Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Secondary School Selection 2012

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    770 Posts 168 Posters 207.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      Chenonceau
      last edited by

      jedamum:
      so best opt for dual track? πŸ˜“

      What is dual track please?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • jedamumJ Offline
        jedamum
        last edited by

        Chenonceau:
        jedamum:

        so best opt for dual track? πŸ˜“


        What is dual track please?

        i mean dual track schools,. schools offering both Olevel and IP stream. πŸ˜“

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          Chenonceau
          last edited by

          jedamum:
          Chenonceau:

          [quote=\"jedamum\"]so best opt for dual track? πŸ˜“


          What is dual track please?

          i mean dual track schools,. schools offering both Olevel and IP stream. πŸ˜“[/quote]I dunno leh... I can't really advise because I dunno you and your child well enough. I can only share my own personal choice (which may not be the best choice for others since we all evolve in different situations and have different personalities and have kids with different personalities). Personally, I teach my kids how to learn on their own as they move through primary school. By secondary school, I let them go.

          Whether they can make it to IP or not is irrelevant. I wanna have my own life back to do the things I wanna do (which don't involve my kids) by the time they're in Sec 1. Even if they do 'O' levels, independent study skills are useful. If they do make it to IP, then no worries at all.

          But it is a personal choice and shouldn't be taken as the only RIGHT choice. There are downsides though because my son has recently told me that he wanna move out and go it alone...http://petunialee.blogspot.sg/2012/10/little-boy-wanna-move-out.html

          It's true what they say about being careful what you ask for. You might just get it in a form that makes you uncomfortable. I keep lamenting I don't have a life and I wish I can have my life back. Lo and behold, my son decides he wanna move out!!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • W Offline
            watmekiasu
            last edited by

            phtthp:
            220 is still very far away from ... 250

            Exactly !

            If it is only 220, I would put my feet up and relax now.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              watmekiasu:
              phtthp:

              220 is still very far away from ... 250


              Exactly !

              If it is only 220, I would put my feet up and relax now.

              For my daughter, I have one less worry bcos she has affiliated sec...but 220 is risky too if not strong in languages. She will need to get at least 4 As. I will worry about that 4 years later. Now have to strengthen her English in the meantime.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                BeContented
                last edited by

                janet_lee88:
                watmekiasu:

                [quote=\"phtthp\"]220 is still very far away from ... 250


                Exactly !

                If it is only 220, I would put my feet up and relax now.

                For my daughter, I have one less worry bcos she has affiliated sec...but 220 is risky too if not strong in languages. She will need to get at least 4 As. I will worry about that 4 years later. Now have to strengthen her English in the meantime.[/quote]Hello Janet, think reading your posts will get many people stressed up :scared:
                Based on your postings,
                250 = minimum 2A* + 2A
                220 = at least 4A

                IMO, I dun think 220 is at least 4A (your expectation perhaps).
                Maybe parents who have gone through PSLE can help to clarify so that new PSLE-to-be parents do not get the wrong perception and esp. those who are more average will not get all worked up unnecessarily.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • jedamumJ Offline
                  jedamum
                  last edited by

                  my understanding is also 220 need 4As. πŸ˜“

                  my husband is different cohort as me, but he got 3As plus 1A* donkey years ago, but lower aggregate score than my 4As. πŸ˜“

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • A Offline
                    alng
                    last edited by

                    I am not trying to scare anyone here. πŸ™‚


                    If a student gets average score for all the 4 subjects, his/her T-score will be exactly 200. If the average of 4 subjects is 75% (which I doubt for some subjects like Maths), then one really needs 4A to get a T score of 200!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • jedamumJ Offline
                      jedamum
                      last edited by

                      some one should do a statistics on this!

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        alng
                        last edited by

                        jedamum:
                        my understanding is also 220 need 4As. πŸ˜“

                        my husband is different cohort as me, but he got 3As plus 1A* donkey years ago, but lower aggregate score than my 4As. πŸ˜“
                        This is highly possible because the mark range for A is very wide - 75-90 marks. This is still happening today.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 43
                        • 44
                        • 45
                        • 46
                        • 47
                        • 76
                        • 77
                        • 45 / 77
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy