Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    P2 Math - General Discussion

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary 2
    1.1k Posts 177 Posters 567.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • I Offline
      Idono
      last edited by

      Yes, school started. I can understand Part-whole model and comparison models.... he do not quite get it for some reason.... I ran out of ideas on how to explain all these.....

      teh_oh:
      Hi Idono,
      Have the school started teaching modelling?
      I had trouble making my child understand models when I tried to teach him in P1. But it took only a few lessons from his Math teacher and now he is better at modelling than I am :oops: .
      To start, P1/2 modelling is essentially 2 typees; Part-Whole model and Comparison model (I think there will be 'multiplication modelling and division modelling at a later stage although I am not well-versed in it). The child must first know how to differentiate when to use which. I did not know that when I was frantically trying to teach my child how to draw models based on the problem sum. It was my child who first introduced these 2 'new terms' to me. :oops:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • A Offline
        Anna Ng
        last edited by

        my friend asked me this P2 Math question, can somebody help? the answer is 73, but how to get 73?

        http://postimage.org/image/2qhptxcec/

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • O Offline
          optimistforum
          last edited by

          ksi:
          This is part of the P1/P2 syllabus in understanding ORDINAL NUMBERS. In most questions, they would ask the children to identify which position is the person in from the left or from the right. In this question, it takes one more step in using the understanding of ordinal numbers to find the total in the row. This is also quite a standard question especially in queue situations, they like to know total number of people in the queue.


          To me, this is practical math, when you are holidaying in Mexico if you are taking him to any children's playland where queueing in a must, try to play a practical game with him to ask him if he is standing in position X and you in position Y, how many people are in the queue if he does not need to count one by one....perhaps he would see the connection and be able to understand this better. Good luck
          Hi KSI

          I have tried with this, however, believe it or not DS1 is more interested in swimming here.

          I will try the question again when we get back to England, next week.

          We are all sunburnt and dying to get back home. Mexico is not all it is cracked up to be. :x The fellow tourists, especially from Canada, are wonderful companions 😄

          PS, to Anna Ng, this is a difficult question and I cannot get t5he answer too.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • corneyAmberC Offline
            corneyAmber
            last edited by

            Anna Ng:
            my friend asked me this P2 Math question, can somebody help? the answer is 73, but how to get 73?

            http://postimage.org/image/2qhptxcec/
            Hi, Can you post a clearer image....I cannot see the numbers...blur and too small.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • corneyAmberC Offline
              corneyAmber
              last edited by

              optimistforum:

              Hi KSI

              I have tried with this, however, believe it or not DS1 is more interested in swimming here.

              I will try the question again when we get back to England, next week.

              We are all sunburnt and dying to get back home. Mexico is not all it is cracked up to be. :x The fellow tourists, especially from Canada, are wonderful companions 😄

              PS, to Anna Ng, this is a difficult question and I cannot get t5he answer too.
              If he likes swimming perhaps you can use swimming to teach ordinal numbers, it will appeal to him better.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                Anna Ng
                last edited by

                ksi:
                Anna Ng:

                my friend asked me this P2 Math question, can somebody help? the answer is 73, but how to get 73?

                http://postimage.org/image/2qhptxcec/

                Hi, Can you post a clearer image....I cannot see the numbers...blur and too small.

                oh, this is the best i can do. If u keen i can pm u

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • C Offline
                  Callie Tan
                  last edited by

                  I also don’t know how to derive the answer…

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • J Offline
                    Jcong
                    last edited by

                    Pls help me


                    Jovi had 2 strings, string A and string B.Initially, string A was thrice the length of string B. Jovi then cut 9.1m from string A and 140 cm from string B. The length of string B became 1.5 times of string A. What was the length of string A at first? Express your answer in centimeters.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      Jcong
                      last edited by

                      There are 9 stacks of chairs in the hall. There are 12 chairs in each stack. Mohan places eac chair equally spaced apart to form the perimeter of a rectangle. If the number of chairs placd along its length is thrice the numbr of chairs palced along its breadth, how many chairs are placed along one of the length of the rectangle?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • J Offline
                        Jcong
                        last edited by

                        Mrs Tan bought 4 times as many toy guns as teddy bears. She spent $1750 altogether. A toy gun cost $10 less than a teddy bear. The total cost of toy guns was $490 more than the cost of teddy bears.


                        (a) How much did Mrs Tan spend on the teddy bears?

                        (b) How much did one teddy bear cost?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 88
                        • 89
                        • 90
                        • 91
                        • 92
                        • 107
                        • 108
                        • 90 / 108
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy