Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maha Bodhi

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.1k Posts 303 Posters 951.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J Offline
      jessyy
      last edited by

      I heard some parents get the letter n manage to ballot under phase 2B… Maybe u want to give it a try? Balloting for this year is SC >2km

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • J Offline
        jessyy
        last edited by

        I heard some parents get the letter n manage to ballot under phase 2B… Maybe u want to give it a try? Balloting for this year is SC >2km

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • 2 Offline
          20062008
          last edited by

          Hello, 1st post here...

          My son balloted in MBS for year 2013 p1 too.
          Last 3 to get into...
          Brain was blank when drew up my son's ballot ID as the chance
          Was so slim......when the manager announced left 8....then 3....
          Stress before a week on the ballot...no fun,indeed. πŸ˜‰
          Manage to read all threads on MBS too πŸ˜„

          Jessyy, see u in year 2013....Yr gal is in p1 too,rite.
          I find it good to keep in touch with same year and existing MBS mothers here.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • MMMM Offline
            MMM
            last edited by

            20062008:
            Hello, 1st post here...

            My son balloted in MBS for year 2013 p1 too.
            Last 3 to get into...
            Brain was blank when drew up my son's ballot ID as the chance
            Was so slim......when the manager announced left 8....then 3....
            Stress before a week on the ballot...no fun,indeed. πŸ˜‰
            Manage to read all threads on MBS too πŸ˜„

            Jessyy, see u in year 2013....Yr gal is in p1 too,rite.
            I find it good to keep in touch with same year and existing MBS mothers here.
            :congrats: Indeed... balloting is no fun especially if you are the last few to be called....

            Seeing some other threads on their kids being balloted out of MBS and still feeling sad about it 4 days after the balloting has passed and wondering about which school to register now, my heart really goes out to them.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • D Offline
              Dawnie
              last edited by

              jessyy:
              I heard some parents get the letter n manage to ballot under phase 2B.. Maybe u want to give it a try? Balloting for this year is SC >2km

              Hi Jessyy, what letter are you referring to? The letter from Budhhist Association?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • J Offline
                jessyy
                last edited by

                Hi newbie

                Yes my girl is 2013 intake
                Hope all will do well
                See u on oct during orientation

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • J Offline
                  jessyy
                  last edited by

                  Hi orange belt

                  Yes the Buddhist association
                  But I haven’t got that letter though

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mindman
                    last edited by

                    Dawnie:
                    jessyy:

                    I heard some parents get the letter n manage to ballot under phase 2B.. Maybe u want to give it a try? Balloting for this year is SC >2km


                    Hi Jessyy, what letter are you referring to? The letter from Budhhist Association?

                    i think she refers to SBF . Singapore Budhhist Federation at Lor 24A geylang
                    not Budhhist Association...

                    cheers

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • 2 Offline
                      20062008
                      last edited by

                      MMM:

                      Hello, 1st post here...

                      My son balloted in MBS for year 2013 p1 too.
                      Last 3 to get into...
                      Brain was blank when drew up my son's ballot ID as the chance
                      Was so slim......when the manager announced left 8....then 3....
                      Stress before a week on the ballot...no fun,indeed. πŸ˜‰
                      Manage to read all threads on MBS too πŸ˜„

                      Jessyy, see u in year 2013....Yr gal is in p1 too,rite.
                      I find it good to keep in touch with same year and existing MBS mothers here.

                      :congrats: Indeed... balloting is no fun especially if you are the last few to be called....

                      Seeing some other threads on their kids being balloted out of MBS and still feeling sad about it 4 days after the balloting has passed and wondering about which school to register now, my heart really goes out to them.





                      :thankyou:
                      Yes I saw this threads too ... Yes, feel sad to hear that. Understand that dilemma feeling they are facing now.

                      In fact, before my ID called, my brain already running wild....where ? Which? How? What next?.......Really feel no chance at all...thus when being drew up, I was really \"blank\" .....so I fully understand those parents who missed out.

                      When the ballot came to the end....we (in and out parents) hv to q up to take letter fm the admin.....

                      I saw some parents still sitting now there.... 😒

                      In fact, sin edu system shld be ok. When looking in a school I was more into their CCA and their \"extra learning\" experience....such as camp, community involvement...and of course I like MBS as it was a SAP school too...where CL is strongly enforce!

                      Anyway it was a bonus to me to know MBS CCA start fm P1 fm the threads here. :imcool:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • MMMM Offline
                        MMM
                        last edited by

                        20062008:
                        I saw some parents still sitting now there.... 😒


                        In fact, sin edu system shld be ok. When looking in a school I was more into their CCA and their \"extra learning\" experience....such as camp, community involvement...and of course I like MBS as it was a SAP school too...where CL is strongly enforce!

                        Anyway it was a bonus to me to know MBS CCA start fm P1 fm the threads here. :imcool:
                        Yah, actually, I just find it scary. Whenever I watch how parents shed tears of joy or weep when their kids fail to get in through ballot. Frankly and no offence, I told myself I don't want to be in that position. Sounds really stressful. So I always tell friends to go for the safest choice. Balloting is not for the weak hearted.

                        Yes, I think MBS is good (my personal view). Yes, it's not perfect and some would question why is the PSLE score not as high as it should be, is the standard dropping, why ain't they producing more top scorers, why is the mean score not as high, we also get our fair share of good and \"bad\" teachers.... but I am personally happy and proud of the school.

                        2 of my older kids got to do chinese immersion program in China when they were in P4. They got to join a great CCA (band) which they found so much pride and satisfaction when they won gold with honours during SYF. It also presented them with the opportunity to join some music talent development camp that is organised by MOE. They just enjoy school and we see the pride and confidence they get through such non-academic activities.

                        Besides that, I also see my dd1 got a chance to visit Chung Cheng Main for some lunar calendar activities as well as NYGH for some camp this year. Give her the exposure to these schools though unfortunately, she is not \"impressed\" so no motivation to work hard for these schools :sad:

                        Academically, the weak are not left behind. They don't focus on the good ones only.You probably have read that class size are smaller for weak students for CL as well as from P5 onwards. Kids are not push into foundation class unnecessarily as principal believe in giving these kids a chance. So yes, I really love MBS. Never love it as much when I was studying there. In fact, I told myself I won't put my kids in MBS unless I am doing well in life as during my era, the school was mainly filled with kids from \"good\" family background. But today, it's more balanced.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 164
                        • 165
                        • 166
                        • 167
                        • 168
                        • 312
                        • 313
                        • 166 / 313
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy