Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Greenridge Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    124 Posts 27 Posters 66.9k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mummy of 3
      last edited by

      mama diva:
      I am a very experienced mother of 2 sons from GRPS. My elder son graduated in 2007 and my younger son currently still in the school. Both my sons are from the average class(not the top 2 classes nor the last 2 classes)


      In 2007, when my son took PSLE, the school only had about 4 days of extra classes during June holiday. The school only started having extra classes 2x a week after the prelim which is indeed to late for those average students. My son and I had to struggle very hard for PSLE as the school did give a good headstart. (he is in express stream now)

      During parent talk in the school hall, I questioned about the slow pace the school’s approach towards PSLE, and my questioned was not answered. Yet, school principal only brag about how well she brought up her own kids & the top pupil.

      In 2007, when my elder son took his PSLE the Principal promised to visit every classes to give motivational took to each classes. Towards, the PSLE period everyday I asked my son has the Principal visited your class? each time he said not yet. But I came to know the Principal has already visited the 2 top classes a few weeks ago because I have friends with kids in the top 2 classes!

      Their Maths PSLE score from 2007-2010, was always below the national level. Last year 2010 only 70% pass against 84% pass national level. Which means out of 400 students , there were 120 students failed Maths! Can u imagine that?

      From these experiences, I knew that GRPS will only focus on the top 2 classes in order to gain the top ranking school of having above 275 pointers for their own benefit. But down the road there are another 300 students struggling to just go thru into express stream.

      So, before you enroll in GRPS make sure your child will be among the top 2 classes, otherwise GRPS will treat them as just another student taking another PSLE, which is a no big deal to GRPS .

      For me, once again I have to struggle thru with my younger’s son PSLE in GRPS…….
      :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Then i may consider my DD1 school in P2C if fail in P2B... :sad:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • A Offline
        Alkanet
        last edited by

        mama diva:
        I am a very experienced mother of 2 sons from GRPS. My elder son graduated in 2007 and my younger son currently still in the school. Both my sons are from the average class(not the top 2 classes nor the last 2 classes)


        In 2007, when my son took PSLE, the school only had about 4 days of extra classes during June holiday. The school only started having extra classes 2x a week after the prelim which is indeed to late for those average students. My son and I had to struggle very hard for PSLE as the school did give a good headstart. (he is in express stream now)

        During parent talk in the school hall, I questioned about the slow pace the school’s approach towards PSLE, and my questioned was not answered. Yet, school principal only brag about how well she brought up her own kids & the top pupil.

        In 2007, when my elder son took his PSLE the Principal promised to visit every classes to give motivational took to each classes. Towards, the PSLE period everyday I asked my son has the Principal visited your class? each time he said not yet. But I came to know the Principal has already visited the 2 top classes a few weeks ago because I have friends with kids in the top 2 classes!

        Their Maths PSLE score from 2007-2010, was always below the national level. Last year 2010 only 70% pass against 84% pass national level. Which means out of 400 students , there were 120 students failed Maths! Can u imagine that?

        From these experiences, I knew that GRPS will only focus on the top 2 classes in order to gain the top ranking school of having above 275 pointers for their own benefit. But down the road there are another 300 students struggling to just go thru into express stream.

        So, before you enroll in GRPS make sure your child will be among the top 2 classes, otherwise GRPS will treat them as just another student taking another PSLE, which is a no big deal to GRPS .

        For me, once again I have to struggle thru with my younger’s son PSLE in GRPS…….

        :shock: :shock: :shock: Now am considering another school 60:40 than Grps...

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • P Offline
          patntee
          last edited by

          mama diva:
          I am a very experienced mother of 2 sons from GRPS. My elder son graduated in 2007 and my younger son currently still in the school. Both my sons are from the average class(not the top 2 classes nor the last 2 classes)


          In 2007, when my son took PSLE, the school only had about 4 days of extra classes during June holiday. The school only started having extra classes 2x a week after the prelim which is indeed to late for those average students. My son and I had to struggle very hard for PSLE as the school did give a good headstart. (he is in express stream now)

          During parent talk in the school hall, I questioned about the slow pace the school’s approach towards PSLE, and my questioned was not answered. Yet, school principal only brag about how well she brought up her own kids & the top pupil.

          In 2007, when my elder son took his PSLE the Principal promised to visit every classes to give motivational took to each classes. Towards, the PSLE period everyday I asked my son has the Principal visited your class? each time he said not yet. But I came to know the Principal has already visited the 2 top classes a few weeks ago because I have friends with kids in the top 2 classes!

          Their Maths PSLE score from 2007-2010, was always below the national level. Last year 2010 only 70% pass against 84% pass national level. Which means out of 400 students , there were 120 students failed Maths! Can u imagine that?

          From these experiences, I knew that GRPS will only focus on the top 2 classes in order to gain the top ranking school of having above 275 pointers for their own benefit. But down the road there are another 300 students struggling to just go thru into express stream.

          So, before you enroll in GRPS make sure your child will be among the top 2 classes, otherwise GRPS will treat them as just another student taking another PSLE, which is a no big deal to GRPS .

          For me, once again I have to struggle thru with my younger’s son PSLE in GRPS…….
          mama diva, thanks for sharing your experience. I heard the same feedback about the school too. :yikes:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • A Offline
            Alkanet
            last edited by

            Does Grps have plan f/ upgrading to a single session?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • Y Offline
              Yona
              last edited by

              [quote="Alkanet"]Does Grps have plan f/ upgrading to a single session?[/quote

              They do have plan to turn single session, based on MOE plan. May not year 2012, as the no. of students still large.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                mummy of 3
                last edited by

                Dear all, any PV in Greenridge PS to share their experience?

                Will like to do PV again for my DD2... :sad:
                Pls help :?: ...

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • Y Offline
                  Yona
                  last edited by

                  mummy of 3:
                  Dear all, any PV in Greenridge PS to share their experience?

                  Will like to do PV again for my DD2... :sad:
                  Pls help :?: ...

                  I am a PV in this school. I enjoy working with the teachers and principal. Hope you will join, do enjoy. No sad, be happy. 🆒

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • J Offline
                    jalanbaby
                    last edited by

                    mama diva:
                    I am a very experienced mother of 2 sons from GRPS. My elder son graduated in 2007 and my younger son currently still in the school. Both my sons are from the average class(not the top 2 classes nor the last 2 classes)


                    In 2007, when my son took PSLE, the school only had about 4 days of extra classes during June holiday. The school only started having extra classes 2x a week after the prelim which is indeed to late for those average students. My son and I had to struggle very hard for PSLE as the school did give a good headstart. (he is in express stream now)

                    During parent talk in the school hall, I questioned about the slow pace the school’s approach towards PSLE, and my questioned was not answered. Yet, school principal only brag about how well she brought up her own kids & the top pupil.

                    In 2007, when my elder son took his PSLE the Principal promised to visit every classes to give motivational took to each classes. Towards, the PSLE period everyday I asked my son has the Principal visited your class? each time he said not yet. But I came to know the Principal has already visited the 2 top classes a few weeks ago because I have friends with kids in the top 2 classes!

                    Their Maths PSLE score from 2007-2010, was always below the national level. Last year 2010 only 70% pass against 84% pass national level. Which means out of 400 students , there were 120 students failed Maths! Can u imagine that?

                    From these experiences, I knew that GRPS will only focus on the top 2 classes in order to gain the top ranking school of having above 275 pointers for their own benefit. But down the road there are another 300 students struggling to just go thru into express stream.

                    So, before you enroll in GRPS make sure your child will be among the top 2 classes, otherwise GRPS will treat them as just another student taking another PSLE, which is a no big deal to GRPS .

                    For me, once again I have to struggle thru with my younger’s son PSLE in GRPS…….
                    Honestly it is the same in most schools.... There is always more emphasis given to top and bottom classes. Parents & kids also need to put in their effort, especially in PSLE year.

                    JMHO...

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      cindylauper
                      last edited by

                      Hi, I have a daughter in P6 GRPS and she is doing prelim the second time around. Do you think it is strange? Is anyone's P6 son or daughter doing prelim again too. Why do you think the school is giving the students another prelim exam. I did not see any letter from school to explain the reasons behind this strange occurrence. I heard many students did badly for the first prelim, my daughter performed below her expectations too. But having second prelim is not usual..


                      :?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • Y Offline
                        Yaap Yong Siew Ruth
                        last edited by

                        Not to worry abt. I still think it is a good sch. GRPS engages Dr Yeap BanHar, a famous maths teacher from Marshall Cavendish for professional development of teachers. I wish my daughter’s Fuchun Pr sch will do the same soon. My friend is a level head/HOD of Science at GRPS and she is a fantastic teacher.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 4 / 13
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        Jane_LeongJ
                        Jane_Leong

                        Statistics

                        8

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy