All About GEP
-
Hi, vlim
I had just PM you. Thanks -
[quote=\"thmejlfm\"]Hi! MotherHen
The way you said, was just the same as mine. The Science Project already gave me a lot of headache. Is your DD in P4?
Now, my DD asked for Jiang Lao Shi, Mindscretcher, Science tuition because her classmates have all these. How to squeeze in her time slot. And she refuse to give up her Kumon-Maths. I told her to try it till end of next term. If really cannot handle have to give up.
I will enroll her in Molin for her Chinese. As for Maths and Science, had found one tuition for her. But, have to go to the tutor's house. A bit troublesome! :slapshead:
Hope all these can help her.
Hi thmejlfm, my DD is in P5.
For Kumon, do see how it goes. Like jtoh says, your daughter might become too busy with tuition and schoolwork.
I'm also trying out a Math & Science tutor (once a week at my house). Talking to the tutor, I did pre-empt her that DD might not have time to finish all tuition work given during school term but that we'll try our best. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out
Since they seem to have to do a book review every term, I've asked my DD to work on one during the June hols. You should have a reading list from the school. Maybe that's something your DD can do as well? In any case, June hols will be more conducive for reading and I think they will enjoy and appreciate the book more. -
Hi!
Yes, my DD has to read 3 books during this June Holiday. She was so happy that she has the chance to read because I had restricted her of reading so many story books. All those teenagers story books!
AS for the Kumon, is alright even if she can't finish the homework, the teacher also understand. Actually, the teacher was already expected my DD to withdraw the Kumon in beginning of this year.
I had found one tutor for her Maths and Science. But, has to go to the tutor's house, very troublesome. Reviews said that this tutor is very good, and my DD liked. So, let her try first during this June Holiday.
Did anybody try Nicklebee tutor? Under waiting list.MotherHen:
thmejlfm:
Hi! MotherHen
The way you said, was just the same as mine. The Science Project already gave me a lot of headache. Is your DD in P4?
Now, my DD asked for Jiang Lao Shi, Mindscretcher, Science tuition because her classmates have all these. How to squeeze in her time slot. And she refuse to give up her Kumon-Maths. I told her to try it till end of next term. If really cannot handle have to give up.
I will enroll her in Molin for her Chinese. As for Maths and Science, had found one tuition for her. But, have to go to the tutor's house. A bit troublesome! :slapshead:
Hope all these can help her.
Hi thmejlfm, my DD is in P5.
For Kumon, do see how it goes. Like jtoh says, your daughter might become too busy with tuition and schoolwork.
I'm also trying out a Math & Science tutor (once a week at my house). Talking to the tutor, I did pre-empt her that DD might not have time to finish all tuition work given during school term but that we'll try our best. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out
Since they seem to have to do a book review every term, I've asked my DD to work on one during the June hols. You should have a reading list from the school. Maybe that's something your DD can do as well? In any case, June hols will be more conducive for reading and I think they will enjoy and appreciate the book more. -
What is the breakdown of boy : girl ration in a GEP cohort ?
around 2 : 1 ? -
ngbrdad:
I think so..during the briefing 3 yrs ago..the ge branch mentioned that there are 375 boys and 175 girls for my ds gep cohort.What is the breakdown of boy : girl ration in a GEP cohort ?
around 2 : 1 ? -
vlim:
I think so..during the briefing 3 yrs ago..representative from the ge branch mentioned that there are 375 boys and 175 girls for my ds gep cohort.ngbrdad:
What is the breakdown of boy : girl ration in a GEP cohort ?
around 2 : 1 ? -
So that means for RI DSA basically there will be around 350 boys fighting for 50 places reserved for GEP kids.
Sigh. -
thmejlfm:
Hi,Hi!
Yes, my DD has to read 3 books during this June Holiday. She was so happy that she has the chance to read because I had restricted her of reading so many story books. All those teenagers story books!
AS for the Kumon, is alright even if she can't finish the homework, the teacher also understand. Actually, the teacher was already expected my DD to withdraw the Kumon in beginning of this year.
I had found one tutor for her Maths and Science. But, has to go to the tutor's house, very troublesome. Reviews said that this tutor is very good, and my DD liked. So, let her try first during this June Holiday.
Did anybody try Nicklebee tutor? Under waiting list.
My dd is also in P4 and also has the same problem as your DD. Just gone thru PTM today, and feedback from the Math teacher concerning my dd is no good. She said that my DD is weak in concept and has to attend the remedial class. She mentioned the way that she teach Math in gep class is different from Mainstream Math class. To me, if a student doesn't understand, you as a responsible teacher will have to explain regardless of what method you use. But it seem that that is not the case for this teacher. Hence I might need to engage a tutor if my dd does not improve after attending the remedial lesson.
May I know where/how did you find your tutor as you mentioned that the tutor's review is very good? -
ngbrdad:
I think they can take in more the 50...need vk2010 or others to clarifySo that means for RI DSA basically there will be around 350 boys fighting for 50 places reserved for GEP kids.
Sigh.
-
Just got a reply on the DSA thread.
RI takes in about 180 GEP kids per year eventually.
No wonde my DS met around 20 of his classmates during the open house last weekend.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login