Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Comparing Tuition Centres

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Multi-Disciplinary
    125 Posts 18 Posters 147.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      Blue Pearl
      last edited by

      Anyone has any feeback on True learning centre near to Kovan MRT? Thank you.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • V Offline
        vlogin
        last edited by

        Any idea about frankel tutors around kembangan area?

        I wish to enrol my child for secondary tuition subjects, but not sure which tutors are good?

        Any feedback on Kent Ridge tutors around kembangan area?

        Thanks in advance šŸ™‚

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          manickakumar.013283p
          last edited by

          Dear vlogin,

          I would like to give you a strong recommendation about krtc at kembangan as their tutors are full time professionals. Each tutor is professional in particular subject and its level like either primary or secondary. So, what I feel is your child can good exposure towards the subject professionalism.

          Thanks
          Kumar

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            Lynn2010
            last edited by

            Joyfulheart:
            I sent my daughter for The Learning Lab p5 Math tuition

            for the past 2 terms after she scored only 65%
            for her mid year exam. I am so disappointed that her recent
            SA2 result acrually dropped by more than 10 marks to 53%
            I will not continue with TLL which charges $100 per lesson.

            I think like all centres, it comes down to the teacher who is teaching. They can have good materials but the teachers are important.
            Another thing is teacher comes and go. I remember a centre i sent my dd to, changes the teacher almost every 3 months!!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • L Offline
              Lynn2010
              last edited by

              Wandi_flora:
              Joyfulheart:

              I sent my daughter for The Learning Lab p5 Math tuition

              for the past 2 terms after she scored only 65%
              for her mid year exam. I am so disappointed that her recent
              SA2 result acrually dropped by more than 10 marks to 53%
              I will not continue with TLL which charges $100 per lesson.


              Ai yo...are they teaching her correctly?? Heard all the stories of LL that's why i didnt send my kids there.


              I understand from friends that LL have different type of teachers for different children, that is, their best teachers for gep. I'm not sure how true but a few of my friends said that their children did not improvement after attending LL. I personally have a bad experience with them.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                bbsin
                last edited by

                Anyone kids with the centre now, can advice which centre is good?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  homebunny
                  last edited by

                  Lynn2010:
                  Wandi_flora:

                  [quote=\"Joyfulheart\"]I sent my daughter for The Learning Lab p5 Math tuition

                  for the past 2 terms after she scored only 65%
                  for her mid year exam. I am so disappointed that her recent
                  SA2 result acrually dropped by more than 10 marks to 53%
                  I will not continue with TLL which charges $100 per lesson.


                  Ai yo...are they teaching her correctly?? Heard all the stories of LL that's why i didnt send my kids there.


                  I understand from friends that LL have different type of teachers for different children, that is, their best teachers for gep. I'm not sure how true but a few of my friends said that their children did not improvement after attending LL. I personally have a bad experience with them.[/quote]me too me too, got bad experience with LL, too proud already. i sent my kids to a centre that is not mention by anyone here but all is so far so good šŸ™‚ at cck

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    breleow
                    last edited by

                    homebunny:


                    me too me too, got bad experience with LL, too proud already. i sent my kids to a centre that is not mention by anyone here but all is so far so good šŸ™‚ at cck
                    hello, mind sharing the name of the centre at cck? thanks!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • lee_ylL Offline
                      lee_yl
                      last edited by

                      Wandi_flora:
                      Joyfulheart:

                      I sent my daughter for The Learning Lab p5 Math tuition

                      for the past 2 terms after she scored only 65%
                      for her mid year exam. I am so disappointed that her recent
                      SA2 result acrually dropped by more than 10 marks to 53%
                      I will not continue with TLL which charges $100 per lesson.

                      TLL is an ENRICHMENT center and some parents may have mistaken it as TUITION center.

                      Enrichment center means TLL does not teach the fundamentals and basics but more advanced stuff beyond their current school level. So if a child who scores 65% goes into TLL (at P5), he/she may get even more confused. Join only if you think you want your child to be stretched further, like hoping to see an A becoming A*.


                      Ai yo...are they teaching her correctly?? Heard all the stories of LL that's why i didnt send my kids there.

                      I know of two mummies who kept complaining about the TLL Maths and Science prog :slapshead: (i suspect because of the high fees, parents expected more). In the end, friends' ds (who took maths) and dd (who took science) both scored A* !

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        happymum40
                        last edited by

                        Hi Dinomum, I had decided to go with SmartLab too after seeing their students' review about them on

                        https://www.facebook.com/SmartLabEducation

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 6 / 13
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        OLCTO
                        OLCT
                        32Win7nett3
                        32Win7nett

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy