Comparing Math Enrichment Programmes
-
san20sg\" post_id=\"2060639\" time=\"1646537036\" user_id=\"76391:
The teacher at Concept math takes 1.5 hours to go through 4 guided examples with the class?san20sg\" post_id=\"2060670\" time=\"1646551398\" user_id=\"76391:[quote=san20sg post_id=2060670 time=1646551398 user_id=76391]I think they have copyrighted the worksheet (printed and stated on every page of the worksheet itself) so I cannot put up on the forum. One class is about 1.5 hours long.
One set is about 15pages, with about 4 pages guided sums and 4 pages sums as homework. They usually do have 1-2 more challenging questions that I do not know how to do, but then my Maths is quite bad unlike my hub. My hub should be able to do them.
The problem is, my son does not know how to do after tuition class, these homework problem sums, not just the hard ones and when I ask him about the guided examples, he does not know either. I do not know why he is like this, and what is the reason for being so clueless after tuition class. He isn't such a weak student in Maths and can score almost full last year.
He has been selected for GEP first round but he wasn't a top kid kind either. He does work really slowly and is very bad at Chinese.
Did you check your with son how did he find the Concept math tuition class? Was it taught in an engaging manner or did it simply consist of copying solutions off the white board? -
Liew Nga Wing\" post_id=\"2060685\" time=\"1646556369\" user_id=\"195250:[quote=\"Liew Nga Wing\" post_id=2060685 time=1646556369 user_id=195250]
Please share your friend's handphone contact with me too! Grateful for your help!
I have spoken to my boardgames friend who has graduated as Master of Mathematics in NUS (I have mentioned him before in other thread) about your son suitation and he said he is willing to accept a cheaper tuition fee and see in what way can help your son. I will PM you his handphone number and you may liaison direct with him on your requirement.[/quote] -
tinker_bell\" post_id=\"2060805\" time=\"1646648996\" user_id=\"194652:
I have PM you his hp number and the message is still in my outbox at present. Let me know once you get it.
Please share your friend's handphone contact with me too! Grateful for your help! -
zeit.\" post_id=\"2060795\" time=\"1646644220\" user_id=\"194295:
Yes I did. He is so bad at heuristics
Is it Heuristics he is struggling to internalise? E.g. repeated identity, branching, assumption, grouping, No x Value, equal stage, U & P, etc. ?
Why don't you buy him the Onsponge assessment books to do during the upcoming holidays? Or hire a pte tutor just to teach him heuristics to close his gaps? Best to master Fractions, Percentage and Ratio this year. I understand these 3 topics comprised a high % in past years' PSLE papers.
Next year, last common topics like Speed, Circles, Geometry, Nets and Data & Stats will come in fast & furious, and I doubt SEAB would cancel these for PSLE 2023. These can be taught by your hubby as they are no different from what our generation did in school eons ago.
he cannot even do the P3 onsponge book. I am intending to complete the P3 onsponge book with him this March holiday (hopefully?)
I'm so stressed!! I'm not very good at math myself don't say teach!! Sighs!! -
tinker_bell\" post_id=\"2060804\" time=\"1646648746\" user_id=\"194652:
No it was a set of 15 pages. 4 guided examples and 4 hwk sums, takes up about 8 pages. The rest are all Section A/B stuff. My boy doesn't need any help on Section A/B usually, he can score near full in this section.
The teacher at Concept math takes 1.5 hours to go through 4 guided examples with the class?
Did you check your with son how did he find the Concept math tuition class? Was it taught in an engaging manner or did it simply consist of copying solutions off the white board?
All his issues are in problem sums; he can get 50% or even fail in Section C sighs -
san20sg\" post_id=\"2060942\" time=\"1646745410\" user_id=\"76391:
You don't stress yourself first. When you DS know that you are stress on his study, he may feel very sad and helpless. There are always solutions for a problem. 事情总有解决的办法. So have a good sleep first. Good night.
I'm so stressed!! I'm not very good at math myself don't say teach!! Sighs!! -
san20sg\" post_id=\"2060943\" time=\"1646745550\" user_id=\"76391:
I have PM you as my colleague is willing to help and hope you can reply my message soon.
No it was a set of 15 pages. 4 guided examples and 4 hwk sums, takes up about 8 pages. The rest are all Section A/B stuff. My boy doesn't need any help on Section A/B usually, he can score near full in this section.
All his issues are in problem sums; he can get 50% or even fail in Section C sighs -
Thanks Nga Wing!
-
san20sg\" post_id=\"2060942\" time=\"1646745410\" user_id=\"76391:
I hope the onsponge book that you bought him, is the “essential” one and not the “conquer” one?
Yes I did. He is so bad at heuristics
he cannot even do the P3 onsponge book. I am intending to complete the P3 onsponge book with him this March holiday (hopefully?)
I'm so stressed!! I'm not very good at math myself don't say teach!! Sighs!! -
Zeal mummy\" post_id=\"2061066\" time=\"1646821025\" user_id=\"58173:[quote=\"Zeal mummy\" post_id=2061066 time=1646821025 user_id=58173]
It is unfortunately the conquer one. I will be buying the essential one for P4 after that.
I hope the onsponge book that you bought him, is the “essential” one and not the “conquer” one?[/quote]
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
Online Users
Statistics
Popular Topics