Methodist Girls' School (Primary)
-
NardNegoy\" post_id=\"1977490\" time=\"1590302391\" user_id=\"139787:
Woah take a chill pill.
Okay, first of all, there's no need to get all preachy and judgmental. If you get to call me \"kan cheong\" when I'm \"only registering next year right\", and yet you're spamming questions on multiple school threads and changing your longtime church simply to get into a school - and your daughter is only 3 years old??? - what does that make you?ricedoll\" post_id=\"1977473\" time=\"1590297636\" user_id=\"165813:
Nard, first of all no need so kan cheong.. I believe you only registering next year right? Whether can get in is one thing. Most years ballot starts 2B <1km. But good luck.
CCAs should start P3 onwards. No need to plan piano schedule 4-5 years in advance.
FYI, my daughter is currently playing netball and the piano, both of her own interest. I didn't and don't play netball or the piano. I am just doing some forward planning with regards to giving her a stable schedule going forward, so that her schooling life is easier.
Anyway, your unhelpful comment is noted. A kind parent has since sent me a PM with the answers. Thank you to the person, and to all those who continue to make these forums a wonderful place for information and sharing. Truly appreciated.
Im just curious how you know your kid gonna play and get selected for netball at p3 at the school you havent gotten in to. good luck to your balloting. -
the ballot, the cca (in a few years) <- all these beyond your control
yes i asked about the church, but this is similar to SHHK membership and GRL <- they are within our control
please chill and have a nice day, not preachy nor judgemental.
i believe we are all on this forum as we are all kiasu
-
NardNegoy\" post_id=\"1977490\" time=\"1590302391\" user_id=\"139787:
Just curious, where to learn and play netball at 5 / 6 yo?
...
FYI, my daughter is currently playing netball and the piano, both of her own interest.
... -
floppy\" post_id=\"1977525\" time=\"1590310210\" user_id=\"97579:
There are a few, such as Sport Ready Netball Academy, and Singapore Netball Academy. If your daughter is interested in ball sports such as basketball and netball, and seems to have an affinity, you can consider some of their play based programmes. Good way to expand on your child's interest, as well as draw on some of the benefits of team sports (including health benefits, btw - I'm a big fan of more play and less screen time). Go ahead and give it a try.
Just curious, where to learn and play netball at 5 / 6 yo?
-
Hi, I recently checked out the location of MGS and its favorable to my house, then my 1st choice (RGPS) But by 2C, its est 130% oversubscribed based on ELite stats
Vacancy for Phase 2C\t88\t69\t90
No. Reg for Phase 2C\t108\t93\t116
Im keen to enrol my girl as there is affiliation, though for 2026 PSLE, the scores are changed. RGPS has no affiliation and MGS affiliation for MGS Sec is beneficial to her. I am unfamiliar with MGS school culture. But as an old girl RGPS, I find RGPS to be highly stressful and competitive, not to mention current distance is a headache.
I am considering trying out 2C MGS, forgoing RGPS. Can anyone throw in any advice for me? -
p0o9i8\" post_id=\"1978864\" time=\"1590981701\" user_id=\"65485:
Hi,
Hi, I recently checked out the location of MGS and its favorable to my house, then my 1st choice (RGPS) But by 2C, its est 130% oversubscribed based on ELite stats
Vacancy for Phase 2C\t88\t69\t90
No. Reg for Phase 2C\t108\t93\t116
Im keen to enrol my girl as there is affiliation, though for 2026 PSLE, the scores are changed. RGPS has no affiliation and MGS affiliation for MGS Sec is beneficial to her. I am unfamiliar with MGS school culture. But as an old girl RGPS, I find RGPS to be highly stressful and competitive, not to mention current distance is a headache.
I am considering trying out 2C MGS, forgoing RGPS. Can anyone throw in any advice for me?
Usually there's balloting for MGS <1km, so if you're within that distance and don't mind some risk, you can give it a try. Otherwise, I would consider the security of an virtually guaranteed place at RGPS in 2A over the uncertainty of 2C MGS. Also, culturally there isn't a great deal to choose from between the two, they are both good schools, and parents can help moderate any stress levels with their own kids, regardless of external pressures. Affiliation is also slightly overrated, imo. Also, just wondering, if MGS is close to your place, RGPS shouldn't be that far off, right?
Hope that helps a little. All the best with your planning! -
p0o9i8\" post_id=\"1978864\" time=\"1590981701\" user_id=\"65485:
If you are rgps alumni, that means your girl can register in phase 2A1, which basically means she will be guaranteed to get into rgps. Why will you want to give up a guaranteed seat in rgps for only a chance to ballot for mgs? If you get balloted out of mgs in phase 2C, your daughter will have to go to a school much farther away from rgps as almost all the schools near mgs are super hot schools. To me, it is a no brainer. I would definitely just register for rgps under phase 2A1.
Hi, I recently checked out the location of MGS and its favorable to my house, then my 1st choice (RGPS) But by 2C, its est 130% oversubscribed based on ELite stats
Vacancy for Phase 2C\t88\t69\t90
No. Reg for Phase 2C\t108\t93\t116
Im keen to enrol my girl as there is affiliation, though for 2026 PSLE, the scores are changed. RGPS has no affiliation and MGS affiliation for MGS Sec is beneficial to her. I am unfamiliar with MGS school culture. But as an old girl RGPS, I find RGPS to be highly stressful and competitive, not to mention current distance is a headache.
I am considering trying out 2C MGS, forgoing RGPS. Can anyone throw in any advice for me? -
There will be plenty of places for SCs at Bukit Timah Primary at phase 2CS.
-
p0o9i8\" post_id=\"1978864\" time=\"1590981701\" user_id=\"65485:
Just stick to Phase 2A1 Rgps
Hi, I recently checked out the location of MGS and its favorable to my house, then my 1st choice (RGPS) But by 2C, its est 130% oversubscribed based on ELite stats
Vacancy for Phase 2C\t88\t69\t90
No. Reg for Phase 2C\t108\t93\t116
Im keen to enrol my girl as there is affiliation, though for 2026 PSLE, the scores are changed. RGPS has no affiliation and MGS affiliation for MGS Sec is beneficial to her. I am unfamiliar with MGS school culture. But as an old girl RGPS, I find RGPS to be highly stressful and competitive, not to mention current distance is a headache.
I am considering trying out 2C MGS, forgoing RGPS. Can anyone throw in any advice for me?
If your girl get balloted out of MGS (Phase 2C), she got to go to Bukit Timah primary under 2C Supplementary, because over there, still got vacancies for 2CS. You want ?
If u don't mind, go ahead and ballot MGS,
because
during balloting, the actual answer lies in your own luck.
Otherwise, just stick to Rgps,
when reach the end of P2, seek transfer to MGS. Some ex (former) Rgps students from past batches, also transferred out from Rgps into MGS successfully like that, at the end of P2.
=========================
For your info,
Is very easy to transfer out of Rgps, into some other primary schools, as long as your daughter is doing well, inside Rgps -
A guaranteed spot in RGPS vs a shot in the dark for MGS. That’s a no-brainer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login