Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About GEP

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved GEP
    6.7k Posts 720 Posters 2.8m Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • F Offline
      Flowermonaster
      last edited by

      Herbie:
      Hi flowermonaster,


      I told my girl to drop syf too but she says
      her ge friends are gg leh and she wants to
      go too!

      Oral presentation is wrt a famous person.
      Mine said if he got selected he wants to participate. My DH was against it. I gave him my support since it will be a great experience for him. I did warn him that it will be tough juggling between SYF training & school work. He will have to be very discipline, must clear his homework, projects, assignment whenever he is free. All his worksheets must be cleared on the same day even if deadline is not next day. This is to prevent accumulating of homework. Project/assignment, he can do bits & pieces whenever he is free. So in other word, he got not much free time.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        musette
        last edited by

        [quote]Mine said if he got selected he wants to participate. My DH was against it. I gave him my support since it will be a great experience for him. [/quote]
        I think it's a wonderful experience to participate in SYF and it's something to add to their CV for DSA! Furthermore SYF will end by May right?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • F Offline
          Flowermonaster
          last edited by

          musette:
          [quote]Mine said if he got selected he wants to participate. My DH was against it. I gave him my support since it will be a great experience for him.

          I think it's a wonderful experience to participate in SYF and it's something to add to their CV for DSA! Furthermore SYF will end by May right?[/quote]Yes, think the competition is 2nd week of April. Hope it won't crash with NSW or SMOPS competition date. :xedfingers:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            MotherHen
            last edited by

            I've been counting the days to April since January šŸ˜„ . By then would be done with SYF, ballet exam (along with all the extra coaching classes), music theory exam, etc. Then dd can finally take a breather and (hopefully) get started on revision for PSLE.


            In the meantime, just praying really really hard that she'll do OK in the upcoming CT....

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              Herbie
              last edited by

              I think smop will be held on 21 apr. Syf will be sometime between 12 to 20 april.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • F Offline
                Flowermonaster
                last edited by

                Herbie:
                I think smop will be held on 21 apr. Syf will be sometime between 12 to 20 april.

                I thought smop will be held on the 14th Apr? According to the notification I received from school. RI Math is on 30th Mar.
                Any idea if SYF will falls on a Sat?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  Herbie
                  last edited by

                  Hi flowermonaster,

                  U are right then on the date for smop. I was juz guessing based on record.

                  As for the date for dyf, i juz took it from from the syf
                  calander shown online.

                  Cheers!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    Bay
                    last edited by

                    Dear Flowermonaster and 'a child',


                    Thanks for the encouragement. It's comforting to know that ds may not be the only one struggling. Hope ds will adapt well and survive P4.

                    Ds is also involve in SYF. In fact, he has 2 ccas. On a typical week, he has to stay back 4 days in school till 4pm (excluding Sat training for SYF). He's reluctant to give up any of his ccas. So I have to stop his external piano lesson instead. Will be stopping his other external sports activity too. He's really upset with what I'm doing but I kept telling him that he has too much on his plate and that he needed rest and play time too. Haha! Not sure if I'm doing the right thing. :xedfingers:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      Bay
                      last edited by

                      [quote=\"sleepyWhat is oral history project?


                      So far only aware of 2 projects. One on family tree, the other is photo journal.

                      Photo journal only spend 30 minutes. Done!
                      Gosh, maybe my dd didn't spend sufficient time researching :nailbite:[/quote]

                      The family tree is part of the Oral History Project.

                      Ds is not a natural writer so he needs a longer time to come out with a decent piece of work. The scrapbook itself already took him half a day.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • F Offline
                        Flowermonaster
                        last edited by

                        Bay:
                        Dear Flowermonaster and 'a child',


                        Thanks for the encouragement. It's comforting to know that ds may not be the only one struggling. Hope ds will adapt well and survive P4.

                        Ds is also involve in SYF. In fact, he has 2 ccas. On a typical week, he has to stay back 4 days in school till 4pm (excluding Sat training for SYF). He's reluctant to give up any of his ccas. So I have to stop his external piano lesson instead. Will be stopping his other external sports activity too. He's really upset with what I'm doing but I kept telling him that he has too much on his plate and that he needed rest and play time too. Haha! Not sure if I'm doing the right thing. :xedfingers:
                        Hi Bay, I can't say if what you're doing is right or wrong but I am sure you should be able to judge if he can handle or not.
                        I also think my DS has too much things on his plate but I am not stopping him even though this is a critical year for him. He will have to learn how to cope if that's what he want to do.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 431
                        • 432
                        • 433
                        • 434
                        • 435
                        • 668
                        • 669
                        • 433 / 669
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy