Teck Ghee Primary
-
Hi Ivy,
The one week away papers are Papers 1 for English and MT, right? My DS happily left his exam schedule in school and i have yet to see his time-table. So i am using my girl's as guideline. If following the higher primary guide, the Math paper should be around 4th week of October, so teacher would still have some time to teach the module. I just checked with DS and he said Volumn was covered a few days ago? Not sure if my DS got it right, you can check with their FT.
Also there are many days of school closure in October, so we can use it on revision.In case the topic was covered too quickly for the kid to digest.
Good Luck to all kiddos.
regards,
asteeIvy Ang Siow Kia:
Hi Astee,
The exams are just 1 week away from today...sigh...and DS class has yet to start the last topic for Mathematics - Volumn. I don't understand, I felt that they are quite slack during the first 3 terms, now really chionging. Will they skip the topic totally? :? -
Hi Astee,
You are right, Eng n MT paper 1(Compo) one week away and Maths on 4th week . I'm worried about the paper 1 tooAstee Foo:
Hi Ivy,
The one week away papers are Papers 1 for English and MT, right? My DS happily left his exam schedule in school and i have yet to see his time-table. So i am using my girl's as guideline. If following the higher primary guide, the Math paper should be around 4th week of October, so teacher would still have some time to teach the module. I just checked with DS and he said Volumn was covered a few days ago? Not sure if my DS got it right, you can check with their FT.
Also there are many days of school closure in October, so we can use it on revision.In case the topic was covered too quickly for the kid to digest.
Good Luck to all kiddos.
regards,
asteeIvy Ang Siow Kia:
Hi Astee,
The exams are just 1 week away from today...sigh...and DS class has yet to start the last topic for Mathematics - Volumn. I don't understand, I felt that they are quite slack during the first 3 terms, now really chionging. Will they skip the topic totally? :? -
Dear all,
A little invite to \"off load\" some SA2 pressure.
Mid Autumn Festival Celebration 2012 is here again.
Date: 4 October 2012, Thursday.
Time: 7pm to 9pm.
Come along and join in the fun activities:
- Lantern Making Competition
- Lantern Riddles
- Pomelo Peeling Competitionetcs....
Cheers,
Astee -
Hi Astee,
We went last year and was quite fun. Free lantern all the kids :-). Will go there again this year. -
Dear all,
Hope you had an enjoyable mid-autumn festival celebrations with your love ones. We went to Bishan Park last evening to feel the atmosphere and spirit. Children had fun with lighting the candles. As they are older now, they are not interested in carrying lanterns.
Final week for PSLE kiddos and wishing them all the best for the final hurdles before embarking on their next milestone. This will also be their final year celebrating Children Day and hope they will have fun on this Thursday.
Happy Children day to all kiddos and parents too.
Regard,
Astee -
I was surprised to receive letter from school to report in following week to fill in pupil profile form ahead of orientation day. So was wondering this info is going to be used to arrange the class profile of P1 classes? Thought is just based on registration number and boy-girl class ratio.
-
Hi Ninjago,
When did you receive the letter? I did not receive one. I also thought it was based on registration number or some kind of sex and racial mixed. I am wondering if my DS2 will be taught under the same P1 FT as my DS1 :-). -
I received the letter as well but has yet to call the school to change the timing as I could not make it at the allocated time. I donβt think the data is used for the arrangement of classes. If yes, on what basis and criteria?
-
Hi Rejoice,
So it is unlikely the P2 teacher will follow up?
The form exercise says to fill up pupil data form, dental form, student contact form n mother tongue appln (if applicable).
I guess since you have DS1, then they can carry over the same info. Cos I recall in P1 appln we only fill up male-female n never indicate race or mother tongue. And the duplicate was sent back to us as confirmation.
But my personal opinion is that they could have just sent us the forms and we could submit them within deadline at our convenience. -
Hi Nimjago and Beauty,
You mean you need to go to the school to fill up the form? Hmm, I did not have to do that for DS1. I did remember filling up some forms for DS2 before the P1 registration. But hubby did the filling up so I am not too sure what was asked. May be the school would like to meet up with the parents as well to chat and get some input.
The kids will be stream for P3 so the whole class will be split. Likely the FT will be different for P3. I am not too sure if DS1 P1 FT will take up P1 class next year. Just wishing :-p.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login