Mindstretcher - Discussion
-
hi all… happy new year!!
is there any one with kids @ MS @ Punggol branch?
Please share your experience… -
Dear all parents!
I would like to enroll my son’s to Mind Stretcher @ Tampines One. Any advice or experience to share?
English in Pr5.
I asked the Teacher name as Mrs. Koh’s.
Thank you in advance! -
Hi all,
I tried mind stretcher for the primary level for a year. Result? No change. Teaching is minimal, so if you don’t understand the concept, too bad. At the end of the year, they call and ask you for the results so they can advertise that students achieve A or A* becos they studied with them… so how about those who never improved or worse, slide down? 90% of our student get the SAME results!! Yeh!! -
Surf123:
Not surprising as there are so many students in each class. No doubt the brand is famous, what boils down to Mindstretcher being good is that it is more of an enrichment centre. Basically, it is just another branded tuition centre that sounds good to the ear and it invests heavily in advertising (you can see advertisement on the buses) When you tell others that your child is with Mindstretcher's, your face also look good (用钱贴脸. Ultimately, it depends on the type of teachers that the students get too. If you are lucky to get a current school teacher, you are in luck as it makes your every cents worthy.Hi all,
I tried mind stretcher for the primary level for a year. Result? No change. Teaching is minimal, so if you don't understand the concept, too bad. At the end of the year, they call and ask you for the results so they can advertise that students achieve A or A* becos they studied with them.......... so how about those who never improved or worse, slide down? 90% of our student get the SAME results!! Yeh!! -
i have enrolled my sons to mindstrenchers last week at anchorvale branch. I think they expect you to have some foundation in english, if not dun think the kid will be able to do the worksheet.
-
I enrolled my dd to anchorvale for science. Lets see how it goes. If she catch no ball, i m all ready to pull her out. No point they teach minimal and expects parents to coach at home. Then why i send my dd there in the 1st place right?
-
My dd2 is in Maths HA class. Questions are quite tough. Every week, she will have to ask dd1 or her daddy to help solve those more difficult questions. I asked dd2 if she would like to transfer to achiever class but she said no. She actually likes the tougher questions because her school doesn’t ask such tough questions
So long she’s not demoralised, I just let her be. Treat as ‘enrichment’ to stretch her thinking skills.
Already withdrawn her from English though. Yalor, no improvement. -
I have not seen the worksheet. Should be returned to us by this week. Let’s see how is his progress. But for my boy 2 hours really a challenge to him…
-
Every center has their own method, I have nothing against that … I just hate center trying to find students who happen to do well while studying at their center only at the end of the course and couldn’t be bothered with how the child is progressing… worse still are those centers who conduct pre-assessment test, you only select the best students then of course they will do well right?? What a silly concept and EVEN more silly are parents who actually subject their children to this farce… so no matter how great the centers are and all your teachers come from "ex-XXX" top school I rather choose someone who is actually concern with their progress. Parents, can be a bit kiasu which is why we read this forum right but please have some pride in yourself, no need to subject your children to humilation. This is not a top world institution, its just tuition, next time when your child apply for job, cannot put the tuition center down as part of the CV
-
My elder child was in Mind Stretcher for 1.5 yr. I pulled her out as there was no improvement. The class size is too big (cannot expect too much though since it’s one of the cheapest tuition centres around) and most of the time, the students were simply taking down answers from the board.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login