School boy killed outside school gate
-
绿人仍在闪 男童遭撞死
绿人还在闪,男童在校门口过马路竟被车撞飞20米丧命,愤怒的父亲提出4大控诉,要肇祸司机和学校作交代!
位于三巴旺通道的胜宝旺小学外,昨天发生致命车祸。
该校小四生李宇恒(9岁)下午1时20分在校外被一辆银色汽车撞飞,倒卧20米外,昏迷不醒,送往邱德拔医院急救后,昨晚7时许不治身亡。
死者的家人今早到殓尸房办手续,父亲李南昌(48,杂货店老板)含泪说,儿子死得冤枉,肇祸司机和学校应负责,并提出4大控诉。
家长纷纷拿伞,遮血淋淋男童。完整报道,请翻阅14.01.2012《联合晚报》。
http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201201141500-304700.html
The parents of a young boy killed in a car accident outside his school last Friday want answers.
They want the school to explain why there was no teacher watching the children crossing the road after school had finished. They also want the Education Ministry and the school to make traffic safer in the area.
Primary 4 pupil Lee Yu Heng, nine, was hit by a car last Friday at 1.30pm, just steps away from Sembawang Primary School's entrance in Sembawang Drive. A petition by the boy's father is being circulated among parents of children attending the same school. In it, he asks the Education Ministry to investigate the accident, and calls for better road safety measures outside the school.
'We are angry and we want answers. We want action to be taken so that this will not happen again,' said Mr Lee Nam Cheong, 48, a shopkeeper.
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_755823.html -
please drive with care in school zone !!!
-
Shouldn’t the parents be responsible for their own kid as well??
Much as i hate to say this, shouldn’t MCYS investigate the parents as to whether there is negligence on their part, ie, why didnt they pick up their own kids after school, n instead let their kids walk home themselves?
Does it matter whether the accident happened directly outside the school or outside their hse?? Is outside their hse, then wat?? It will be LTA or traffic police fault (cos no overhead bridge or cos no tp stationed at the traffic lights)?
Current day parent mentality: Blame the whole world except themselves when things are not right! What are we teaching the nex generation? -
vicki:
read the news first : the boy was killed because the motorist did not stop for the pedestrian crossing which was still in favour of the boyShouldn't the parents be responsible for their own kid as well??
Much as i hate to say this, shouldn't MCYS investigate the parents as to whether there is negligence on their part, ie, why didnt they pick up their own kids after school, n instead let their kids walk home themselves?
Does it matter whether the accident happened directly outside the school or outside their hse?? Is outside their hse, then wat?? It will be LTA or traffic police fault (cos no overhead bridge or cos no tp stationed at the traffic lights)?
Current day parent mentality: Blame the whole world except themselves when things are not right! What are we teaching the nex generation?
what is wrong if the kid has to walk home alone ? how many parents can afford not to work and to walk the kid home ?
current day internet forum mentality : don't read the whole story and start slamming ...... -
so sad ... a great pain & loss! parents must be very grieved.
beginnning of a new year such a tragedy befall this family.
so sad. poor child.
all motorists should slow down esp. when approaching school entrance.
the driver guilt stricken forever, bec a child died in his hands. -
Wau lau! The link u gave is for subscribers! So how do I read the full story if I don’t subscribe??
Don’t get me wrong. I thk the driver shd be held accountable. He shd have looked out for pple crossing the road.
But my point is, why blame the school? So wat happens if the boy is crossing the road outside their hse? Who do u blame??
N the mother is a hsewife (per yesterday new paper) so if they are really worried abt safety, they will work somethg out to fit in the ‘fetching’ of kids to n from.
So who is slamming who? -
speeding car :stompfeet:
no speed humps on road? :? -
From Sunday times. Apparently there is no speed humps, only sign it is a school zone is the red colour on the road.
Good reminder for me as a driver, and also lesson for my kids not to be complacent even if lights are in their favour.
That said, my heart goes out to the parents. -
Condolences to the family… can’t even start to imagine the pain the families are experiencing now.
-
The truth is, there are many children killed on the roads. Many are run down by their own parents in other countries (with landed properties), and no matter how careful, accidents can happen. The best is to pray hard that such disasters do not befall our families.
Other than that, as road users, we will have to be a bit more kiasu. I still personally bring my kids to cross the road at 11-12 years old, and even right into their late teens if need be. Not because I doubt their capabilities, but I am worried about other road users. While I cannot control others, I can at least make sure I have done my part.
As a driver, it is hard to be always on guard when driving. There are times I was shocked by myself when I thought I ought to be more careful. I remember knocking down a cyclist when he cycled cross a road because I was driving downslope and couldn't control the speed. Thank God I missed him by 5 inches, and got his wheels, he would otherwise be dead. I also nearly knocked down a teenager years ago when it was raining heavily and I could not see him clearly. All these leave me very afraid to drive fast and make me really careful when using the road and take no chances.
A 9 year-old is still too young to understand the dangers of the road, so I feel that the parent should really be around. Not sure if there were speed bumps, and now is the wake up call to check all schools. There are always busy parents and careless drivers. Any young life is too precious to lose and nothing should be spared to prevent further unnecessary loss.
Condolences to the family.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login