Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Puberty

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Working With Your Child
    145 Posts 54 Posters 167.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D Offline
      daisyt
      last edited by

      starlight1968sg:
      I thought the period usually starts when girls enter sec schools.

      I start to worry for my p5 girl. Any obvious signs when the period is about to start? I have long forgotten mine.
      A few signs to watch out, tummy cramp, very moody, mood swing, very tired. It seems to begin with brown discharge first for a few days and stop. This may repeat for a couple of months, then the actual flow would come later.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        cluelessmom
        last edited by

        moonee:

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Hi again, Im back again and just wanted to tell you that my dds period came in September 09, err... at age 9. She has experience two more periods to date.. Well, i think shes handling it quite well, though she wish it would stop forever. :roll:
        Heya moonee, glad tt ur dd is handling it well..... :celebrate:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          moonee
          last edited by

          cluelessmom:
          moonee:


          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Hi again, Im back again and just wanted to tell you that my dds period came in September 09, err... at age 9. She has experience two more periods to date.. Well, i think shes handling it quite well, though she wish it would stop forever. :roll:

          Heya moonee, glad tt ur dd is handling it well..... :celebrate:

          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Hi cluelessmom and daisy,
          yup, I guess shes learning to accept it even though she hates it and cant wait for it to stop each time. I was in a state of blurness when it first came and went round looking for the most comfortable pads to get her, shes tried and wasted alot. She dislike and find pads uncomfortable but manage to find a few brands for different days for her. The first time was abit heavy so for the nite i gave her \"goodnites pullup\" but placed a pad on it too, she found that comfortable. Taught her not to settle for anything less than 28cm as that would cover most areas when she move instead of adjusting a pad thats 22cm. 25cm should be good for light days.
          Just to make her feel better, I reminded her of her diaper days and told her that she used to wear it for a few years except that now.. its blood instead of urine. She complain each time....why must woman have period. Well i explained all of us feel this way some time or other but we all live with it.
          She started in sept09, didnt see next period till Nov and Jan, lasted for a full 7 days. ,,,,,,, I still think its early as her mind is rather young and shes not too conscious of herself yet.
          Actually shes very well developed but unfortunaly not the brain! :lol:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • starlight1968sgS Offline
            starlight1968sg
            last edited by

            Yes, when I was young, I wished it never come and even now, at times, I wish too!


            At the age of 9! OMG, your girl really handled it very well.

            I was told in the schools, p5 girls will be given a talk on this matter. Then all the kids will giggle.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • O Offline
              orchids
              last edited by

              I was told that if the mother got her period early, her daughter would get hers at around the same age as her mom, is this true?


              Is there anyone whose dd did not experience growing spurts after getting her period? I’m curious becos I hope my dd would grow taller when she gets her period.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • D Offline
                daisyt
                last edited by

                moonee:
                Just to make her feel better, I reminded her of her diaper days and told her that she used to wear it for a few years except that now.. its blood instead of urine.

                Hi moonee, I like this part of your explanation. 😄 :celebrate:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • D Offline
                  daisyt
                  last edited by

                  orchids:
                  I was told that if the mother got her period early, her daughter would get hers at around the same age as her mom, is this true?


                  Is there anyone whose dd did not experience growing spurts after getting her period? I'm curious becos I hope my dd would grow taller when she gets her period.
                  Yes, I have heard about this too. Quite true for dd and my case, we started around the same age.

                  As for growing, in another topic, someone mention, usually would stop growing taller one year after period. As regards to grow sideway, I am not very sure. 😄

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    moonee
                    last edited by

                    orchids:
                    I was told that if the mother got her period early, her daughter would get hers at around the same age as her mom, is this true?


                    Is there anyone whose dd did not experience growing spurts after getting her period? I'm curious becos I hope my dd would grow taller when she gets her period.

                    Not so true , i had mine when I was early 14 and my dd at 9 😢 maybe she grew up eating chicken rice while I had mash potatoes :lol: Oh yes my daughter was growing very fast last year but now she has slowed down a little neverthless still growing but at normal \"speed\"
                    After her first period she asked me whether she can have a baby. :!: I thought she wanted to engage in sex but i realised she associated period with reproduction.. .she recently told me she does not know in detail how a baby is made.. I thought she knew as her friends do discuss such issues but seems like they dont know the details. Im not telling as im waiting to see how much she knows.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • O Offline
                      orchids
                      last edited by

                      Hi daisyt and moonie,


                      So my dd still got chance to grow taller. Btw, after your dd got her period, does she behave & think more maturely. I don’t remember I experience much changes myself, but kids are so different nowadays so can share your experiences?

                      TIA.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • starlight1968sgS Offline
                        starlight1968sg
                        last edited by

                        There was a report in the papers on More under 14 having sex (?)


                        I took the chance to tell dd more about the birds and bees thing.

                        In the end, she asked why they do it. :roll:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 14
                        • 15
                        • 10 / 15
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy