Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    [Bukit Timah] Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    2.6k Posts 324 Posters 1.2m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      metz
      last edited by

      RGPS - 93 app outside 2 km.


      Vacancy avail - 39

      Good luck!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • P Offline
        Poohbear
        last edited by

        My fren just sms me.. her kid got into PeiHwa within 1 km without ballot πŸ™‚

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          shuting28
          last edited by

          Karen2002:
          [may i know where did u get this info for peihwa , u are so resourceful πŸ˜„

          Oh...i juz called them πŸ˜‰ by the way...it comfirmed that @ 5.20pm....no balloting within 1km πŸ˜„

          Gee....my girl managed to get in :celebrate:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • K Offline
            Karen2002
            last edited by

            finally can hv a good sleep to 9

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • ChiefKiasuC Offline
              ChiefKiasu
              last edited by

              Karen2002:
              finally can hv a good sleep to 9

              Good for you Karen2002. :congrats:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                Busymom
                last edited by

                Luanee:


                SCGS is very 'hot' this year. Some mummies have posted in another thread that there may be balloting under 1km this year for 2C. On the other hand NYPS did not have balloting for 2B since the past few years. Maybe u can register ur dd under 2B in NYPS first, then see whether balloting is required under 2C. If balloting is required for SCGS, ur decision may be easier then.

                In my opinion, both are good schools. But I would think having both kids in the same school would be easier from logistics point of view. JMHO.
                I tend to agree with you, as this was precisely what I said a few days ago to DH. I was too torn over the two schools, and I said that it's impossible to make a choice, so let's just go for phase 2B if we can. You are so right about phase 2C this year. I just saw on SCGS's website that there would be balloting for those <1km. I find it hard to believe, especially when the birthrate in 2003 was one of the lowest (the lowest was in 2004). On further analysis, there are actually less vacancies available for phase 2C this year as compared to other years as more places have been taken up in the earlier phases. So you are definitely right, I may not even have the luxury of choice next year.

                I must say you are pretty good in your guesswork.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • L Offline
                  Luanee
                  last edited by

                  Busymom:
                  I tend to agree with you, as this was precisely what I said a few days ago to DH. I was too torn over the two schools, and I said that it's impossible to make a choice, so let's just go for phase 2B if we can. You are so right about phase 2C this year. I just saw on SCGS's website that there would be balloting for those <1km. I find it hard to believe, especially when the birthrate in 2003 was one of the lowest (the lowest was in 2004). On further analysis, there are actually less vacancies available for phase 2C this year as compared to other years as more places have been taken up in the earlier phases. So you are definitely right, I may not even have the luxury of choice next year.


                  I must say you are pretty good in your guesswork.
                  Haha not entirely my guesswork, I just pieced together the info I got from other threads all over the forum. Glad u find it useful πŸ™‚

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P Offline
                    pq050603
                    last edited by

                    i thought of putting my girl in nanyang pri…but i guess i got to do PV…is it true?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • L Offline
                      Luanee
                      last edited by

                      pq050603:
                      i thought of putting my girl in nanyang pri....but i guess i got to do PV.......is it true?

                      Yes, if u do not wish to ballot under phase 2C (assuming u stay within 1km) based on past years' trend.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        BigDevil
                        last edited by

                        pq050603:
                        i thought of putting my girl in nanyang pri....but i guess i got to do PV.......is it true?

                        Mind you...NYPS is very selective of their PVs since they have an abundance of applicants. Also, their PVs need to put in 80 :!: hours of work instead of the 40 required at most other schools.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 33
                        • 34
                        • 35
                        • 36
                        • 37
                        • 261
                        • 262
                        • 35 / 262
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy