Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    In-law problems?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Relationships
    5.3k Posts 331 Posters 1.4m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • janet88J Offline
      janet88
      last edited by

      I do not want any confrontation with her either…so it’s arms length as much as possible. What’s the point of stating facts with her and have her sobbing and wailing like as though I beat her up ??? Then I become the biggest 罪人. No thanks.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        Chenonceau
        last edited by

        janet_lee88:
        I do not want any confrontation with her either...so it's arms length as much as possible. What's the point of stating facts with her and have her sobbing and wailing like as though I beat her up ??? Then I become the biggest 罪人. No thanks.

        Sometimes, that is the only way to do it. Especially when people kowtow for forgiveness for no reason. So drama. Makes my hair stand. Thank goodness this has never happened to me!!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • janet88J Offline
          janet88
          last edited by

          I will be super happy if I don’t have to put up their endless problems…stressed and busy enough and totally not interested in their stupid, endless problems.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • DesertWindD Offline
            DesertWind
            last edited by

            Chenonceau:
            janet_lee88:

            I do not want any confrontation with her either...so it's arms length as much as possible. What's the point of stating facts with her and have her sobbing and wailing like as though I beat her up ??? Then I become the biggest 罪人. No thanks.


            Sometimes, that is the only way to do it. Especially when people kowtow for forgiveness for no reason. So drama. Makes my hair stand. Thank goodness this has never happened to me!!

            I hate MIL's crocodile tears. My MIL one-time APOLOGISED to me in front of everybody said sorry she could not eat seafood because her finger was cut so cannot eat \"poisonous\" seafood. I had suggested going to a seafood restaurant which my PIL went a few times already so I thought it was like a family restaurant to them should be well-received for her birthday celebration. Turned out she was pissed because she mentioned before her finger was a bit cut but I forgot. She APOLOGISED to me said she was sorry to disappoint ME because she knew I like to eat crab. :mad: :mad: :mad:

            In case you did not get my drift - anyone heard her would think that I was the most selfish person in the world, without a thought for my MIL. To suggest a SEAFOOD restaurant on my MIL's birthday KNOWING that her finger was cut and she should avoid seafood. Just because I like to eat seafood myself! :stupid:

            I just plain forgot...the sly old one... :mad:

            A couple more of such incidents whereby she put me in a very bad light. I told her plainly she has mistaken me and told her: \"You think very badly of me.\" After that I think she backed off and stop her sarcastic remarks and crocodile tears.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              Hubby’s insensitive and brainless sister asked her brothers to get lawyer to assess parents assets. Can you imagine that? It’s plain obvious her angmoh husband brainwashed her.

              That cheapskate is supposed to be a dentist and he is eyeing a piece of the 3 room flat. Eldest son (hubby’s brother) got so mad and shot his stupid sister a nasty email to leave the flat alone. Omg, that stupid woman wants a will written claiming that parents are forgetful. She wants division of assets.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                Chenonceau
                last edited by

                janet_lee88:
                Hubby's insensitive and brainless sister asked her brothers to get lawyer to assess parents assets. Can you imagine that? It's plain obvious her angmoh husband brainwashed her.

                That cheapskate is supposed to be a dentist and he is eyeing a piece of the 3 room flat. Eldest son (hubby's brother) got so mad and shot his stupid sister a nasty email to leave the flat alone. Omg, that stupid woman wants a will written claiming that parents are forgetful. She wants division of assets.
                :yikes:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • B Offline
                  BeContented
                  last edited by

                  Chenonceau,

                  Has your MIL came over liao? Remembered you mentioned about MIL coming over soon…

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    Chenonceau
                    last edited by

                    DesertWind:

                    A couple more of such incidents whereby she put me in a very bad light. I told her plainly she has mistaken me and told her: \"You think very badly of me.\" After that I think she backed off and stop her sarcastic remarks and crocodile tears.
                    Funny how MIL think we are blind to smear campaigns aimed at us.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      Chenonceau
                      last edited by

                      BeContented:
                      Chenonceau,

                      Has your MIL came over liao? Remembered you mentioned about MIL coming over soon.......
                      Not yet. Next month. :nailbite: :nailbite: :nailbite:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • DesertWindD Offline
                        DesertWind
                        last edited by

                        Chenonceau:
                        DesertWind:


                        A couple more of such incidents whereby she put me in a very bad light. I told her plainly she has mistaken me and told her: \"You think very badly of me.\" After that I think she backed off and stop her sarcastic remarks and crocodile tears.

                        Funny how MIL think we are blind to smear campaigns aimed at us.

                        You too kerna? Anyway, long story right, better don't start..ke..ke..ke..
                        :evil:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 342
                        • 343
                        • 344
                        • 345
                        • 346
                        • 528
                        • 529
                        • 344 / 529
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog

                        Statistics

                        9

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy