Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About GEP

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved GEP
    6.7k Posts 720 Posters 2.8m Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Zeal mummyZ Offline
      Zeal mummy
      last edited by

      Kittenprincess\" post_id=\"2047342\" time=\"1637567010\" user_id=\"69025:

      san20sg\" post_id=\"2047327\" time=\"1637560252\" user_id=\"76391:

      [quote=Pebbly post_id=2047304 time=1637551660 user_id=181752]

      Usually the girls will get their first choice of ISO format if they pick irs or ivp. FPS may have an audition or trial of some kind? Best to check with the teacher in charge.

      pardon my ignorance what do all these abbreviations stand for?

      ivp - innovation prog
      iso - individual study option
      fps - future problem solving[/quote]Curious, which school(s) does these? We don’t have any of these and so it piqued my interest. Thanks in advance for sharing!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Zeal mummyZ Offline
        Zeal mummy
        last edited by

        Hehe, today’s GA was quite difficult? Managed to finish but any-how guessed quite a few …

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • K Offline
          Kittenprincess
          last edited by

          Zeal mummy\" post_id=\"2047357\" time=\"1637571382\" user_id=\"58173:[quote=\"Zeal mummy\" post_id=2047357 time=1637571382 user_id=58173]
          Kittenprincess\" post_id=\"2047342\" time=\"1637567010\" user_id=\"69025:

          Curious, which school(s) does these? We don’t have any of these and so it piqued my interest. Thanks in advance for sharing!

          oh i thought all gep centres did it, i may be wrong... mine in rgps.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • skiiS Offline
            skii
            last edited by

            Zeal mummy\" post_id=\"2047358\" time=\"1637571514\" user_id=\"58173:[quote=\"Zeal mummy\" post_id=2047358 time=1637571514 user_id=58173]
            Hehe, today’s GA was quite difficult? Managed to finish but any-how guessed quite a few ..[/quote]
            GA1

            My child mentioned :
            57 qns.

            His exact comments were:
            “Had a bit time to check - challenging and fun. “

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • Zeal mummyZ Offline
              Zeal mummy
              last edited by

              skii\" post_id=\"2047361\" time=\"1637571935\" user_id=\"82603:

              Zeal mummy\" post_id=\"2047358\" time=\"1637571514\" user_id=\"58173:[quote=\"Zeal mummy\" post_id=2047358 time=1637571514 user_id=58173]Hehe, today’s GA was quite difficult? Managed to finish but any-how guessed quite a few ..
              GA1

              My child mentioned :
              57 qns.

              His exact comments were:
              “Had a bit time to check - challenging and fun. “[/quote]
              Yeah I heard it was 40 questions for part 1 and 17 questions for part 2. Total 57.

              Congratulations, his comments are positive! 😆

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • BibinogsB Offline
                Bibinogs
                last edited by

                Is the GA2 tomorrow Math or English based?


                I told my girl the wrong thing…I thought the GA today is English-based (anagrams, word brain teasers etc). She is more geared to Math domain so she found the GA1 pretty fun (in a challenging way) today – she totally got killed by the English component though (she had no idea what they were asking…I reckon she tikamed the whole paper lol). If the GA2 tomorrow is English-based Im sure she will have a bigger headache hahaa

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • skiiS Offline
                  skii
                  last edited by

                  Bibinogs\" post_id=\"2047364\" time=\"1637572609\" user_id=\"163126:

                  Is the GA2 tomorrow Math or English based?

                  I told my girl the wrong thing…I thought the GA today is English-based (anagrams, word brain teasers etc). She is more geared to Math domain so she found the GA1 pretty fun (in a challenging way) today – she totally got killed by the English component though (she had no idea what they were asking…I reckon she tikamed the whole paper lol). If the GA2 tomorrow is English-based Im sure she will have a bigger headache hahaa

                  From what I’ve tried to ask (you know la, parents need special skills to have the kids speaking what we want to know )


                  Todays GA have numbers type, words type and picture type. (I think that’s what I gathered)

                  Not sure what’s tmr GA is going to be like.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • skiiS Offline
                    skii
                    last edited by

                    Zeal mummy\" post_id=\"2047362\" time=\"1637572366\" user_id=\"58173:[quote=\"Zeal mummy\" post_id=2047362 time=1637572366 user_id=58173]
                    skii\" post_id=\"2047361\" time=\"1637571935\" user_id=\"82603:
                    [quote=\"Zeal mummy\" post_id=2047358 time=1637571514 user_id=58173]Hehe, today’s GA was quite difficult? Managed to finish but any-how guessed quite a few ..
                    GA1

                    My child mentioned :
                    57 qns.

                    His exact comments were:
                    “Had a bit time to check - challenging and fun. “[/quote]
                    Yeah I heard it was 40 questions for part 1 and 17 questions for part 2. Total 57.

                    Congratulations, his comments are positive! 😆[/quote]Thanks.
                    He seemed fine.
                    (Playing Nintendo now before dinner. )


                    Actually, I wanted to say : time management is hugely important.
                    1hr20mins for 57 qns.

                    Less than 1.5 min per qns !

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • BibinogsB Offline
                      Bibinogs
                      last edited by

                      Thanks skii…yes I agree with you! Asking kids questions requires special skills…usually I run out of patience halfway haha


                      What I gathered from her - GA1 had some diagrams which she couldnt remember now, was ok but she ran out of time and rushed through the last few questions ; English component was just VERY VERY HARD…

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • skiiS Offline
                        skii
                        last edited by

                        Bibinogs\" post_id=\"2047374\" time=\"1637574047\" user_id=\"163126:

                        Thanks skii...yes I agree with you! Asking kids questions requires special skills..usually I run out of patience halfway haha

                        What I gathered from her - GA1 had some diagrams which she couldnt remember now, was ok but she ran out of time and rushed through the last few questions ; English component was just VERY VERY HARD...
                        I have this book, read abit. Tried a few techniques inside - Doesn’t always work one lo. Hahahah.
                        (Maybe you can try)


                        <<How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk>>
                        - should be a book recommendation from this forum too.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 593
                        • 594
                        • 595
                        • 596
                        • 597
                        • 668
                        • 669
                        • 595 / 669
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy