Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Science Guide Books

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Academic Support
    2.4k Posts 179 Posters 924.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • P Offline
      plum-cake
      last edited by

      buds:
      We have the \"Nail Those MCQs\" and love it! Used it to train DD2 to work on MCQs effectively. ie. look out for key words, analytical skills.. time management.. (etc) Chapters are kept short for revision. Keeps DD motivated wanting to do more. We do it together and run thru the explanations together. The flap that covers the answers is ingenious. Better than all answers at the back, easier for checking. Answers come with FULL explanation in easy to understand, straightforward reasoning going back to concepts learnt. A good buy, for us. πŸ˜‰


      :salute:
      I am using it with my dd and I love it.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        buds
        last edited by

        :hi5: plum-cake!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • E Offline
          evergreen
          last edited by

          WOW good suggestions of science books, tempted to buy!!!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • H Offline
            HAPPYH
            last edited by

            I realised that so many books I bought earlier need opening ceremony.


            Thank you plum cake and buds for your feedback on nail those MCQs.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              HAPPYH
              last edited by

              Champion:
              HAPPYH:


              My DD is scared when she sees that thick book. Always dont want to touch that. I really salute you. Being a FTWM, you spend a lot of time with your DD. Your time management should be good. :udawoman:
              I still have many books untouched or only few topics done. So I decided to give a miss to popular fair this time. Feel better now.

              :hugs: HAPPYH
              No, no I am not good with the time management part - I only try squeezing my time as much as I can for DD1 as of now πŸ˜‰

              My DD2 is P1 so still can take some breathe for this year as Science will only come in 2 years later πŸ˜“

              Still not so easy. I am really struggling. You are doing a great job.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • P Offline
                petals73
                last edited by

                Hi Champion


                Sorry for the late reply. I’m using the "PSLE your companion to Science"
                ISBN:978-981-4252-42-3

                Any parents have comments on this book. +/- welcome.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  HAPPYH
                  last edited by

                  petals73:
                  Hi Champion


                  Sorry for the late reply. I'm using the \"PSLE your companion to Science\"
                  ISBN:978-981-4252-42-3

                  Any parents have comments on this book. +/- welcome.

                  Is it from Fairfield or by Renee Chong?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • janet88J Offline
                    janet88
                    last edited by

                    buds:
                    :hi5: plum-cake!

                    The titles of science assessment books mentioned here are like 'candies' in a sweet shop to us mummies :evil: lots of selections to short list and choose...like Candy Empire. I just took out A* science for son to start on once chapter on interactions is completed.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • H Offline
                      HAPPYH
                      last edited by

                      janet_lee88:
                      buds:

                      :hi5: plum-cake!


                      The titles of science assessment books mentioned here are like 'candies' in a sweet shop to us mummies :evil: lots of selections to short list and choose...like Candy Empire. I just took out A* science for son to start on once chapter on interactions is completed.

                      A* from examaid? How do you find this book? Thank you in advance.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        buds
                        last edited by

                        HAPPYH:
                        I realised that so many books I bought earlier need opening ceremony.


                        Thank you plum cake and buds for your feedback on nail those MCQs.
                        You're welcome, HAPPYH. Different children would show different preferences to guides and books. What works for one may not necessarily work for another. You know your child best. When we are stuck with too many choices, stick to the ones you know that your child will most likely see thru to complete. The rest of the unopened ones you can hand down to younger siblings or sell here at the forum, so you can recycle the $ to buy for next year. :moneyflies:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 210
                        • 211
                        • 212
                        • 213
                        • 214
                        • 235
                        • 236
                        • 212 / 236
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy