[Bukit Timah] Primary Schools
-
BigDevil:
:!:NYPS 2B Update:
under 1km : 20
1-2 km : 9
Over 2km : 22
Total : 51 for 36 places.
No balloting for those under 2km.
Balloting for over 2km - 22 for 7 places. -
BigDevil:
I did not mention taking the places away from 2C so please don't jump the gun.sassy:
Excess of 5 applicants aren't that hard for the school to accommodate, don't you think?
So if it's ok to accommodate the extra 5, then what about extra 6? 10?
Where are these extra places coming from? Take them away from 2C?
What do you think parents going for 2C when they hear there are now
5 less places for them?
That is why I said I hope the schools can up their intake. I understand that they are trying to keep the class to a maximum of 30 for pr 1 & 2 but they increase it to 40 come primary 3. A lot of parents at my son's school think 10 less pupils in the class does not equate to more time, attention or effort spent on them. That was the case for my son's school, I don't speak for the rest.
Physically, every classroom is more or less of the same size so I gathered the capacity to accommodate the students has not reached its maximum. -
dine:
Is the school going to call us and confirm the balloting? Or do we just pop by on wednesday? Good luck to all of us.
Hi Sassy,sassy:
I think MGS will continue to be a top choice for those living within 1km. I do hope they will consider to up their intake and save parents from much anguish.
I can't help feeling frustrated knowing I have to go for balloting... This is going to be a long weekend. I find it ridiculous that 43 applicants living within 1km have to ballot for 38 vacancies. Excess of 5 applicants aren't that hard for the school to accommodate, don't you think?
In the same boat as you...was shock initially. Now feeling nervous for wed.
-
sassy:
Is the school going to call us and confirm the balloting? Or do we just pop by on wednesday? Good luck to all of us.[/quote]According to info at registration, the balloting is at 8am on Wed. Not necessary for parents to turn up but guess many will.
Hi Sassy,dine:
[quote=\"sassy\"]I think MGS will continue to be a top choice for those living within 1km. I do hope they will consider to up their intake and save parents from much anguish.
I can't help feeling frustrated knowing I have to go for balloting... This is going to be a long weekend. I find it ridiculous that 43 applicants living within 1km have to ballot for 38 vacancies. Excess of 5 applicants aren't that hard for the school to accommodate, don't you think?
In the same boat as you...was shock initially. Now feeling nervous for wed.
-
good luck u guys!
-
what are the chance under 2c for both school now?
<1km for PHPPS
1km-2km for MGS -
evora:
You will stand a higher chance to get into Pei Hwa if staying within 1km.what are the chance under 2c for both school now?
<1km for PHPPS
1km-2km for MGS
Out of the question for MGS. -
janet_lee88:
why is it higher chance for Pei Hwa? Is it because of the no. of vacancy?
You will stand a higher chance to get into Pei Hwa if staying within 1km.evora:
what are the chance under 2c for both school now?
<1km for PHPPS
1km-2km for MGS
Out of the question for MGS. -
dine:
why is it higher chance for Pei Hwa? Is it because of the no. of vacancy?[/quote]MGS has about 37 places left for 2C (75 places to be split equally after Phase 2A2). Pei Hwa has 44 places for 2C. Vacancies wise, PH has 7 places more already.
You will stand a higher chance to get into Pei Hwa if staying within 1km.janet_lee88:
[quote=\"evora\"]what are the chance under 2c for both school now?
<1km for PHPPS
1km-2km for MGS
Out of the question for MGS. -
dine:
why is it higher chance for Pei Hwa? Is it because of the no. of vacancy?
Plus the fact that she is within 1km of Pei Hwa. When it comes to seat allocation, priority is given to those living within 1km.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login