P2 Math - General Discussion
-
:oops: sorry yewtee mum, will amend it in my post above...
-
Tinkerbelle:
Hi,
Yes, I find it hard to teach as I do not understand the model method.coolit:
[quote=\"ksi\"]
You are not alone...
Any tips on how to learn this or do so?
My DD and I find Fan-Math i-Excel (Heuristic and Model Approach) useful. It's a series of books for P1-P6. It covers some common heuristic (non-routine) questions and models. The P1 book even provides stickers for beginners to better visualise the models.
Fan-Math also has a set of assessment book cum CD-Rom (Model as a tool) for P2 aqnd P3. It's an interactive lesson that kids and adults would enjoy. Maybe you can go to their website and try their demo. Cost is $88 (promo price) for 12 month subsription. Works out to be about $7.33 per month... :lol: However, it's coming to year end so I don't know if they can pro-rate.
The website is http://www.fan-learning.com.sg[/quote]Hi,
Where can i find the Fan Math i-Excel (Heuristic and Model Approach) P1-P6? From Popular? -
Jojo_2010:
Hi
Where can i find the Fan Math i-Excel (Heuristic and Model Approach) P1-P6? From Popular?
Yes, you can find them in Popular Bookstores.
Best wishes -
tianzhu:
Do you know which popular got Level1?
HiJojo_2010:
Where can i find the Fan Math i-Excel (Heuristic and Model Approach) P1-P6? From Popular?
Yes, you can find them in Popular Bookstores.
Best wishes -
Jojo_2010:
Hi
Do you know which popular got Level1?
Please follow this link for the store location.
https://www.popular.com.sg/jsp/main_page/store_location.jsp
You may call them to find out more.
Best wishes -
Hi
In P2, when will be the models introduced? Mid year or from the beginning?
In the text book, it was somewhere in the middle.
Any idea? Thank you in advance. -
My son was taught ‘Models’ only at P3…considered late and hard for him to implement. A teacher-friend advised me to teach daughter to use Models at P1 and it will become a habit…Section C Maths exam paper gives 4 marks per question…if models are not shown during workings, then the full 4 marks won’t be given.
Bought the full set of ‘Fan Math i-Excel’ from Popular…25% discount. However, I prefer Simon Eio ‘Step by Step. Problem-solving using Models’ instead. -
Thank you Janet. Then I start teaching the models now. In fact, I must learn/understand first.
-
Harishita:
Thank you Janet. Then I start teaching the models now. In fact, I must learn/understand first.
I went through the 'Fan Math i-Excel' with hubby...he said one of the books on 'Heuristics & Model Approach' is rather tough and pref used in Term 3. Don't get the whole set even though there is a 25% discount...there is a 'CA and SA' which may not be of use since there isn't CA and SA for P1s in some schools. -
Ok. Noted. Thank your suggestions.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login