Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Mighty Math - Discussion

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Mathematics
    119 Posts 40 Posters 64.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • W Offline
      wan2bdad
      last edited by

      Hi KSmommy1975,


      At Punggol Blk 176 branch, I have seen primary school kids, so I think they definitely have P1 classes.

      As for term "Heuristic", I dont think there’s such a chapter in the textbook to cover this topic. I learnt this from my DS teacher, Stella, and according to her, it refers to the different problem solving techniques that can be applied to work out the story sums.

      If you do a search on the net, some primary schools even conduct such workshops for their parents to teach kids the heuristic techniques.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • F Offline
        fatmama75
        last edited by

        Hi wan2bdad

        Pls PM your son’s details as I am planning to sign my 2 sons for mighty math at punggol. Thanks in adv!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          skwu
          last edited by

          Hi,

          Anyone can PM your name & your child's details as I am planning to sign up my daughter for mighty math at Tampines.

          Will both get discounts if from different branch ?

          Thank you. :rahrah:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            skwu
            last edited by

            Hi wan2bdad,

            Can PM your son’s details as I am planning to sign my daughter for the mighty math at Tampines. Thank you very much !

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              KSmommy1975
              last edited by

              Is Mighty Math offered under Lorna Winston? Cos when I went to Lorna Wisnton, I saw that they have Math programme - known as Mighty Math

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • F Offline
                fatmama75
                last edited by

                Hi ksmommy1975

                Nope I don’t think so. I spoke to two teachers in Mighty Math and they said they developed this prog themselves after years of being in the education industry. My 2boys are with them now and my 3+ girl will join next Feb/Mar

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • W Offline
                  wan2bdad
                  last edited by

                  Yes, fatmama75 is right. I asked them (Mighty Math’s teachers) the same question too as I have seen a similar named program at Lorna Winston when I visited Lorna Winston centre for English program with my DS.


                  Mighty Math is not from Lorna Winston and the Mighty Math teachers told me that they have already trade-marked their brand name. The program is developed in-house.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • J Offline
                    jtparent
                    last edited by

                    Hi,


                    any upper pri parents to share the experience?

                    tia

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      jtparent
                      last edited by

                      Hi,

                      Anyone can PM your name & your child’s details as I am planning to sign up my sons for mighty math at Tampines.

                      btw any one know how much the disount?

                      tks

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • F Offline
                        fatmama75
                        last edited by

                        Hi jtparent

                        I’ve just PM u. Pls check. The disc is $30 one time

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 5 / 12
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy