GEP 2011 - Screening & Selection
-
HHB:
Affiliation (feeder school).
factors for consideration:
Distance
Co-ed School or SIngle Gender
HMT or Normal MT
CCA -
:congrats: to ss501,gleemom,HWBW & CCMTK on ur DSs' and DD's performance.
Give urself a pat on the shoulder too!
:rahrah: :rahrah: -
ss501, gleemom, HWBW & CCMTK Congratulations to you & your children!
-
Hi all,
my son got into GEP too, i’m a little bit anxious because i have another son in P1, whose SAP result is not so bad, i want the two can study in the same school in the future.
anyone have the same situation? any suggestion? -
jtoh:
Oh dear, poor boy! I have been wondering what happened to the boy since her last post. :sad: Couldn't believe the school's inflexibility in changing class/teachers. At 11 years old go where? On 2nd thought, if leave GEP, can still attend normal class in the same school right? :scratchhead: But poor boy will be so sad...
Thanks for sharing the blog, ksalways. It was so sad reading the blog post. I can't believe the injustice the poor boy was subjected to.ksasalways:
Was reading this blog by a mother who was forced to take the painful decision to take her boy out from the GE program.
http://pamlim.blogspot.com/2011/02/sunshine-boy-to-leave-gifted-program.html ....
On another note, I think the blogger is a contributor on this forum.
-
DesertWind:
Oh dear, poor boy! I have been wondering what happened to the boy since her last post. :sad: Couldn't believe the school's inflexibility in changing class/teachers. At 11 years old go where? On 2nd thought, if leave GEP, can still attend normal class in the same school right? :scratchhead: But poor boy will be so sad...
Thanks for sharing the blog, ksalways. It was so sad reading the blog post. I can't believe the injustice the poor boy was subjected to.jtoh:
[quote=\"ksasalways\"]Was reading this blog by a mother who was forced to take the painful decision to take her boy out from the GE program.
http://pamlim.blogspot.com/2011/02/sunshine-boy-to-leave-gifted-program.html ....
On another note, I think the blogger is a contributor on this forum.
[/quote]If I'm not wrong, this boy is starting his university soon oversea at 11 years old! We've all learnt a lot from his mum here and I am happy for this family:)
-
Congratulations to all those kids who got in. My daughter’s teacher confirmed that my DD did not get in :-).
-
My son got in to GEP too. Now I am scrambling to find out more information about the program and which school to select. Does anyone know where to search for feedbacks from current GEP student’s mummy?
-
Prettydol:
My son got in to GEP too. Now I am scrambling to find out more information about the program and which school to select. Does anyone know where to search for feedbacks from current GEP student's mummy?
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=30 -
fiona77:
Congrats fiona77! :rahrah:Hi all,
my son got into GEP too, i'm a little bit anxious because i have another son in P1, whose SAP result is not so bad, i want the two can study in the same school in the future.
anyone have the same situation? any suggestion?
As for your situation, you can transfer your P1 boy to the same school too, provided the school has available vacancy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login