Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    GEP 2011 - Screening & Selection

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved GEP
    2.0k Posts 187 Posters 506.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • F Offline
      Flowermonaster
      last edited by

      gleemom:
      Yes, he got in. We are happy for him. He's stronger in Maths and Science, but not great in languages, so was pleasantly surprised. There is quite a tight deadline to make decisions, so I decided to call the school instead of waiting for next week. I am sure he will miss his friends if he takes up offer. Also, not to put anyone down, I'd like to know from existing GEPer parents whether they are happy with the character development of the student. There is some labelling, and I do not want him to grow up distanced from other students. Any comments?

      If your boy wants to go then should let him. I don't have any issue with my DS's character development. As for \"grow up distanced from other students\", my DS gets along well with his CCA teammates from mainstream. From my DS's point of view, whether they click or not has nothing to do with where they are from, its more on character. Within GEP group, he might not be able to click with all too. 😉

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        Manlim008
        last edited by

        Hi, I've been following this thread very closely. Just like to Hong Kong drama...very addictive :boogie:


        I'm also very anxious to know the results. Called the school but all they could say was \"don't know\" 🤷

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          syshi
          last edited by

          Manlim008:
          Hi, I've been following this thread very closely. Just like to Hong Kong drama...very addictive :boogie:


          I'm also very anxious to know the results. Called the school but all they could say was \"don't know\" 🤷
          Welcome to our school admin system... :mad:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • P Offline
            parent.031041parent
            last edited by

            Manlim008:
            Hi, I've been following this thread very closely. Just like to Hong Kong drama...very addictive :boogie:


            I'm also very anxious to know the results. Called the school but all they could say was \"don't know\" 🤷
            called the form teacher, begin inform that no news.
            anxious and worry about it, will be happy if my DS can get in BUT also worry that if he cannot cope with it and worry about his CCA which the GEP sch that nearest to my hse don't have the CCA that he's taking now :slapshead:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • L Offline
              Lovemama
              last edited by

              I called the school just now, the admin said haven’t received it today…strange

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                Manlim008
                last edited by

                I've worries that I do not have the time to consider should my DD get selected into GEP, I wrote to some of her teachers to check if she truly has the abilities. I'm afraid she could not cope with the study load and projects in GEP, ended up struggling and losing her self esteem :imdrowning:

                So far, hear nothing from the teachers :sad:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • C Offline
                  CCMTK
                  last edited by

                  just got call from form teacher and was told that my daughter got into GEP. she said the school just received the courier from MOE in the afternoon. so maybe some schools have not got it yet. don’t worry…

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • A Offline
                    Andaiz
                    last edited by

                    This thread is hotting up for all the right...and wrong reasons :evil:

                    ASLMUM:
                    Heard that GEP results for RGPS is out.....My DS's school is having school hols today, guess can only know on Tuesday?
                    after reading ASLMUM's post, I was secretly relieved :oops: coz no envelope...but my PVG friend called up the School office. Apparently it's still with the P. :xedfingers: for the RGPS parents.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • A Offline
                      Andaiz
                      last edited by

                      :congrats:

                      ksi:
                      Just a trend observation....all those who reported their child got into GEP are boys:

                      1.ss501
                      2.gleemom
                      3.HWBW

                      I think the boys are really on tenterhooks now...

                      :congrats: ss501, gleemom, HWBW.....assuming you are all happy to be chosen. 😉
                      We just got our FIRST gal! CCMTK's daughter.

                      Here's the count now:

                      1.ss501 - boy
                      2.gleemom - boy
                      3.HWBW - boy
                      4. CCMTK - girl

                      :congrats: all. Any thoughts which school?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        CCMTK
                        last edited by

                        Andaiz:
                        :congrats:
                        ksi:

                        Just a trend observation....all those who reported their child got into GEP are boys:

                        1.ss501
                        2.gleemom
                        3.HWBW

                        I think the boys are really on tenterhooks now...

                        :congrats: ss501, gleemom, HWBW.....assuming you are all happy to be chosen. 😉

                        We just got our FIRST gal! CCMTK's daughter.

                        Here's the count now:

                        1.ss501 - boy
                        2.gleemom - boy
                        3.HWBW - boy
                        4. CCMTK - girl

                        :congrats: all. Any thoughts which school?


                        have no idea which school to choose....what are the factors that one should consider? i read the booklets and seems that the GEP classes follow their own curriculum. so basically they are just hosted in the school? then we should choose by looking at the CCA schools offer?

                        we live in the east side, so don't have many choices. cannot possibly go to a very far away school....

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 81
                        • 82
                        • 83
                        • 84
                        • 85
                        • 195
                        • 196
                        • 83 / 196
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy