Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Secondary School Selection 2012

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    770 Posts 168 Posters 208.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      Student of PSLE 2012
      last edited by

      Thanks!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Y Offline
        Yeedeh
        last edited by

        Dreamgear:
        Student of PSLE 2012:

        No.


        U might like to explore appealing just in case... Like dhs is 256, scgs is 252, tjc is 252 if you feel strongly u want a ip route. But have to hurry...

        Erm,just to correct you a while erm TJC cut off point is 251 πŸ˜„

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          A4ANGELA
          last edited by

          Hi


          Can anyone please give me some feedbacks on these 2 schools? Your valued
          comments are important to me! thanks

          Angela :salute:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • N Offline
            noixlml
            last edited by

            Sorry. I am pretty "Sua Ku". May I know what does the +2 mean?


            TIA!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              Skyed
              last edited by

              noixlml:
              Sorry. I am pretty \"Sua Ku\". May I know what does the +2 mean?


              TIA!
              It means a Merit in Higher Chinese. A Pass gives you +1, a Distinction gives you +3. But this only applies to SAP? schools. I can't remember if it applies to only SAP, or only non-SAP.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • N Offline
                noixlml
                last edited by

                Skyed:
                noixlml:

                Sorry. I am pretty \"Sua Ku\". May I know what does the +2 mean?


                TIA!

                It means a Merit in Higher Chinese. A Pass gives you +1, a Distinction gives you +3. But this only applies to SAP? schools. I can't remember if it applies to only SAP, or only non-SAP.


                Thanks Skyed. I guess that won't be in my DS results cuz he is having difficulties in even mainstream Mandarin and Mandarin is my family's kryptonite. That language will prob pull his scores down cuz he is doing relatively well in his other subjects. All High As. Haiz.....

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  Skyed
                  last edited by

                  noixlml:
                  Skyed:

                  [quote=\"noixlml\"]Sorry. I am pretty \"Sua Ku\". May I know what does the +2 mean?


                  TIA!

                  It means a Merit in Higher Chinese. A Pass gives you +1, a Distinction gives you +3. But this only applies to SAP? schools. I can't remember if it applies to only SAP, or only non-SAP.


                  Thanks Skyed. I guess that won't be in my DS results cuz he is having difficulties in even mainstream Mandarin and Mandarin is my family's kryptonite. That language will prob pull his scores down cuz he is doing relatively well in his other subjects. All High As. Haiz.....[/quote]
                  Don't worry, it's was the same for me in primary school, and has been the same in sec school lol. I got A* for Math, Science and English in PSLE, and an A for Chinese (likely a low A). My T score was 254. Now in Secondary school, I'm expecting A1s for almost all my other subjects, yet I'm content with the B3 I've gotten for Chinese in mid year Os.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mummy so kiasu
                    last edited by

                    rrrrrr:
                    I went to Hwa Chong just now. The chance is slim as there is no vacancies currently. Anyway, just wait lah

                    😒
                    River Valley is also a good school. I don't think appeal will be successful ad there will be 261 appealing as well.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      mummy so kiasu
                      last edited by

                      rrrrrr:
                      I went to Hwa Chong just now. The chance is slim as there is no vacancies currently. Anyway, just wait lah

                      😒
                      River Valley is also a good school. I don't think appeal will be successful ad there will be 261 appealing as well.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • M Offline
                        mummy so kiasu
                        last edited by

                        rrrrrr:
                        I went to Hwa Chong just now. The chance is slim as there is no vacancies currently. Anyway, just wait lah

                        😒
                        River Valley is also a good school. I don't think appeal will be successful ad there will be 261 appealing as well.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 73
                        • 74
                        • 75
                        • 76
                        • 77
                        • 76 / 77
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy