Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Comparing Math Enrichment Programmes

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Mathematics
    808 Posts 414 Posters 466.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A Offline
      aqeqiq
      last edited by

      moonee:
      My girl is in p5, I missed the on sponge holiday classes last yr, if it's the heuristic method their using, wouldn't mathsheuristic at gold hill b equally good?

      I cnt decide which holiday class I should let my girl try as she will b in p6 next yr n no time to try out too many centers next yr.
      I have only used their p4 asst book. The methods they use are primarily model, units and branch as far as I can see.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • L Offline
        LLTan
        last edited by

        When is the Onsponge holiday programmes?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          CMF
          last edited by

          LLTan:
          When is the Onsponge holiday programmes?

          There are some details here : http://www.onsponge.com/learn/workshops.html

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            JL-NG
            last edited by

            Hi Kay22,


            Can I find out more about OnSponge tuition, as in how is your child benefitting from it? I called up the centre and they told me they do not cover Section A which is a bit of concern for me. How long does it take to see the improvement in grades for your child?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              kay22
              last edited by

              JL-NG:
              Hi Kay22,


              Can I find out more about OnSponge tuition, as in how is your child benefitting from it? I called up the centre and they told me they do not cover Section A which is a bit of concern for me. How long does it take to see the improvement in grades for your child?
              Hi JL-NG

              Yes, OnSponge tackles mainly Paper 2 questions which carry the bulk of the marks for whole paper. So far, I can see that my child is handling these questions faster and using the correct method. Though both myself and my child have a shock beginning of this year due to the huge gap between P4 & P5 maths, now I can see that my girl is more confidence and still maintaining her \"A\". We hope she can move up to \"A*\" by mid of P6.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                allcc6
                last edited by

                kay22:


                Hi JL-NG

                Yes, OnSponge tackles mainly Paper 2 questions which carry the bulk of the marks for whole paper. So far, I can see that my child is handling these questions faster and using the correct method. Though both myself and my child have a shock beginning of this year due to the huge gap between P4 & P5 maths, now I can see that my girl is more confidence and still maintaining her \"A\". We hope she can move up to \"A*\" by mid of P6.
                Appreciate yr advice :

                1. Do your Onsponge tutor use their Onsponge bks to teach?

                - If yes, can parents buy their books online & self-teach the children instead?

                - Does yr tutor give yr child additional materials to practise/work on?

                2. Which centre is yr child at?

                3. What is the max no. of students per class?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • 2 Offline
                  24hr-mum
                  last edited by

                  eh side track a bit, any feedback on mathheuristic?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • K Offline
                    kay22
                    last edited by

                    allcc6:
                    kay22:



                    Hi JL-NG

                    Yes, OnSponge tackles mainly Paper 2 questions which carry the bulk of the marks for whole paper. So far, I can see that my child is handling these questions faster and using the correct method. Though both myself and my child have a shock beginning of this year due to the huge gap between P4 & P5 maths, now I can see that my girl is more confidence and still maintaining her \"A\". We hope she can move up to \"A*\" by mid of P6.

                    Appreciate yr advice :

                    1. Do your Onsponge tutor use their Onsponge bks to teach?

                    - If yes, can parents buy their books online & self-teach the children instead?

                    - Does yr tutor give yr child additional materials to practise/work on?

                    2. Which centre is yr child at?

                    3. What is the max no. of students per class?

                    Hi hi...

                    My answers to your qns:
                    Q1) Sometimes, the tutor will use their Onsponge Assessment book. You can buy it online but for me, I do not really know how to teach based on their book. So I prefer to send my DD to lesson to learn instead.

                    The tutor mainly provides additional notes to teach and yes, he will give them extra exercises to do which he compile himself, not from the book.

                    Q2) My child is at Yishun branch.

                    Q3) Max number of students per class is 8.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      JL-NG
                      last edited by

                      Hi kay22,


                      Thanks for your reply. My girl is currently with another tuition centre for 2yrs and her grades are dipping from 70s to 50s (recently from her CA2). This is very worrying for me as she moving on to P4 next yr and its going to be tougher. I am now considering OnSponge and hope I have make a right decision.

                      Sorry, another question. You mention there are notes given by the tutor. Are they formula /strageties as a guide for easy reference?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • K Offline
                        kay22
                        last edited by

                        JL-NG:
                        Hi kay22,


                        Thanks for your reply. My girl is currently with another tuition centre for 2yrs and her grades are dipping from 70s to 50s (recently from her CA2). This is very worrying for me as she moving on to P4 next yr and its going to be tougher. I am now considering OnSponge and hope I have make a right decision.

                        Sorry, another question. You mention there are notes given by the tutor. Are they formula /strageties as a guide for easy reference?
                        Hi hi... the notes are not a lot though. Just some of the explanations, e.g. on Angles, what are the different types of angles, etc...

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 80
                        • 81
                        • 11 / 81
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy