Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Mummy keekee's first time reporting

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    6 Posts 4 Posters 1.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K Offline
      keekee
      last edited by

      Hi,


      I am a FTWM with 2 gals. dd1 is in P1 this year while dd2 is still in playgroup. I have not send them for any enrichment lessons so far.

      Hope to learn about parenting from fellow daddies and mummies here. Tks.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • ChiefKiasuC Offline
        ChiefKiasu
        last edited by

        keekee:
        Hi,


        I am a FTWM with 2 gals. dd1 is in P1 this year while dd2 is still in playgroup. I have not send them for any enrichment lessons so far.

        Hope to learn about parenting from fellow daddies and mummies here. Tks.
        Hi Mummy keekee... just realized we forgot to welcome you! If your children are doing fine and you are personally capable of handling their education, it's perfectly fine to forgo any enrichment services.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          schellen
          last edited by

          :welcome: keekee!


          I agree with Chief, keekee. I didn't send my DD (who's 7 now) to any enrichment classes for the sake of learning phonics, how to think or abacus, etc. I only sent her to TumbleTots to burn off her excess energy and MMI in the hope of widening her social circle (very bad choice; MMI, not the widening social circle part). I did send her to ballet and later piano but that was because she asked for it. So don't feel left out that you're not kiasu enough. Sometimes, I don't know why I come here since I'm really not kiasu...when compared to what I read here. ๐Ÿ˜“

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            buds
            last edited by

            Me neither, keekee! :lol:

            I didn't send my girls for
            enrichment nor tuition till
            now... Ermm... but hor...
            i send myself for enrichment
            lessons, so i guide my kiddies
            myself. Save money lah like
            that right, but not kiasu... right... right? ๐Ÿ˜

            Ya, schellen. I agree while Montessori
            curriculum is supposed to encompass
            the many areas in allowing children to
            learn and explore from their hearts, it
            is sad that the teaching strength in many
            places especially MMI, (mebbe due to the
            extreme commercialisation) the true capabilities
            and potential of manpower can be compromised.

            No organisation, no matter how big, branded or
            good, should compromise on good teacher quality.
            And teachers who go into the force... into the industry
            to teach, especially for our young babies and children,
            should come into this for the love of it... for the love
            of teaching.. It's just from the training, it also has to
            come from the heart.

            Sadly... it's not so at times.. ๐Ÿ˜ž

            But hey, here's welcoming you aniwaes, keekee..
            Welcome to KiasuParents!

            :welcome:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              keekee
              last edited by

              Hi chief, schellen, buds,


              Tks for the warm welcome and advice.

              I was contemplating sending dd1 to enrichment classes last yr as I faced difficulties teaching her maths and chinese. Guess itโ€™s because sheโ€™s a dec kid and I spend limited time with her. But recently she has shown improvement. I think her school teacher is able to explain concepts better than me (training does help!). I will monitor her progress to see how she develops.

              Hope to learn more things from all of you.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

              Register Login
              • 1 / 1
              • First post
                Last post



              Online Users

              Statistics

              1

              Online

              211.2k

              Users

              34.5k

              Topics

              1.8m

              Posts
              Popular Topics
              New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
              P1 Registration 2027 Changes
              DSA Discussions and Strategies
              PSLE Discussions and Strategies
              How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
              SkillsFuture course recommendations

                About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy