Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    GEP 2011 - Screening & Selection

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved GEP
    2.0k Posts 187 Posters 506.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D Offline
      drickymummy
      last edited by

      I also did not get mine topic listing yet…haiz…files r in a mess still with no proper instruction on how to set up the files…or maybe it is my Ds who is dreaming in class?


      It seems like wat they learned in math so far r not gg to be v much tested while mainstream math topics r tested in CA…correct me if I m wrong… Anyway wat they learned in class so far s wat I would call ‘fun’ math…

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • D Offline
        drickymummy
        last edited by

        Mummies, any ideas wat to do with the phot journal? Letter format or booklet? Ds seems to say booklet but it is a journal to convince someone…so letter format opening? Urgh!!! Still trying to finish up that tree project!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • B Offline
          blessmum4
          last edited by

          drickymummy:
          I also did not get mine topic listing yet....haiz...files r in a mess still with no proper instruction on how to set up the files...or maybe it is my Ds who is dreaming in class?


          It seems like wat they learned in math so far r not gg to be v much tested while mainstream math topics r tested in CA...correct me if I m wrong.. Anyway wat they learned in class so far s wat I would call 'fun' math..
          DD got the ca1 topic on the second day of sch! We were shocked. But the topics and relevant to what they have been doing. Unless diff GEP sch has diff topics but unlikely cos all papers are set by the GEP branch, right?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            blessmum4
            last edited by

            drickymummy:
            Mummies, any ideas wat to do with the phot journal? Letter format or booklet? Ds seems to say booklet but it is a journal to convince someone..so letter format opening? Urgh!!!! Still trying to finish up that tree project!

            Booklet. But maybe diff sch diff style

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • D Offline
              dagong99
              last edited by

              drickymummy:
              Mummies, any ideas wat to do with the phot journal? Letter format or booklet? Ds seems to say booklet but it is a journal to convince someone..so letter format opening? Urgh!!!! Still trying to finish up that tree project!

              Mine just a simple writeup of not more than 200 words plus a few photos, that's all.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • D Offline
                dagong99
                last edited by

                blessmum4:
                drickymummy:

                I also did not get mine topic listing yet....haiz...files r in a mess still with no proper instruction on how to set up the files...or maybe it is my Ds who is dreaming in class?


                It seems like wat they learned in math so far r not gg to be v much tested while mainstream math topics r tested in CA...correct me if I m wrong.. Anyway wat they learned in class so far s wat I would call 'fun' math..

                DD got the ca1 topic on the second day of sch! We were shocked. But the topics and relevant to what they have been doing. Unless diff GEP sch has diff topics but unlikely cos all papers are set by the GEP branch, right?

                Can share the topics ? Don't think DS2 has brought anything on this back home ... :slapshead:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • mickeyhmhM Offline
                  mickeyhmh
                  last edited by

                  drickymummy:
                  I also did not get mine topic listing yet....haiz...files r in a mess still with no proper instruction on how to set up the files...or maybe it is my Ds who is dreaming in class?


                  It seems like wat they learned in math so far r not gg to be v much tested while mainstream math topics r tested in CA...correct me if I m wrong.. Anyway wat they learned in class so far s wat I would call 'fun' math..
                  Hi drickymummy
                  For filing : DS files are still empty. :scratchhead:

                  For schedules & topics covered : You might want to check out DS's class blog. Each expert class & home class has a blog. The teachers do post some of the info there.

                  DS1 also in NYPS. I remember seeing a couple of notices (which I had to sign) on assessments & tests. I don't think the GEP classes have any CA. Common tests for English, Science, Maths are in Term 2 & Term 3 & SA in Term 4 (this was mentioned during the P4 GEP MTP session). I remember the HCL teacher flashing up a schedule too, but forgot the details.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • D Offline
                    drickymummy
                    last edited by

                    mickeyhmh:
                    drickymummy:

                    I also did not get mine topic listing yet....haiz...files r in a mess still with no proper instruction on how to set up the files...or maybe it is my Ds who is dreaming in class?


                    It seems like wat they learned in math so far r not gg to be v much tested while mainstream math topics r tested in CA...correct me if I m wrong.. Anyway wat they learned in class so far s wat I would call 'fun' math..

                    Hi drickymummy
                    For filing : DS files are still empty. :scratchhead:

                    For schedules & topics covered : You might want to check out DS's class blog. Each expert class & home class has a blog. The teachers do post some of the info there.

                    DS1 also in NYPS. I remember seeing a couple of notices (which I had to sign) on assessments & tests. I don't think the GEP classes have any CA. Common tests for English, Science, Maths are in Term 2 & Term 3 & SA in Term 4 (this was mentioned during the P4 GEP MTP session). I remember the HCL teacher flashing up a schedule too, but forgot the details.

                    Maybe our boys are in the same class? DS's Eng T still on leave..shd be back after this week it seems..but I v worried abt him losing his notes when they are not filed and he brings them to sch daily. He had left his folders on sch a couple of times liao 😓 ..... Oops I totally forgot abt the blogs.. :slapshead:

                    I know eng no CA test but not sure abt the other subjects. Yah..I think HCL got CA test.Cannot remember the MTP liao..I sat at a corner in the front row everytime. 😓 ..Next time must sit in the middle block middle row to see clearly !!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • mickeyhmhM Offline
                      mickeyhmh
                      last edited by

                      drickymummy:

                      I know eng no CA test but not sure abt the other subjects. Yah..I think HCL got CA test.Cannot remember the MTP liao..I sat at a corner in the front row everytime. 😓 ..Next time must sit in the middle block middle row to see clearly !!
                      Just confirmed with DS1. No CA for HCL, only 'xiao ce yan'. SA in Term 2 & 4.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        blessmum4
                        last edited by

                        dagong99:
                        blessmum4:

                        [quote=\"drickymummy\"]I also did not get mine topic listing yet....haiz...files r in a mess still with no proper instruction on how to set up the files...or maybe it is my Ds who is dreaming in class?


                        It seems like wat they learned in math so far r not gg to be v much tested while mainstream math topics r tested in CA...correct me if I m wrong.. Anyway wat they learned in class so far s wat I would call 'fun' math..

                        DD got the ca1 topic on the second day of sch! We were shocked. But the topics and relevant to what they have been doing. Unless diff GEP sch has diff topics but unlikely cos all papers are set by the GEP branch, right?

                        Can share the topics ? Don't think DS2 has brought anything on this back home ... :slapshead:[/quote]Maths ca:
                        Whole number, factors and multiples,fraction, decimal and graph.

                        Science ca:
                        Heat, matter, scientific skills and experimental design

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 183
                        • 184
                        • 185
                        • 186
                        • 187
                        • 195
                        • 196
                        • 185 / 196
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy