Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Share your labour experience

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Recess Time
    105 Posts 45 Posters 37.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T Offline
      TimmyOwner
      last edited by

      Thanks for all your replies.


      I am thinking of having 3 or more children but be'cos my first was via c-sect for medical reasons, my gynea strongly encouraged me for c-section for my future children too.

      We are blessed to have children whether natural or c-section. :lol:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • R Offline
        RRMummy
        last edited by

        TimmyOwner:
        Thanks for all your replies.


        I am thinking of having 3 or more children but be'cos my first was via c-sect for medical reasons, my gynea strongly encouraged me for c-section for my future children too.

        We are blessed to have children whether natural or c-section. :lol:
        Actually, for my 2nd pregnancy, my gynae say can still go for natural if I want. If not for the high risk of trauma for tiny DD2, we would have tried to go natural...

        My sis was also encouraged by her gynae to go C-sect for 2nd preggie after 1st preggie c-sect. Gynae say high risk of rupture at site of 1st c-sect. After we discussed, we supported her to go natural. She successfully delivered her DD via natural w/o epidural a mth ago. :love:

        My Gynae said if 1st one c-sect, subsequent can be natural. If first 2 births by c-sect then 3rd and last preggie must be via c-sect. The biggest risk is the rupture at the c-section operation site.

        During my parents generation, c-sect max 2 births. C-sect right across the lower abdomen. Now, small nice cut along the lower end of our big buldging tummy. And 2nd cut will be done on the same spot of the first cut. So nice, neat and tidy.

        p/s. Silly me thought that will be different cut line for each c-sect I have. I was joking with my hubs, next time ppl ask me got how many kids, I will lift up my t-shirt and ask them to count the scars. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Only found out when I had a chat with Gynae after 2nd delivery. :lol:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          cherrygal
          last edited by

          I have 2 buds - 1 ds and 1 dd, both Vac assisted.


          First birth no epidural thanks to sadistic docโ€™s advice. I was a crazy woman for 24 hours - and the nurse even came in to tell me not to scream so loud as I was scaring those outside. It was middle of the night already so even if I wanted epidural, it was too late. So I took massive amounts of gas and had a pethidine injection to the hip. All useless.

          Second birth - now I am smart - I got my epidural the moment I felt contractions. Happinessโ€ฆ I could chitchat, watch HBO etc but they didnโ€™t allow me to eat coz the after effects were vomiting and chills. I was shaking so much after they removed the epidural but it was worth it coz I had no pain even as they stuck their finger in to measure the dilation. I was just asked to push when the time came. DD came in 6 hours of contractions.

          If people ask me, I will definitely recommend epidural but make sure you take it early.

          For those who are thinking of VBAC or elect c-section to remain "tight" down there, you need to be aware that c-section is a major abdominal surgery, going through many layers of fat and tissue. The incision will cause a lot of scarring internally, not just that small pretty scar on your bikini line. This is the reason why some have rupturing if they try VBAC.

          Also, as you have never given birth via the vagina before, the labor will be long (like most first-timers). This adds extra stress on the baby and mom. My gynae had a case like that (VBAC) and he said he regretted not forcing the mother to do c-section for her 2nd baby. She had complications during birth and the baby had to spend a month in neonatal ICU.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • R Offline
            RRMummy
            last edited by

            LKVM:

            Same here RRMummy... ๐Ÿ˜‰ I too thought different scars for different pregnancy... hahahaha

            I had to go for emergency C-section during DS1 due to his high fever and after 12 hrs only his head could come out :stupid:

            DS2 had c-section too....
            :hi5:

            ehh.. I learnt something new today - baby in tummy can have high fever? Scary leh...

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • R Offline
              RRMummy
              last edited by

              cherrygal:
              you need to be aware that c-section is a major abdominal surgery, going through many layers of fat and tissue. The incision will cause a lot of scarring internally, not just that small pretty scar on your bikini line. This is the reason why some have rupturing if they try VBAC.

              Correct. I could smell my burnt fats, muscles and flesh during my second c-sect. :roll: The recovery for C-sect is also longer and the pain and care also last longer compared to VBAC.

              Some think I'm crazy but sad to say I have 2 gals but have not tasted any pain of contractions before.. ๐Ÿ˜ž

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                brndette21
                last edited by

                For all the mummies here, congratulations to all of you. You are very strong in giving birth to your little precious one. Either, normal or not, the important is you overcome it all, from pregnancy period until giving birth. And I admire all the mothers whom they make everything for their kids, especially to my mom of course.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • MMMM Offline
                  MMM
                  last edited by

                  cherrygal:
                  I was a crazy woman for 24 hours - and the nurse even came in to tell me not to scream so loud as I was scaring those outside.

                  Cherrygal... I can't help but comment on this. Wonder if we gave birth on the same day :lol:

                  It was my 3rd but most complicated delivery and I heard someone screaming next door in the middle of a delivery that \"Wo bu yao sheng le !!!!!!!!!\". That was my 1st experience without epidural (gynae's advice since I have HELLP) and my platecount was too low (had to undergo transfusion at the same time). They are worried my blood cannot clot properly and will have further implications so he said no epidural.

                  Hearing someone next door screamed like that really scares me even though it's my 3rd ๐Ÿ˜

                  My sec school teacher once described the experience to us. I fully understand what she meant at my 3rd pregnancy. It's so pain that when they cut you, you don't feel it anymore. Yes... you can feel someone sewing you up or cutting you but the pain is no longer incremental.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    cherrygal
                    last edited by

                    MMM:
                    cherrygal:

                    I was a crazy woman for 24 hours - and the nurse even came in to tell me not to scream so loud as I was scaring those outside.


                    Cherrygal... I can't help but comment on this. Wonder if we gave birth on the same day :lol:

                    It was my 3rd but most complicated delivery and I heard someone screaming next door in the middle of a delivery that \"Wo bu yao sheng le !!!!!!!!!\". That was my 1st experience without epidural (gynae's advice since I have HELLP) and my platecount was too low (had to undergo transfusion at the same time). They are worried my blood cannot clot properly and will have further implications so he said no epidural.

                    Hearing someone next door screamed like that really scares me even though it's my 3rd ๐Ÿ˜

                    My sec school teacher once described the experience to us. I fully understand what she meant at my 3rd pregnancy. It's so pain that when they cut you, you don't feel it anymore. Yes... you can feel someone sewing you up or cutting you but the pain is no longer incremental.

                    :lol: hahaha, I don't think tatz me coz I didn't scream in Chinese. It was more of \"ouch ouch ouch\". Near the final stage, I told my gynae to just get ds out of me! He was \"huh\" (coz nearly 3am) and he came in slippers and shorts, half awake.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      cherrygal
                      last edited by

                      RRMummy:
                      :hi5:

                      ehh.. I learnt something new today - baby in tummy can have high fever? Scary leh...
                      I guess it's due to infection... the ICU case I mentioned in my post was due to meconium in the amniotic fluid. As the labor was long, the baby got distressed and passed meconium (baby's first motion) inside the water bag. So, the baby got infection and both mother and baby can have fever. This usually happens to overdue babies or big-sized babies. The gynae detected meconium in the fluid but the mother was adamant on natural birth (coz she wanted the experience) despite being warned. So he regret not forcing her to c-section.

                      Gals, just listen to doctors next time... dun be heroine at the expense of your own life or child's life. Better to be kiasi and kiasu.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • R Offline
                        RRMummy
                        last edited by

                        LKVM:

                        Yes dear and suddenly I too had high fever though my whole pregnancy was very nice and normal... but then my DS1 head was almost coming out phew we both have high fever they could give me panadol but wat bout baby so they did emergency C-section... and had to keep baby in special care for 3 days but then all was fine later on...

                        Only problem was I was discharged and he still have to kept for another 2 days extra that was like horrible time
                        I can imagine that it must have been a very tough time.. being separated..I know of a few cases whereby baby had to stay back due to jaundice.. so stressful..but at least they are in good hands.. so I had a friend who purposely extend stay in hospital just to be with baby!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 9 / 11
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy