Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    In-law problems?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Relationships
    5.3k Posts 331 Posters 1.4m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      BeContented
      last edited by

      janet_lee88:
      cwc:


      Hmmm.....my first job is to transfer the car under MY name or transfer the PILs out to other house :evil:
      Thanks, thanks. Had fun reading all the suggestions, make my day :dancing: i like the booking taxi part too, why I never think of that 😉

      Aiyoh, you already doing such a noble thing by inviting them into your house. It's time your hubby's other siblings do something.
      My hubby's spoilt brat brother always gives excuse that the car is not his, and so can't drive it. :mad: always collect letters for that idiot from his parents' letterbox bcos he doesn't want his wife to see them.

      Sigh, I can understand your :stompfeet: :mad: with the spoilt brat.....cos' I same same, talk or think about him makes my blood boil. Then my BP goes up, now try not to think about them (hard lah I know). Actually, in my case, one of the sibling is OK, still helps....it's the spoilt brat. Shall forget him, I got my dinner :rahrah: DH smart, MIL still asking him to drive her out....but he arranged it late......and only tell me about it on way home. He scared I purposely delay 😉 , ok lah, let him off. I surf KSP lor.........

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • janet88J Offline
        janet88
        last edited by

        Hi cwc,

        When I think about it, it’s more like the car that his family is looking at…the fav son got value mah…can drive them here and there.
        I don’t think the fav son would be that ‘favourite’ if he doesn’t have 4 wheels at beck and call.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          sall
          last edited by

          janet_lee88:
          Hi cwc,

          When I think about it, it's more like the car that his family is looking at...the fav son got value mah...can drive them here and there.
          I don't think the fav son would be that 'favourite' if he doesn't have 4 wheels at beck and call.
          If all the mil's children have 4 wheels, then mil will not want to 'trouble' the fav son. Likewise, if eating out, mil won't want the fav son to pay the bill.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • janet88J Offline
            janet88
            last edited by

            sall:
            janet_lee88:

            Hi cwc,

            When I think about it, it's more like the car that his family is looking at...the fav son got value mah...can drive them here and there.
            I don't think the fav son would be that 'favourite' if he doesn't have 4 wheels at beck and call.

            If all the mil's children have 4 wheels, then mil will not want to 'trouble' the fav son. Likewise, if eating out, mil won't want the fav son to pay the bill.

            Having 4 wheels is one thing, but the mil also chooses which son to be at beck and call. In my case here, the mouth always says 'everything must ask eldest son', but never practice what she preaches. Always the case.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              BeContented
              last edited by

              Ha ha....here good venting ground 🙂


              DH also eldest, 'fav' cos' everything bug him first.
              Next 'fav' is also filial, he's actually a nice guy, he does help. He also kena whenever my DH not free.
              The REAL fav is the spoilt one...cannot trouble him. If the other 2 not free, then no choice MIL will ask him. But just a simple - I'm not free, MIL immediately goes back to force the other 2. And mind you, the spoilt one is the one most free with NO KIDS loh. :mad:

              Again, today, created a big fuss and the 2 'fav' must help her today (in fact, for whole week liao). Yet, not a single request made to spoilt brat. Today, we were out.....basin overflowed, MIL damn pissed & made so much noise when we came back......well, I already expected it, cos every Fri/Sat MIL will do soooo much things at kitchen & till basin start to choke. But as usual MIL denied. Anyway whoever UP there can see, I dun want to get involved liao....just happy she kena and had to clean up while I'm out. :evil: But blame us for not cleaning our pipe lah.....hallooooo before she shifted in, I never even had a 'slow flowing' basin loh

              Anyway, MIL complain big time cos rushing to cook for spoilt brat - mind you, no one eating lunch today except spoilt brat. If the basin irks her so much, dun cook lah. :roll:
              After lunch, spoilt brat can go home REST while the other 2 must change all their appt to help her later in the afternoon. FAIR? :skeptical:
              Anyway, it has reached the stage when I will just watch and be 幸灾乐祸 whenever MIL kena, she deserve it. :laugh: I can slowly sense DH also not feeling good about her behaviour liao. In fact, last 2 days he has been rebuking her back for pestering him on trivial matters & nag until he gotta go out for a breather. Much as I pity DH, good that he suffers a bit under his own mom........at least he'll know what I'm going through.

              But I still feel unfair that only 2 of them kena, the spoilt brat gets it all easy :rant: :stompfeet:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • janet88J Offline
                janet88
                last edited by

                cwc:
                Ha ha....here good venting ground 🙂


                The REAL fav is the spoilt one...cannot trouble him. If the other 2 not free, then no choice MIL will ask him. But just a simple - I'm not free, MIL immediately goes back to force the other 2. And mind you, the spoilt one is the one most free with NO KIDS loh. :mad:

                But I still feel unfair that only 2 of them kena, the spoilt brat gets it all easy :rant: :stompfeet:
                Yes, that spoilt brat is so busy that he cannot be troubled. Idiotic as well, must collect letters and pass to him at his convenience.
                NO kids and yet busy...busy with what I wonder :mad:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • janet88J Offline
                  janet88
                  last edited by

                  LKVM:
                  janet_lee88:

                  NO kids and yet busy...busy with what I wonder :mad:


                  Busy with the wife lor :laugh:

                  The WIFE herself claimed to be SO VERY busy with work, but yet can be such a trouble-maker. Maybe like what you mentioned, busy with the wife's crazy antics. :faint:

                  I am busy on weekdays and holidays...weekends, it's time to relax.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • I Offline
                    ImMeeMee
                    last edited by

                    Good to see fellow forrumers venting here and 'plotting' against the ILs. Its scheming :evil: (tongue-in-cheek) but sometimes we DILs just have to do something to stay sane.


                    My ILs are actually OK, except that our styles are very different, and DH refuses to stand by me at critical times. which gets me very frustrated and disappointed and sad.

                    I have much to learn at this thread.

                    :rahrah: :lovesite:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • P Offline
                      pinky
                      last edited by

                      ImMeeMee:
                      Good to see fellow forrumers venting here and 'plotting' against the ILs. Its scheming :evil: (tongue-in-cheek) but sometimes we DILs just have to do something to stay sane.


                      My ILs are actually OK, except that our styles are very different, and DH refuses to stand by me at critical times. which gets me very frustrated and disappointed and sad.

                      I have much to learn at this thread.

                      :rahrah: :lovesite:
                      I guess by ranting and sharing, we can keep our blood pressure in check
                      and our sanity too especially if our spouses are those type who treat their family members better than to us :mad: :mad: :mad:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • janet88J Offline
                        janet88
                        last edited by

                        LKVM:
                        pinky:

                        I guess by ranting and sharing, we can keep our blood pressure in check

                        and our sanity too especially if our spouses are those type who treat their family members better than to us :mad: :mad: :mad:

                        Yes very true :dancing:

                        My hubby is ok in the sense. I don't prevent him from seeing them...just don't make me go along or my blood pressure will shoot up. By making him see them more, he will get fed-up. I've got enough stress.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 289
                        • 290
                        • 291
                        • 292
                        • 293
                        • 528
                        • 529
                        • 291 / 529
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        OLCTO
                        OLCT

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy