Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Ai Tong

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.1k Posts 264 Posters 461.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      cherrypumpkin
      last edited by

      Thank you all for the replies. My child is sg50 baby…I think most likely need to ballot…yes I stay less than 1km as well…so possibly higher chances but still no gurantee…haiz very headache

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • floppyF Offline
        floppy
        last edited by

        百年爱同 : 爱同学校创校一百周年纪念特刊


        这是爱同学校庆祝创校一百周年而出版的纪念特刊. 纪念特刊内刊登了有关爱同学校从1912年至2012年来的历史和发展的文章和照片.

        Ai Tong School 100th Anniversary Commemorative Book

        Download a http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/printheritage/download.aspx?id=50ed7da9-309c-41cb-8f25-ef83beb5b56a.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • skiiS Offline
          skii
          last edited by

          cherrypumpkin\" post_id=\"1902036\" time=\"1552150167\" user_id=\"116623:

          I have been accepted by SSHK alr..waiting for avail volunteer spots to do volunteering..So still have time actually..what is GYPS? Yeah I know the balloting is a must so taking chances here..So in your opinion I shldnt take the chance and go for st hildas? Phase 2C past history confirm must ballot one right..
          agreed with the other replies.

          SG50 baby = damn a lot of demand at every phase of the application.

          If I were you, and travelling 6 years is a little headache, I would:
          - find house rent or buy near Tampines
          - apply 2A1 at st hildas (90% bao jiak)
          but remember, some schools ballotted during 2A1 in 2018 too until 2A2 has zero places

          https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/early-balloting-for-p1-places-likely-at-chij-st-nicholas-girls-catholic-high

          but not to worry, since you are outside 2KM of st. hildas, even if there is a ballot, I would think its a 52 ballot for 50 places (after the within 1KM, 1-2KM kids getting a place first)

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • skiiS Offline
            skii
            last edited by

            cherrypumpkin\" post_id=\"1902036\" time=\"1552150167\" user_id=\"116623:

            I have been accepted by SSHK alr..waiting for avail volunteer spots to do volunteering..So still have time actually..what is GYPS? Yeah I know the balloting is a must so taking chances here..So in your opinion I shldnt take the chance and go for st hildas? Phase 2C past history confirm must ballot one right..
            email just came in from SHHK - did u applied for the latest event?

            anyway, just imagine, everyone with 80hrs will be given a letter
            there will be easily people in your situation (within 1KM of ATS)
            plus the unknown number from grassroots
            even 2B is risky for SG50 babies

            (SHHK used to be under the no upper limit of hours. thus they can control the 2B letters issued based on the numbers of hours a volunteer clocked.
            eg: letter 20 for ATS cut up at 150 hours.... at least you know there are only 20 letters from clan and unknown from GRL)

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • floppyF Offline
              floppy
              last edited by

              skii\" post_id=\"1904111\" time=\"1553753244\" user_id=\"82603:

              ...
              anyway, just imagine, everyone with 80hrs will be given a letter
              there will be easily people in your situation (within 1KM of ATS)
              plus the unknown number from grassroots
              even 2B is risky for SG50 babies

              (SHHK used to be under the no upper limit of hours. thus they can control the 2B letters issued based on the numbers of hours a volunteer clocked.
              eg: letter 20 for ATS cut up at 150 hours.... at least you know there are only 20 letters from clan and unknown from GRL)
              Considering that in the past when SHHK control the number of letters they issued, ATS was already in a balloting situation. With the new rule (which encourages transparency), I would assume the number of qualified applicants would increase.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • hazelineH Offline
                hazeline
                last edited by

                Hi, thanks so much for sharing! But I am unable to view? Any chance to send to my email? I can PM you my email address.

                floppy\" post_id=\"1904106\" time=\"1553751942\" user_id=\"97579:
                百年爱同 : 爱同学校创校一百周年纪念特刊

                这是爱同学校庆祝创校一百周年而出版的纪念特刊. 纪念特刊内刊登了有关爱同学校从1912年至2012年来的历史和发展的文章和照片.

                Ai Tong School 100th Anniversary Commemorative Book

                Download a http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/printheritage/download.aspx?id=50ed7da9-309c-41cb-8f25-ef83beb5b56a.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • floppyF Offline
                  floppy
                  last edited by

                  hazeline\" post_id=\"1904140\" time=\"1553777165\" user_id=\"18065:

                  Hi, thanks so much for sharing! But I am unable to view? Any chance to send to my email? I can PM you my email address.
                  floppy\" post_id=\"1904106\" time=\"1553751942\" user_id=\"97579:

                  百年爱同 : 爱同学校创校一百周年纪念特刊

                  这是爱同学校庆祝创校一百周年而出版的纪念特刊. 纪念特刊内刊登了有关爱同学校从1912年至2012年来的历史和发展的文章和照片.

                  Ai Tong School 100th Anniversary Commemorative Book
                  ...

                  Oops. Try this link instead:
                  http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/printheritage/detail/50ed7da9-309c-41cb-8f25-ef83beb5b56a.aspx

                  Look for the download link. It’s a huge file (~300MB). The pictures and stories presented are quite interesting.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • hazelineH Offline
                    hazeline
                    last edited by

                    Thanks so much Floppy!


                    Took some time to go thru the book. Saw pics of my beloved school and teachers. Greatly appreciated your sharing 🙂

                    floppy\" post_id=\"1904163\" time=\"1553788843\" user_id=\"97579:
                    hazeline\" post_id=\"1904140\" time=\"1553777165\" user_id=\"18065:

                    Hi, thanks so much for sharing! But I am unable to view? Any chance to send to my email? I can PM you my email address.
                    [quote=floppy post_id=1904106 time=1553751942 user_id=97579]百年爱同 : 爱同学校创校一百周年纪念特刊

                    这是爱同学校庆祝创校一百周年而出版的纪念特刊. 纪念特刊内刊登了有关爱同学校从1912年至2012年来的历史和发展的文章和照片.

                    Ai Tong School 100th Anniversary Commemorative Book
                    ...

                    Oops. Try this link instead:
                    http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/printheritage/detail/50ed7da9-309c-41cb-8f25-ef83beb5b56a.aspx

                    Look for the download link. It’s a huge file (~300MB). The pictures and stories presented are quite interesting.[/quote]

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • P Offline
                      peachtan
                      last edited by

                      hi can I check how to get into phase 2a1 for aitong? currently at phase 2a2 what is the chance to be enrolled.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • floppyF Offline
                        floppy
                        last edited by

                        peachtan\" post_id=\"1920566\" time=\"1563417112\" user_id=\"160345:

                        hi can I check how to get into phase 2a1 for aitong? currently at phase 2a2 what is the chance to be enrolled.
                        Refer to MOE https://beta.moe.gov.sg/primary/p1-registration/.

                        Phase 2A(1)
                        - You are a former student of your preferred school, and have signed up as a member of the alumni association before 1 July 2018 (i.e. 1 July of the year before registration).
                        - You are a member of the Advisory or Management Committee of your preferred school.

                        You can sign up for their alumni association here: http://www.ai-tong-alumni.org.sg

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 101
                        • 102
                        • 103
                        • 104
                        • 105
                        • 112
                        • 113
                        • 103 / 113
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy