Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Teck Ghee Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.1k Posts 46 Posters 316.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • R Offline
      rejoice137
      last edited by

      Hi Astee,


      Planning to do shopping today :-). DS as a scout will need to be on duty tomorrow for the food noation drive. Would like him to bring the donation over on his duty day, haha.

      Hehe. One more month and the school break will come. Of course before that will ahve some tests. Parents are going to get stressed again soon. HOpe the kids do their best. Especially for P1 parents, don’t get too stressed out so soon :-).

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • K Offline
        Kriz74Ong
        last edited by

        Hi all, i’m a newbie here, my boy is in P2 this yr and i just wanted to find out from the other P2 parents if they have encountered any issues with the teachers lately?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          Astee Foo
          last edited by

          Kriz74Ong:
          Hi all, i'm a newbie here, my boy is in P2 this yr and i just wanted to find out from the other P2 parents if they have encountered any issues with the teachers lately?

          Hi Kriz74Ong,

          Welcome to the TGPS Forum. My boy is in P2 as well. What issues are you referring to? The PTC will be taking place soon, so you may get a chance to feedback to your child's teachers on the concerned matters.

          regards,
          Astee

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • R Offline
            rejoice137
            last edited by

            Kriz74Ong:
            Hi all, i'm a newbie here, my boy is in P2 this yr and i just wanted to find out from the other P2 parents if they have encountered any issues with the teachers lately?

            Hi Kriz,

            My DS also in P2 this year. DS did not mention anything about the teachers lately. Are you facing issue with them? With the recent change in school time plus the additional CCA and CCA timing changes, I do find that the communication from the school is not adequent soemtime. But that is understandable with many changes. Hope it will get better over time.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              Kriz74Ong
              last edited by

              Hi Astee and Rejoice,


              I’m not sure how do I put this… Haiz…I find that his form teacher, for P2 this year, is a little impatient with the kids and my son quite afraid of her. Just the other day, she shouted or scolded at him (without asking him the reason) in the class for not completing his corrections, and my son was very upset that he didn’t take the school bus home but walk all the way home by himself…

              I don’t have any issue with teachers when he was in P1 but ever since the beginning of P2, I can see that there is a change in his behaviors. My son will complains about tummy-aches to the teacher and will either want to go to the toilet frequently or wanted to go home. He doesn’t seems to be interested in his work and i noticed that there are lots of careless mistake in his work, especially maths. He loves maths and I really don’t understand why there is a sudden change in his work.

              I’m at loss now on what should I do next…

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                Astee Foo
                last edited by

                Kriz74Ong:
                Hi Astee and Rejoice,


                I'm not sure how do I put this.... Haiz..I find that his form teacher, for P2 this year, is a little impatient with the kids and my son quite afraid of her. Just the other day, she shouted or scolded at him (without asking him the reason) in the class for not completing his corrections, and my son was very upset that he didn't take the school bus home but walk all the way home by himself....

                I don't have any issue with teachers when he was in P1 but ever since the beginning of P2, I can see that there is a change in his behaviors. My son will complains about tummy-aches to the teacher and will either want to go to the toilet frequently or wanted to go home. He doesn't seems to be interested in his work and i noticed that there are lots of careless mistake in his work, especially maths. He loves maths and I really don't understand why there is a sudden change in his work.

                I'm at loss now on what should I do next....
                Hi Kriz,

                Had shared my thought on above with you, offline. Hope all will be well and you son will loves Maths again!! Don't lose hope...we will be here, giving you and your son the moral support! :hugs:

                Regards,
                Astee

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • K Offline
                  Kriz74Ong
                  last edited by

                  Thanks for the advice and encouragement, Astee!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • R Offline
                    rejoice137
                    last edited by

                    Hi Kriz,


                    I am sorry to hear what your DS has gone through. Is this a new form teacher for this year? For my DS, his P1 form teacher still teaching him and so far he still enjoying going school. If I am in your shoes, I will talk to my DS first to find out the story from his side, then call the school to talk to the form teacher involved. May be it is a misunderstanding. But if you find the form teacher really not reasonable and you can’t talk much sense to her, then might be good to bring this up to the principal. Hope that helps. Take care.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • I Offline
                      Ivy Ang Siow Kia
                      last edited by

                      Kriz74Ong:
                      Hi Astee and Rejoice,


                      I'm not sure how do I put this.... Haiz..I find that his form teacher, for P2 this year, is a little impatient with the kids and my son quite afraid of her. Just the other day, she shouted or scolded at him (without asking him the reason) in the class for not completing his corrections, and my son was very upset that he didn't take the school bus home but walk all the way home by himself....

                      I don't have any issue with teachers when he was in P1 but ever since the beginning of P2, I can see that there is a change in his behaviors. My son will complains about tummy-aches to the teacher and will either want to go to the toilet frequently or wanted to go home. He doesn't seems to be interested in his work and i noticed that there are lots of careless mistake in his work, especially maths. He loves maths and I really don't understand why there is a sudden change in his work.

                      I'm at loss now on what should I do next....
                      Hi Kris,

                      Surprised to hear that your DS encounter with the form teacher. Well, there's also a co-teacher for their class right, maybe if you do not want to confront or talk with the form teacher, you can try speaking with the co-teacher. Teachers should be sensitive to a child's feelings too. A childs' emotional health especially in the school is very important, cos thats where they will spend most of the time, and without a happy and healthy environment, it is unfair and I think it will affect the child's growth in the school.

                      Ivy

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • K Offline
                        Kriz74Ong
                        last edited by

                        Hi Rejoice and Ivy,


                        Thanks for the advice. I’m working with the FT and also the student care centre teacher currently to talk to him to find out what are the problems. If need to, I’ll pay a visit to the school next week to talk to the FT and principal.

                        Thank you!

                        Cheers,
                        kriz

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 30
                        • 31
                        • 32
                        • 33
                        • 34
                        • 108
                        • 109
                        • 32 / 109
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy