slices, 10 slices or 12 slices. Just a matter of thickness of each slice. The loaf is slightly smaller than a Gardenia loaf.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        autumnbronze
                        last edited by

                        Happy Mama:
                        autumnbronze:

                        [quote=\"allseasons\"]Thanks 25hourmaid, micollh, and LKVM.. Is there any zojirushi breadmaker with bigger capacity than the mini one? Micollh, what is the model of your Kenwood?


                        Hi there, The z breadmaker can cut up to 11 to 12 slices of bread, depending on the thickness. πŸ˜„

                        Hi autumnbronze, you are really good to be able to cut up to 12 slices! I could only get 8 or 9 slices at most! :celebrate:[/quote]:imanisland: Happy Mama,

                        I have no choice. My helper loves the homemade bread and sometimes she has it for breakfast AND tea, so must maximize. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜„

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 386
                        • 387
                        • 388
                        • 389
                        • 390
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 388 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy