Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Earth Hour

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Recess Time
    95 Posts 28 Posters 22.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mathsparks
      last edited by

      So we took a walk during earth hour, and counted abt 159 houses with lights on and 194 without. That’s a 55% participation rate. Not bad, but I guess also because some folks were out since it’s Sat night.


      At Ocean Park, I noticed about 75% participated while at the point blks near Ngee Ann Pri, only about 50%.

      Perhaps in time, more awareness is created thru this event and people are more conscious of the need to conserve our resources.

      Anyone to share what they did during that 1 hour?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • G Offline
        girlmum
        last edited by

        Oops! 😒 I must confess- I totally forgotten abt Earth Hour. :slapshead: Watch TV/Lights On/Computer On...... Looks like I need a spanking, nevermind I :spank: myself. 😒 😒

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          schweppes
          last edited by

          We participated in Earth Hour. Turned off all lights and had lit candles around the house. Kids also took their evening showers in candle light. :imanangel:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            mathsparks
            last edited by

            girlmum:
            Oops! 😒 I must confess- I totally forgotten abt Earth Hour. :slapshead: Watch TV/Lights On/Computer On...... Looks like I need a spanking, nevermind I :spank: myself. 😒 😒

            and watch out for tankee and his machine gun...how abt as punishment, you go lights out tomorrow 8:30 to 10:30? or write 100 lines? :lol:

            the spanking emoticon kinda gross hor? can see backside one.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              mathsparks
              last edited by

              schweppes:
              We participated in Earth Hour. Turned off all lights and had lit candles around the house. Kids also took their evening showers in candle light. :imanangel:

              I'm sure they like the experience and the fact that, in their small ways, they've contributed to the event.

              Any parents did some counting? or as in my dh's words, why so bo liao? count for what? read the papers tomorrow la.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                schweppes
                last edited by

                mathsparks:

                I'm sure they like the experience and the fact that, in their small ways, they've contributed to the event.
                Yes, they did enjoy the experience and it made them more aware too. To while away the time, both girls called grandma and chatted with her. So it was family bonding time too. πŸ˜‰

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • G Offline
                  girlmum
                  last edited by

                  mathsparks:
                  girlmum:

                  Oops! 😒 I must confess- I totally forgotten abt Earth Hour. :slapshead: Watch TV/Lights On/Computer On...... Looks like I need a spanking, nevermind I :spank: myself. 😒 😒


                  and watch out for tankee and his machine gun...how abt as punishment, you go lights out tomorrow 8:30 to 10:30? or write 100 lines? :lol:

                  the spanking emoticon kinda gross hor? can see backside one.

                  Can't go lights out totally. Will use less electricity tmr night coz my dad (80yr) is staying w/me. Can't see well, needs a few lights for him to move ard the house. I have to leave the night light on even when he's sleeping, just in case he needs to use the toilet.

                  Pls spare me the punishment. πŸ™

                  Luv the spanking emoticon - kinda cute. Nevermind la, backside only. Nowadays can see quite a lot - girls with short/tight tees w/low waist jeans (aunties also have) :!:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mathsparks
                    last edited by

                    girlmum:

                    Can't go lights out totally. Will use less electricity tmr night coz my dad (80yr) is staying w/me. Can't see well, needs a few lights for him to move ard the house. I have to leave the night light on even when he's sleeping, just in case he needs to use the toilet.

                    Pls spare me the punishment. πŸ™

                    Luv the spanking emoticon - kinda cute. Nevermind la, backside only. Nowadays can see quite a lot - girls with short/tight tees w/low waist jeans (aunties also have) :!:
                    Totally understand yr situation, no probs. jokg nia.

                    I auntie also wear low waist jeans..more comfy leh, when I need to sit down..I look for seats with back rest or against the wall..to avoid accidental exposure and ppl puking on their food. :sick:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      schweppes
                      last edited by

                      mathsparks:

                      I auntie also wear low waist jeans..more comfy leh
                      But with all your running and climbing stairs, am sure u have a runner's bod. i'd wear hot jeans too if i exercise more regularly.

                      Anyway, must say that your exercise regime and Funz's healthy eating habits have rubbed off on me. Am starting to exercise and trying to eat more healthily too. :dancing:

                      So thanks for being such an inspiration!! :lol:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • G Offline
                        girlmum
                        last edited by

                        mathsparks:

                        Totally understand yr situation, no probs. jokg nia.

                        I auntie also wear low waist jeans..more comfy leh, when I need to sit down..I look for seats with back rest or against the wall..to avoid accidental exposure and ppl puking on their food. :sick:
                        Thanks for your understanding. πŸ’‹

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 6 / 10
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        789winosakaa7
                        789winosakaa

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy