GEP 2011 - Screening & Selection
-
Herbie:
Thanks for your advice :salute: ! Understand what you mean. Already managed expectations. As you can see, some of us do not expect them to even get through round 1. The present is definitely for us to keep...as a fond memory or as a reminder that anything is possible. Hahasorry for being a wet blanket.
But got to prepare the child mentally in their 'present' is being taken away.eventually.
-
So how many of you start to think of sending your dd/ds some form of training now to give a booster jab??
-
Snow Crystal:
Ha ha ha....just to share. Initially you dun expect them to clear round 1, but after they clear, the 'secret' hope to clear round 2 will just creep in.....I went through that twice despite knowing very well that my 2 kids are not the GEP material. :oops: But nevertheless, yes, it's a fond memory and a milestone for them.
Thanks for your advice :salute: ! Understand what you mean. Already managed expectations. As you can see, some of us do not expect them to even get through round 1. The present is definitely for us to keep...as a fond memory or as a reminder that anything is possible. HahaHerbie:
sorry for being a wet blanket.
But got to prepare the child mentally if their 'present' is being taken away.eventually.
Encourage the kids, fuel them with hope that anything is possible :snuggles: ....but remember to prepare them mentally :love: -
cwc:
you are probably right. I've never visited any GEP thread in KSP becos I always think GEP is something very remote for dd. But after receiving today's test slip, I actually participated in the thread :oops: .
Ha ha ha....just to share. Initially you dun expect them to clear round 1, but after they clear, the 'secret' hope to clear round 2 will just creep in.....I went through that twice despite knowing very well that my 2 kids are not the GEP material. :oops: But nevertheless, yes, it's a fond memory and a milestone for them.
Encourage the kids, fuel them with hope that anything is possible :snuggles: ....but remember to prepare them mentally :love:
However, I will continue to treat this as a non-issue with dd, just like the first round. My dd is the bo-chap type and is pretty happy to just \"sail\" through her studies. I don't think she understands or care much wrt GEP. She thinks since there is no preparation work to be done, then it's even more no-big-deal as compared to her test/exams.
Personally, I am happy that dd is selected for the next round. But I doubt that dd will clear round 2. Potential no enough
-
cwc:
:salute: :goodpost:
But nevertheless, yes, it's a fond memory and a milestone for them.
Encourage the kids, fuel them with hope that anything is possible :snuggles: ....but remember to prepare them mentally :love: -
especially for those kids who are currently in one of the nine ge schools, they may feel sad when they see their friends moving into the ge class.
Hence it is always gd to prepare the child mentally for not being able to cross over to ge. -
bebebub:
I think the 'bo-chap' kid with the 'non-issue' parent is the correct attitude for the test. You go bebebub! :rahrah:
you are probably right. I've never visited any GEP thread in KSP becos I always think GEP is something very remote for dd. But after receiving today's test slip, I actually participated in the thread :oops: .cwc:
Ha ha ha....just to share. Initially you dun expect them to clear round 1, but after they clear, the 'secret' hope to clear round 2 will just creep in.....I went through that twice despite knowing very well that my 2 kids are not the GEP material. :oops: But nevertheless, yes, it's a fond memory and a milestone for them.
Encourage the kids, fuel them with hope that anything is possible :snuggles: ....but remember to prepare them mentally :love:
However, I will continue to treat this as a non-issue with dd, just like the first round. My dd is the bo-chap type and is pretty happy to just \"sail\" through her studies. I don't think she understands or care much wrt GEP. She thinks since there is no preparation work to be done, then it's even more no-big-deal as compared to her test/exams.
Personally, I am happy that dd is selected for the next round. But I doubt that dd will clear round 2. Potential no enough
After all it's a GEP test that's supposed to identify those who are academically gifted and there shouldn't be a need to prepare for the test or to get anxious about it. If you're gifted, you'll be selected. If you're not selected, then GEP is not for you. And if you're not naturally gifted but got selected because you paid big bucks to be trained for the test, then good luck to your kid because it'll be hard-going. -
i hv received pm asking me abt the type of questions. Honestly, although my girl did tell me some of the qn but i dun rem liao, anyway for those interested on the format and qn type, please go and take a look at page 5 of the ‘all about gep’ thread.
-
My boy also cleared round 1. We din expect cos he said he can’t do the Math Paper.
But he is not taking round 2 cos we rather let him stay at home revising his final exams. Those 4 PSLE marking days are v impt, need to cramp in everything…Anyway, he does not want to change school cos wont be switching even if he gets it.
We also dun want him to be too stressed out, we alri v stressed out now.
His school stream them into best 2 classes aft Pri 1. He is alri in the best class. As long as he doesnt drop out from this best class, i m contented. And I am v worried that he’ll get kick out this year cos his results have been deterioting since beginning this year. -
phtthp:
I think 'twinning' term is more applicable for GE schools becos it means GEP twine (or twin?) with High Ability kids :hugs: I understand quite a few other GEP schools have twinning eg Nanyang and ACSP.a) besides Tao Nan & Nan Hua, which other schools have this 'twinning' programme ?
how about other hot schools like - Rosyth, St Hilda, Catholic High, Ai Tong, Maris Stella, South View, Rulang, Henry Park, CHIJ St Nicholas, MGS, SCGS, Bukit Panjang, others ? also got twinning ?
b) for round 1 Maths paper - besides setting MCQ, do they set problem solving heuristics qns ?
For round 1, besides MCQs, there are a few FRQs and should have some heuristics ques. You know like most boys, DS can't remember much and usually don't tell much
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login