Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    3.6k Posts 838 Posters 1.2m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Zeal mummyZ Offline
      Zeal mummy
      last edited by

      ChiefKiasu\" post_id=\"2071344\" time=\"1655909220\" user_id=\"3:

      Oops. You are right! HPPS in Phase 2A, not \"Phrase\" 2A. 😄
      Oh my! Yes, you’re right!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Zeal mummyZ Offline
        Zeal mummy
        last edited by

        Liew Nga Wing\" post_id=\"2071347\" time=\"1655910616\" user_id=\"195250:[quote=\"Liew Nga Wing\" post_id=2071347 time=1655910616 user_id=195250]
        Usually parents prefer their kids to study in those schools with long history in Singapore. 十年树木,百年树人.[/quote]
        Yes. Network is good too.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • D Offline
          Das Vasudevan
          last edited by

          Thank you all for your advice. Appreciate it.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • T Offline
            Toomuchlaundry
            last edited by

            floppy\" post_id=\"2071356\" time=\"1655913740\" user_id=\"97579:

            A wise man said...
            It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

            And then a song goes...
            We didn't start the fire
            It was always burning, since the world's been turning.

            There is no such thing as a time when nothing happens. But we digress.
            Next book - A Tale of Two Cities!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              MISSY_WEN
              last edited by

              Hi, i would like to ask for reviews on Nan Chiau Pri Sch (NCPS) and Springdale Pri Sch (SDPS) in terms of:


              1) Curriculum
              2) Teachers / principal
              3) Amt of homeworks
              4) CCA, etc.
              We are registering under Phase 2C.

              Want to also ask abt the reviews of school based student care of both.
              NCPS: Nascans
              SDPS: YMCA

              Thanks for sharing!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • Sonshine123S Offline
                Sonshine123
                last edited by

                Hi, we are a PR family. I am quite confused about how to choose a school for my child, which has a chance for PRs to get in in Phase 2C. We live in a rented apartment, so I am not tied to any location yet. So just want views on which schools are good enough and has chances of getting in for PRs, so that I can plan my lease renewal next year accordingly. Currently I live in Newton but understand that the schools within 1KM (ACS, SJI) from our current place go to citizens.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • floppyF Offline
                  floppy
                  last edited by

                  Sonshine123\" post_id=\"2073396\" time=\"1657082639\" user_id=\"198583:

                  Hi, we are a PR family. I am quite confused about how to choose a school for my child, which has a chance for PRs to get in in Phase 2C. We live in a rented apartment, so I am not tied to any location yet. So just want views on which schools are good enough and has chances of getting in for PRs, so that I can plan my lease renewal next year accordingly. Currently I live in Newton but understand that the schools within 1KM (ACS, SJI) from our current place go to citizens.
                  Questions:
                  1. Child - M / F ?
                  2. What is 'good enough'?
                  3. What exactly are you looking for? Affiliation? Location? Single / mixed gender?

                  Different people have different priorities. You probably can't have the best of everything but there are certainly 'good enough' schools out there for SC and PR. Just a matter of meeting your priorities and needs / wants.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    beatbo
                    last edited by

                    Farrer Park Primary School is not too far and your child will have no issue securing a place in phase 2C as a PR.


                    Of course you have more options if you move but just saying this is a pretty good option for PRs and works for you even if you don’t move or if your next rental isn’t too far away. It’s a catchment school for Singapore children who failed to secure a spot at the more popular schools nearby that you mentioned and is quite a popular choice for PR and foreign students.

                    Sonshine123\" post_id=\"2073396\" time=\"1657082639\" user_id=\"198583:
                    Hi, we are a PR family. I am quite confused about how to choose a school for my child, which has a chance for PRs to get in in Phase 2C. We live in a rented apartment, so I am not tied to any location yet. So just want views on which schools are good enough and has chances of getting in for PRs, so that I can plan my lease renewal next year accordingly. Currently I live in Newton but understand that the schools within 1KM (ACS, SJI) from our current place go to citizens.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Sonshine123S Offline
                      Sonshine123
                      last edited by

                      floppy\" post_id=\"2073398\" time=\"1657083148\" user_id=\"97579:

                      Question:
                      1. Child - M / F ?
                      2. What is 'good enough'?
                      3. What exactly are you looking for? Affiliation? Location? Single / mixed gender?
                      Hi,
                      1)Child - M.
                      2)By good enough I mean good PSLE results maybe or maybe popular school. I am also not sure, cos I know that every school is a good school teaching the same syllabus.
                      3)I am ok with boys school or mixed gender. Location as I mentioned can be flexible except maybe not very north of SG like woodlands and neither too west like Jurong. Ok with the east like Bedok, Pasir Ris.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • Imp75I Offline
                        Imp75
                        last edited by

                        Sonshine123\" post_id=\"2073402\" time=\"1657083753\" user_id=\"198583:

                        Hi,
                        1)Child - M.
                        2)By good enough I mean good PSLE results maybe or maybe popular school. I am also not sure, cos I know that every school is a good school teaching the same syllabus.
                        3)I am ok with boys school or mixed gender. Location as I mentioned can be flexible except maybe not very north of SG like woodlands and neither too west like Jurong. Ok with the east like Bedok, Pasir Ris.
                        Phase 2c for \"good\" schools are typically snapped up by SC<1km via balloting. If I were a PR, I may consider St Gabriel if stay <1km.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 338
                        • 339
                        • 340
                        • 341
                        • 342
                        • 358
                        • 359
                        • 340 / 359
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy